OP

BMM123

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 now - Sport Premium on order
Damn. The Bison is what I had my eye on too, but yeah on their website it looks like they just kind of assumed the 3rd gen would fit, so it shows 2016-2024.
No kidding, I called them and specifically asked and they said yes... drove an hour to get there and was disappointed... nice guys, and they did try but no luck
Sponsored

Blue Crush Taco

First Name
Dare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
It was bison in mississauga, won't fit... my truck was in their bay and they were trying to install. They tried the tri fold fold back and soft. I can't believe they're saying that because they know it won't fit, unless they told you before Wednesday afternoon.
Ya i ordered it Tuesday. They assured me it would fit and they had already installed on the 2024. I sent them pictures of the bed rails and everything thing. Grrrr. Guess they can pay to ship it back to them and refund my money I guess. Grrrr

Blue Crush Taco

First Name
Dare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
Damn. The Bison is what I had my eye on too, but yeah on their website it looks like they just kind of assumed the 3rd gen would fit, so it shows 2016-2024.
I even sent them pictures of the bed rails and all. They assured me it was going to fit. Dammit

jside86

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
even sent them pictures of the bed rails and all. They assured me it was goin
That is really disapointing for any Company to assume that it would fit without doing any significant testing.

I hope they fix their design and can eventually offer one that would fit the 2024. I would rather support them!

OP
OP

BMM123

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I even sent them pictures of the bed rails and all. They assured me it was going to fit. Dammit
Well they assured me that it would
That is really disapointing for any Company to assume that it would fit without doing any significant testing.

I hope they fix their design and can eventually offer one that would fit the 2024. I would rather support them!
I agree

Sponsored

Blue Crush Taco

First Name
Dare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport

I would support them as well if they get the proper cover that fits.

Blue Crush Taco

First Name
Dare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
Good morning .... So, I picked up my Windchill Pearl Long Box 2024 Tacoma Sport Premium on Wednesday afternoon. (Canadian specs)

My most important priority is getting a tonneau cover. There was a place in Mississauga that said they had a tonneau cover for a 2024. I was skeptical but thought I would take a chance because they were confident it was ok. No big deal, I wanted to go for a tour in my new baby anyway so what was the harm. Well, not even close so I will have to wait until there is something designed specifically for the 2024 Tacoma. That was disappointing! Nothing to do with the Tacoma itself, I felt it drove nice, It had more than enough power for what I need.

The tech is something that I will need to get more acquainted to, there is a lot to learn for an old fella like me.

The JBL Bluetooth speaker to me seems a little overpowering while its in the vehicle, there may be too much sound coming from the centre. I had a Camry XSE with the upgraded JBL system and I was able to turn off the surround mode. The manual for the Tacoma shows that there is an option to do this as well however, there is no option in the setting to do this. I was able to somewhat fix this by fading the speakers toward the back. I have not tried the JBL portable speaker yet. I have a JBL Boombox for the cottage so this speaker will be great for the golf cart.

There was a few loose options included when I picked the truck up. 3 pigtails for the Aux switches, 2 bags with 1 in one and 2 in the other. A full set of rubber winter floor mats and a full set of the nicer carpeted ones, embroidered with Tacoma TRD Sport. Also, a hitch receiver, a 2 inch ball and a set of 4 bed cleats.

Thursday morning we headed up to our cottage, approximately a 180 km drive (112 miles) There was a heavy snow forecast for most of southern Ontario. The truck drove beautifully, the adaptive cruise and lane centering works very well. I was able to achieve 9.7 l/100kms according to the dashboard fuel economy. (24.24 mpg us gallons, 29.12 mpg imperial gallons) Our trip started in a large city, mostly hiway driving but there was 5 small towns we drove through. The last 15 kms or so was in 4WD HI as we were on some very snow covered roads.

The rear of the truck was very snow covered and the sensors and cameras were showing as unavailable when we arrived.

I have read posts about the glove box having some play when closed, as far as I'm concerned, yes it does but not an issue for me. It did not rattle or do anything to make me notice.

The card key works perfectly and is actually quite nice because you can't even feel it in your pocket.

Remote start / lock works as it should. I have not tried the digital key.

