New 2024 Limited - My Impressions

iResQ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Limited
2024 Tacoma New 2024 Limited - My Impressions 20240315_103729 (2)

I'm boomer years old with decades of offroad in the Jeep universe. My rock-pounding days have converted to...hmm, I don't really go to malls... Lowes Lizard???

I also considered the Canyon Denali, which did a few things better but ultimately fell short of the Limited.

My initial impressions were, honestly, a little underwhelming. For the price, I was hoping for more. However, this truck has grown on me. Spending time in Baltimore City, the comfort setting on the AVS is quite nice (do we need 5 + custom driving modes?) The Interior is quiet compared to my old Jeep. Good road manners. Descent sound system. Good acceleration, OK mileage, etc., etc. The card key is nice. The Safety Sense stuff is interesting and I have played with it and turned most of it off. I enjoy driving and would just assume to do it without assistance. I found the PCS to be a little aggressive, The LDA is OK but I have it off. I do use the dynamic cruise control and will use the LTA occasionally. I haven't hooked up my utility trailer yet to test those functions.

Now for my gripes (again, boomer). The biggest is the lack of memory seats. I'm 5'11", my wife 5'2" and my daughter 5'5". Nothing like getting your seat dialed in to have it moved later. If I had balls, I'd forbid them from driving. But I don't. Minor gripes. The Mode to switch inputs goes through all the inputs. It would be nice if you could de-select those that are not used. The electronics/menu configurations and layouts have the potential to be much better. I don't know if all trims have the same textured material on the interior door pull as the Limited, but it does a great job of grabbing any dirt on your hand. There should be a proper Oh Shit handle for the passenger. Now get off my lawn! In all seriousness, I have no regrets.

I did a proper new car detail (wash, iron, 1 cut polish, IPA, ceramic (Gtechiq CSL). She is garaged and will be a pavement princess for sure. I lucked on minimal PIO's (bed step and mudflaps). I've ordered factory floor mats and am waiting for the aftermarkets for a tri-fold bed cover and bed rug.
Sponsored

Romer

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
200 Series Land Cruiser
Nice.

Boomer to Boomer- what made you decide on the Limited? I am looking at the Offroad to augment my 200 series Land Cruiser. I wheel a lot so wanted something that could do that where I live in Colorado and in Utah.

OP
OP
iResQ

iResQ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Limited
Nice.

Boomer to Boomer- what made you decide on the Limited? I am looking at the Offroad to augment my 200 series Land Cruiser. I wheel a lot so wanted something that could do where I live in Colorado and in Utah.
In my area, the majority of wheeling is at two offroad parks and those are three hours away. We would probably wheel 8-12 times per year. Every other year we would travel to Tenn for Windrock, Chinqauipin, or Adventure. Never did make it out west. Jeep was lifted 3.5 on 37's, locked, blah blah blah. Always in big rocks and technical trails. Over the past couple of years, this has slowed. It would take a ton of money to build a Taco to hang with my wheeling buddies. Overlanding never appealed to me and, again, the options in the Mid-Adlantic are limited.

If I lived in CO or UT, it would be an Offroad without a doubt.

Flyfish007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Explorer St
Overall I like the limited the best but I can’t deal with all that chrome. I know I can swap it all out but I don’t want to be bothered with that. Maybe they will offer a nightshade package at some point.

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
OP, we are in your age group, and beyond. How do you find the power running boards? Would you assess them as dropping a bit lower than standard/fixed running boards?

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited, 2023 Wrangler 392, 23 X5 M50i
OP, we are in your age group, and beyond. How do you find the power running boards? Would you assess them as dropping a bit lower than standard/fixed running boards?
I’m sure OP will chime in soon but I will give my impression of them. For me, 6'2" I don't use them as the truck is pretty much the perfect height for me without. My wife, 5'7" doesn't use them either. She says it’s easier without them. Now for the boards. I think they come down lower than standard fixed boards. They are nice and wide and rock solid. If you are a person that needs them they are a great option.

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice.

Boomer to Boomer- what made you decide on the Limited? I am looking at the Offroad to augment my 200 series Land Cruiser. I wheel a lot so wanted something that could do that where I live in Colorado and in Utah.
I'm not the OP but definitely a boomer. I got the limited because I like comfort and convenience. It is the softest riding Tacoma on road with the best build materials (door cards are soft touch with stitching for example). It has HUD, Softex seats are standard etc. I like chrome! We used to pay extra for it back in the day! No Bruh murdered trucks for this Boomer!

Last edited:

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
I’m sure OP will chime in soon but I will give my impression of them. For me, 6'2" I don't use them as the truck is pretty much the perfect height for me without. My wife, 5'7" doesn't use them either. She says it’s easier without them. Now for the boards. I think they come down lower than standard fixed boards. They are nice and wide and rock solid. If you are a person that needs them they are a great option.
Thanks so much ridetime! We are both in our early 80's, and I'm sure the wife will need them. She struggles a bit with our '21 Highlander, and it has the fixed boards. What she really misses is the window pillar handgrip as we had on a 4Runner. Would like to consider a Land Cruiser, but no power running board option, so that bumps us to a GX550 Luxury+, an EXPENSIVE (but NICE!) vehicle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
iResQ

iResQ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Limited
I'm going to echo what the others have said. I don't care for them. My wife, on the other hand, likes them. She wins. It's easy to navigate around them. I get the hand grip complaint. The indentation that is there requires weird hand positioning. Hoping for an aftermarket solution soon.

bitrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Audi
Appreciate the post. I also am considering the Limited for the features and ride. I want a truck to do truck things like move firewood and get sheet goods and otherwise be a daily driver.. no interest in rock crawling or offroading. I'm just short of being a boomer so I guess my tastes in chrome are different than yours.. I'm waiting for the hybrid and to see what the limited looks like with a chrome delete

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks for your impressions of the limited! Gen X so a bit younger than perhaps many considering this trim, but if i go Taco that’s the one I’m looking at. Off road enough for gravel/dirt/forest roads. While having the most on-road features.

webshot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Does your "Custom" setting work when changing drive move for your suspension? My screen beeps but nothing changes.

jan123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma limited
Appreciate the post. I also am considering the Limited for the features and ride. I want a truck to do truck things like move firewood and get sheet goods and otherwise be a daily driver.. no interest in rock crawling or offroading. I'm just short of being a boomer so I guess my tastes in chrome are different than yours.. I'm waiting for the hybrid and to see what the limited looks like with a chrome delete
Got a Limited with the TRD 18 wheel package and the Black badge package, which eliminates a lot of chrome. It came preconfigured that way, I wouldn't have ordered it like that. I have to admit, it grew on me. At first I wasn't sure about the blue color either, but that grew on me as well...

2024 Tacoma New 2024 Limited - My Impressions IMG_1703

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got a Limited with the TRD 18 wheel package and the Black badge package, which eliminates a lot of chrome. It came preconfigured that way, I wouldn't have ordered it like that. I have to admit, it grew on me. At first I wasn't sure about the blue color either, but that grew on me as well...

IMG_1703.jpeg
It looks nice! When you get a chance we need a few more pics!
Sponsored