OP
OP

TacoTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
I'm interested in seeing:
* What effect sport/normal/eco has on mpg vs performance. Maybe we all get cake and eat it too.
* What effect tow/haul has on mpg w/o trailer but larger payload. Do we get more aggressive regen?

I'm pretty happy that the 2.4L has both direct and port injection. This should help to keep the back of the valves clean.
Sponsored

JakeJoeBob

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
I get the feeling they have been hooning around in this one ;) , interior was really dirty and the back seat was full of gear just strewn about.

Kevin Chaos

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2nd generation TRD Off-Road Tacoma
What mods you wanna do?
2.5” or 3” suspension lift. 305/65r18 (33.6 x 12), 18 x 9 wheel -12 offset. If the truck fits 17 inch wheels, I might do something slightly different. But, I think 17” wheel might not fit with the new brakes.

outcast

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
2.5” or 3” suspension lift. 305/65r18 (33.6 x 12), 18 x 9 wheel -12 offset. If the truck fits 17 inch wheels, I might do something slightly different. But, I think 17” wheel might not fit with the new brakes.
That sounds like a nice setup. I hope like the tundra we are able to add a lift from factory, would like to have clearance over 12in all around to help offset the overlanding weight.

what tires and wheels were you thinking of getting?

Kevin Chaos

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2nd generation TRD Off-Road Tacoma
That sounds like a nice setup. I hope like the tundra we are able to add a lift from factory, would like to have clearance over 12in all around to help offset the overlanding weight.

what tires and wheels were you thinking of getting?
Fuel Rincon (blackout) 18x9 -12mm offset, BFG KO2 305/65r18. Might do the TRD lift option (I think it’s Billstein currently), or maybe they’ll offer the OME from the TH as an option. I’m not sure how that works though since they’d need to install it. Might be better to just do an aftermarket suspension and have my local 4wd shop do the work. I wonder how long it takes the aftermarket products to come out after the truck is available. I assume not long.

Sponsored

Ranger_5G

First Name
Dood_Bruh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '24 BMW IX Electric
I definitely like the gas milege as I use my truck now for commute almost daily. Does anyone know what's the warranty on the hybrid battery? And the cost to replace it?

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
I definitely like the gas milege as I use my truck now for commute almost daily. Does anyone know what's the warranty on the hybrid battery? And the cost to replace it?

It will be the same like any of their other hybrid battery warranties. 10years/150k miles. And I doubt you will ever need to replace it. You may see it degrade some but doubt it will ever come close to you having to replace it.

TacoFly

First Name
PC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Crosstrek, 21 Bronco FE, 07 TRD Taco (Sold)
I'm just going to say it.....because I've been reading a bit of pixy dust stories here about MPG buuuuuuuut.......it seems like a lot of people here are wearing rose colored glasses. I know, I know.......flame throw me down to the ground, call me names but......

2024 Tacoma 18.8 MPG offroading / 30 MPG potential seen on 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro iForce Max Hybrid 1696349824263

That was posted elsewhere......and putting on a critical thinking cap..... I cant see the TRD off Road, Pro or Trailhunter getting more than 22-24MPG on the HWY.🤷‍♂️ Just saying.

Before I get thrown out of the room, I had an 07 TRD Off-Road for years, best I could do on flat ground. using cruise control and keeping it at 55-58mph, was 24-25MPG. The minute I'd try and go 65 or 70+.....forget MPG, under 18-20mpg. Another example...... Here are current averages off Fuelly.....real people using their trucks......

2024 Tacoma 18.8 MPG offroading / 30 MPG potential seen on 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro iForce Max Hybrid Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 1.18.59 PM

I'm rooting for the new trucks, really like the new stying but they wouldn't have a MASSIVE air dam on the SR5 to not try and create a headline showroom spec sheet.🤷‍♂️

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
I'm just going to say it.....because I've been reading a bit of pixy dust stories here about MPG buuuuuuuut.......it seems like a lot of people here are wearing rose colored glasses. I know, I know.......flame throw me down to the ground, call me names but......

1696349824263.png

That was posted elsewhere......and putting on a critical thinking cap..... I cant see the TRD off Road, Pro or Trailhunter getting more than 22-24MPG on the HWY.🤷‍♂️ Just saying.

Before I get thrown out of the room, I had an 07 TRD Off-Road for years, best I could do on flat ground. using cruise control and keeping it at 55-58mph, was 24-25MPG. The minute I'd try and go 65 or 70+.....forget MPG, under 18-20mpg. Another example...... Here are current averages off Fuelly.....real people using their trucks......

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 1.18.59 PM.png

I'm rooting for the new trucks, really like the new stying but they wouldn't have a MASSIVE air dam on the SR5 to not try and create a headline showroom spec sheet.🤷‍♂️
Your right…but the Hybrid system will bump the city MPG up to almost equal to hiway mpg. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the PRO/TH with combined 22-24 MPG. Limited/OR with the smaller lighter wheel tire combo and the snow plow air damn 26+ combined. The standard turbo 4 probably 2-3 combined better than the 2023?

mramseyisu

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
Just using my wife's rav4 for reference it's a 10 year/150k mile warranty and they're NiMh not lithium so the replacement cost is about $3500. The Tundra uses the same battery chemistry as the Rav4 so I would expect that the new Tacoma will too but I haven't actually seen what it is anywhere.

Sponsored

TacoTanium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a toyota - Maverick on the way
I want to believe it but it's hard. Maybe that demo truck with off-roading then reset average mpg and then hit the 1060 miles of hwy, and then take this picture?

TacoFly

First Name
PC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Crosstrek, 21 Bronco FE, 07 TRD Taco (Sold)
2024 Tacoma 18.8 MPG offroading / 30 MPG potential seen on 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro iForce Max Hybrid IMG_4218
Where did everyone claiming 30mpg go?

I was hoping something special too……..oh well, time to take off the rose colored glasses.
Sponsored