The Canadian spec does not include the power tailgate but does include the easy open / lift and it works very well. I don't think the power would be that much of an improvement. It also does not include the digital rear view mirror which would be nice although I wonder how often the lens would get too dirty and you need to switch it back to regular, I'll get over it quickly.

I'm sure there is more I am forgetting about and will update later. It is very cold out so I haven't taken any videos and only a few pictures, not to mention the truck is now very snow and ice covered.

Overall, I am very happy so far. I have never owned a truck before, it has been a dream for me for many years. I recently retired and this is my happy retirement present to myself, I finally bought with my heart leading instead of my head. I will be perfect for cottage life.

If there is anything specific anyone wants to know or see pics of please ask.

20240214_174238.jpg

Windchill Pearl 2024 Tacoma TRD Sport.jpg

20240215_104757.jpg

20240215_131244.jpg

20240215_132406.jpg

20240216_074212.jpg

20240216_074326.jpg

IMG-20240215-WA0008.jpeg
Thank you for the info on the pigtails. I had no idea what they were for. Makes sense though. Again nice truck, Enjoy!

Truz66

First Name
Truz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Love your new truck. Congrats! I won’t get my own self retirement gift of an underground sport premiumf or another month or so.

I really like the Canadian truck2go.com tonneau retractable coil cover. I have emailed them and they say have the exact bed specs now but it is still in R&D and the 24 Tacoma version won’t be ready until March at least. Dang. Check out the website specs and let me know what you think.

OP
OP

BMM123

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love your new truck. Congrats! I won’t get my own self retirement gift of an underground sport premiumf or another month or so.

I really like the Canadian truck2go.com tonneau retractable coil cover. I have emailed them and they say have the exact bed specs now but it is still in R&D and the 24 Tacoma version won’t be ready until March at least. Dang. Check out the website specs and let me know what you think.
Thanks and thanks for the info, truck2go covers look good. Happy retirement to you in a month!

Paco877

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
The 6’ box looks so long from the side and rear angles. Too bad Canada doesn’t get more 5’ bed options. Might have to buy from another manufacturer.

Nice looking truck though.

Sponsored

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
I was able to test drive a Sport Premium this morning. Overall, it met my expectations, but a couple of let downs:
-while I knew not to expect the engine to sound great, it actually sounds bad. Takes some getting used to.
-it definitely doesn't feel torquey, even though the acceleration is decent.
-the big red flag for me: my 9yo daughter was terribly uncomfortable in the backseat. While there was decent room, the seat bottom is so deep (hip to knee) that her butt was 6" away from the seat back. This is a major issue. We sat in a Tundra and had the same issue. I joked with the salesman that by the time the hybrids come out, maybe my kid will be tall enough to fit, but inside I was heartbroken.

For context, my existing truck is a Chevy Avalanche, and my other vehicle is a Lexus IS F (which may be why the engine in the Taco sounds so bad to me lol)

Should also mention the dealer had swapped the tires for Toyo Open Country. Look nice, but I felt like they didn't pair well with the Sport suspension when we were on patchy ice that was quite rough.

Reactions: MJE

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
I was able to test drive a Sport Premium this morning. Overall, it met my expectations, but a couple of let downs:
-while I knew not to expect the engine to sound great, it actually sounds bad. Takes some getting used to.
-it definitely doesn't feel torquey, even though the acceleration is decent.
-the big red flag for me: my 9yo daughter was terribly uncomfortable in the backseat. While there was decent room, the seat bottom is so deep (hip to knee) that her butt was 6" away from the seat back. This is a major issue. We sat in a Tundra and had the same issue. I joked with the salesman that by the time the hybrids come out, maybe my kid will be tall enough to fit, but inside I was heartbroken.

For context, my existing truck is a Chevy Avalanche, and my other vehicle is a Lexus IS F (which may be why the engine in the Taco sounds so bad to me lol)

Should also mention the dealer had swapped the tires for Toyo Open Country. Look nice, but I felt like they didn't pair well with the Sport suspension when we were on patchy ice that was quite rough.
If you drive anything but a previous gen Tacoma you probably won't notice the 4 cyl turbo as being torquey...lol.

OP
OP

BMM123

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats! Great looking truck. Out here on the west coast, none of our dealers have received any yet. So not able to even see one one.
Hopefully any day for you now

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road