Sponsored

New 2024 Limited - My Impressions

Flyfish007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
That looks great! Do you get different tires with the TRD rims? We need more pics!!!
Sponsored

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 Tacoma Limited
That looks great! Do you get different tires with the TRD rims? We need more pics!!!
It is the wheels only and the cost is $1,325 (see Toyota accessories) when you build it online. And NO, you do not get to keep the OEM chrome rims.

jan123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma limited
Yes, exactly. You can get the TRD wheels for $300 a piece at yota garage, for example. Then you may have to buy different tires than those that come with the chrome rims (the tires on the TRD wheels are the same dimension, but they are Grabbers instead of Michelins). You still end up with 4 chrome rims (and tires), which somebody may be interested in. Or you may used them for winter tires.

If I had to configure the truck, that's how I would do it. But as I said, it came pre-configured that way and, for better or worse, I liked it so I got it.

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
20240315_103729 (2).jpg

I'm boomer years old with decades of offroad in the Jeep universe. My rock-pounding days have converted to...hmm, I don't really go to malls... Lowes Lizard???

I also considered the Canyon Denali, which did a few things better but ultimately fell short of the Limited.

My initial impressions were, honestly, a little underwhelming. For the price, I was hoping for more. However, this truck has grown on me. Spending time in Baltimore City, the comfort setting on the AVS is quite nice (do we need 5 + custom driving modes?) The Interior is quiet compared to my old Jeep. Good road manners. Descent sound system. Good acceleration, OK mileage, etc., etc. The card key is nice. The Safety Sense stuff is interesting and I have played with it and turned most of it off. I enjoy driving and would just assume to do it without assistance. I found the PCS to be a little aggressive, The LDA is OK but I have it off. I do use the dynamic cruise control and will use the LTA occasionally. I haven't hooked up my utility trailer yet to test those functions.

Now for my gripes (again, boomer). The biggest is the lack of memory seats. I'm 5'11", my wife 5'2" and my daughter 5'5". Nothing like getting your seat dialed in to have it moved later. If I had balls, I'd forbid them from driving. But I don't. Minor gripes. The Mode to switch inputs goes through all the inputs. It would be nice if you could de-select those that are not used. The electronics/menu configurations and layouts have the potential to be much better. I don't know if all trims have the same textured material on the interior door pull as the Limited, but it does a great job of grabbing any dirt on your hand. There should be a proper Oh Shit handle for the passenger. Now get off my lawn! In all seriousness, I have no regrets.

I did a proper new car detail (wash, iron, 1 cut polish, IPA, ceramic (Gtechiq CSL). She is garaged and will be a pavement princess for sure. I lucked on minimal PIO's (bed step and mudflaps). I've ordered factory floor mats and am waiting for the aftermarkets for a tri-fold bed cover and bed rug.
Iā€™m like you. Waiting for a trifold bed cover and bed liner. Iā€™m getting the 6ā€™ bed and itā€™s surprising how scarce the 3rd party options are. New things coming out each week though.

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max
I've got a Limited Hybrid on order. Was able to test drive a non-hybrid one and was extremely happy with ride quality, cabin noise, and some of the features. Played around with the drive modes and could absolutely tell a different in how rough/soft and quick/smooth the truck handled. This was big for me as I'll be coming from a 1.5 gen (2004-2007 series) Highlander v6 AWD. I had yet to find something that could take its place in terms of versatility, handling, ride comfort, and mixed hauling abilities that I have been able to squeeze out of that SUV.

"Offroading" for me is fields, campsites, driving around the property, and ice covered ski slope parking lots. Personally, if I could have removed the high air intake and swapped the OME lift to the AVS, I would have gotten the Trailhunter for the complete looks of it, but that wasn't an option.

I, like some others, am NOT a fan of the shiny chrome (to each their own, just wish it was an option). I've done the logo and tailgate lettering blackout packages. I'm coordinating with the dealer to swap out the mirror backs to color-matched before taking delivery. And I plan to source the TRD wheel after the fact and swap those out (man the lugs are a pain to find a part # for). I'm also toying with swapping out the upper grille (which will now be chrome with black logo) to the Heritage Bronze grille to further "de-bling" the truck. The only part holding me back from this one is how to get the light bar wired into the button panel of the cabin (no clue if the aux wiring will be there sans buttons, or not there at all). I also plan to remove the chrome exhaust tip and tail and replace with the "offroad trail dump" If I can pull all of that off, I will have successfully reduced the exterior chrome to the front lower chin and the door/gate handles.

Looking forward to tracking and hearing more about all of your experiences and thoughts!

Last edited:

mrgooden

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
20240315_103729 (2).jpg

I'm boomer years old with decades of offroad in the Jeep universe. My rock-pounding days have converted to...hmm, I don't really go to malls... Lowes Lizard???

I also considered the Canyon Denali, which did a few things better but ultimately fell short of the Limited.

My initial impressions were, honestly, a little underwhelming. For the price, I was hoping for more. However, this truck has grown on me. Spending time in Baltimore City, the comfort setting on the AVS is quite nice (do we need 5 + custom driving modes?) The Interior is quiet compared to my old Jeep. Good road manners. Descent sound system. Good acceleration, OK mileage, etc., etc. The card key is nice. The Safety Sense stuff is interesting and I have played with it and turned most of it off. I enjoy driving and would just assume to do it without assistance. I found the PCS to be a little aggressive, The LDA is OK but I have it off. I do use the dynamic cruise control and will use the LTA occasionally. I haven't hooked up my utility trailer yet to test those functions.

Now for my gripes (again, boomer). The biggest is the lack of memory seats. I'm 5'11", my wife 5'2" and my daughter 5'5". Nothing like getting your seat dialed in to have it moved later. If I had balls, I'd forbid them from driving. But I don't. Minor gripes. The Mode to switch inputs goes through all the inputs. It would be nice if you could de-select those that are not used. The electronics/menu configurations and layouts have the potential to be much better. I don't know if all trims have the same textured material on the interior door pull as the Limited, but it does a great job of grabbing any dirt on your hand. There should be a proper Oh Shit handle for the passenger. Now get off my lawn! In all seriousness, I have no regrets.

I did a proper new car detail (wash, iron, 1 cut polish, IPA, ceramic (Gtechiq CSL). She is garaged and will be a pavement princess for sure. I lucked on minimal PIO's (bed step and mudflaps). I've ordered factory floor mats and am waiting for the aftermarkets for a tri-fold bed cover and bed rug.
You think mileage is just okay? My record is 32.2. But, I am also Boomer age and don't speed.

Richard
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: Ron