Sponsored

TacomaFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tacoma Limited
It has it. It is tied to the user profile as we as key profile. Now ask how GM forgot to add Homelink to any of their trims for the Colorado/Canyon.
Great point. Also, how can GM ask for that amount of money with a manual slider too?
Sponsored

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
Great point. Also, how can GM ask for that amount of money with a manual slider too?

Yeah, so no powered slider, no power steps on Denali, no homelink, no digital rearview are just a few of the things I found when comparing the Limited to Denali.

OP
OP
bking

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Yeah, so no powered slider, no power steps on Denali, no homelink, no digital rearview are just a few of the things I found when comparing the Limited to Denali.
To be fair, the Denali does have things that the limited does. It does have more power, leather, and Auto 4WD. The thing that really makes me pause, besides that it's a GM, is the poor storage. Bad underseat storage and no folding back seat.

Flyfish007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Explorer St
The thing that really makes me pause, besides that it's a GM
Agreed. Toyota has lemons just like everyone else but overall I’d rather take my chances with Toyota.

Ranger_5G

First Name
Dood_Bruh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '24 BMW IX Electric
I was thinking of waiting for the hybrid but that looks like the starting price would easily be around $48k+ for OR trim :(. And not even sure if the hybrid really is worth the extra price just to save a few gallons ...........At $50k, may as well cough up and get a pre-owned full size Tundra.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tundra
I got a Linited CrewMax 4x4 with a few port add ons for 57k. The Tacoma I’d like TRD OR 6’ bed 4x4 with Premium package is 54k before any port add ons. Strange world.

TacomaFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tacoma Limited
Even the Frontier has a manual slider on a 50K Pro-4x. Makes no sense. Toyota definitely got that right to add a power slider to the Tacoma. It seems small, but it's a huge deal to me anyway.

tacotac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
It has it. It is tied to the user profile as we as key profile. Now ask how GM forgot to add Homelink to any of their trims for the Colorado/Canyon.
Can you send a link or something? I haven’t seen memory seat mentioned anywhere in the specs, and it’s not in the owner manual either, so I am very surprised you are confident it has memory seats.

tacotac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Where are you seeing a Bison for 60k??

Search in my area (PNW) has cheapest bison at 82k
MSRP at my dealer. Never done a markup. My Toyota dealer same thing.
Only my ford dealer wants a markup for the Raptor.

TacoTanium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a toyota - Maverick on the way
I don't like to think of it as you get more for your money not buying Toyota, because I like to factor in shop time. The thousands of dollars I've spent over the years having Chevy's, Ford's, and even Mazda's in shops is almost sickening. I have yet to put any one of my Toyota's in a shop for repair, just oil changes for receipts. I like to think that the higher price tag reflects reliability. Toyota's never let me down, and as much as it sucks to dish out that extra couple grand, I know I'll be well taken care of when it comes to reliability.

That said, brand new generation, practically brand new truck, it's going to be new waters to test, only time will tell but I hope Toyota will carry on that legacy of reliability and any issues they had on the 23 Tundras they took into consideration when building these 4th gen Tacoma's.
For long term, agree. There's also many Fords out there with 300k+ miles (with normal regular maintenance too), but having to spend an extra 18k on a Taco 4G to match the features on a Maverick (engine spec isn't too crazy different) isn't ideal. For example even if the future Stout comes out comparing the same class here, I probably would need to spend an extra 10k to match the features of a Maverick......going by the packages into today's new Toyota....but we will see.

Reliability for the new Tundra doesn't look so hot either.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
For long term, agree. There's also many Fords out there with 300k+ miles (with normal regular maintenance too), but having to spend an extra 18k on a Taco 4G to match the features on a Maverick (engine spec isn't too crazy different) isn't ideal. For example even if the future Stout comes out comparing the same class here, I probably would need to spend an extra 10k to match the features of a Maverick......going by the packages into today's new Toyota....but we will see.

Reliability for the new Tundra doesn't look so hot either.
The last thing I'd compare a Toyota to is a Maverick in all fairness lol. Damn things as close to an El Camino as you can get, Ranger sure.

I can't speak for Ford trucks as I've never owned personally but I have many family and friends with Ford F150s of various years and they've been nothing but money pits for them. One guy has a King Ranch and won't even tow a 3500lbs camper with it because he's convinced he'll blow a piston into orbit lol.

To each their own, but I'd choose to overpay on a Toyota anyday before you'd catch me in a Ford, Chevy, and especially Dodge dealership.

The only time I've ever had someone close to me complain about a Toyota truck was one dude who had a cheap lift installed unprofessionally. He was constantly blowing CVs, replacing wheel bearings, you name it. But the shops always blamed the cheap, incomplete lift.

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I’m between a limited Tacoma and a mid trim Land Cruiser, but up in Canada I’m thinking 62-65k for the limited with the land cruiser likely into the 70s.
Thanks for making me feel a little better at the numbers I’m guessing with too For the same models. That seems to be a competitive price for the Taco. & while the Land Cruiser could go as high as they think they can if they want it to be a more niche vehicle than the upcoming 4 runner, still, they can only go so high before they start running into GX territory (another Toyota I want to take a long look at).

Subwire

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Offroad
This is what i'm going for,at first wanted the premium edition but this will work just fine.

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Build and Price Configurator Now Live! - Post Up Your Builds!! Screenshot 2023-12-15 112631
Sponsored