Vehicle(s)
2022 Acura MDX
Looks like half is new content, the other half of the video is 6 months old

evorunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 prius, 2016 tacoma trd sport
really good to hear from the engineer about the engine. would love to hear and see about service ability. after seeing the current rangers oil filter placement I'm really interested in where the oil filter is now lol. I wanna see where the oil filter is., how easy it is to swap the fluids(trans, coolant).

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
really good to hear from the engineer about the engine. would love to hear and see about service ability. after seeing the current rangers oil filter placement I'm really interested in where the oil filter is now lol. I wanna see where the oil filter is., how easy it is to swap the fluids(trans, coolant).
Dude, the oil filter is Right There!

Tom59

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Tundra ISE, 2012 CT200h, 2015 NX 200t
On my NX it is under the engine ( filter) and the oil fills/stick are up top. Takes me 15 minutes tops. Most of that is waiting for the old oil to drain out. Not sure with skid plates if they need removing but probably.

Radiganp

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G70
33 seconds in you can see it right up front.

kbreese72

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 5.0 SCrew 4x4
Mr. Brown seems to get slightly nervous whenever he talks about longevity & reliability.

Hopefully that's simply a result of him knowing the magnitude of that topic for Toyota customers, and not indicative of something negative.

TacomaFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tacoma Limited
Mr. Brown seems to get slightly nervous whenever he talks about longevity & reliability.

Hopefully that's simply a result of him knowing the magnitude of that topic for Toyota customers, and not indicative of something negative.
Not sure what to make of this if he was nervous about it. I am a huge fan of new technology and in theory, liked the idea of the new 4 cylinder, but I just bought a new 2023 Limited and part of my decision was the tried and true bullet proof V6. I hope I made the right decision.

kbreese72

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 5.0 SCrew 4x4
Not sure what to make of this if he was nervous about it. I am a huge fan of new technology and in theory, liked the idea of the new 4 cylinder, but I just bought a new 2023 Limited and part of my decision was the tried and true bullet proof V6. I hope I made the right decision.
Performance and efficiency aside, you definitely can't go wrong with that old V6. But, personally, I don't see any reason why this new turbo-4 hybrid setup can't also be very reliable.

As has been stated, Toyota is no stranger to turbo-4's or hybrids at this point. So the technology is borderline proven as opposed to "new." And it seems they did a great job with R&D, choosing durable components, and torture testing.

That said, it's still an all new truck and the possibility for some quirks to be worked out is definitely there, and if we are using the new Tundra as an example, its very likely. Hopefully they learned some lessons from that and the new Taco comes out more problem free. Time will tell.

TacomaFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tacoma Limited
My dealer told me they have two new Tundras with engine failure that have been sitting there for 8 months waiting for parts. That sort of made me glad I chose the V6 Tacoma. I can't imagine being the owners of those Tundras and how upset they must be.

kbreese72

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 5.0 SCrew 4x4
My dealer told me they have two new Tundras with engine failure that have been sitting there for 8 months waiting for parts. That sort of made me glad I chose the V6 Tacoma. I can't imagine being the owners of those Tundras and how upset they must be.
Ooph. That's terrible. But if owners have been given nice loaners, they'll actually make out on the deal. Saving 8+ months of mileage, maintenance, and wear and tear on a free loaner instead of your own vehicle.

kallsop

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rav4 Hybrid
On my NX it is under the engine ( filter) and the oil fills/stick are up top. Takes me 15 minutes tops. Most of that is waiting for the old oil to drain out. Not sure with skid plates if they need removing but probably.
It would be nicer to copy Subaru and have the oil filter on top. Install a Fumoto valve underside. Oil change on our Forester takes 5 minutes and is easy peasy.

Jstryker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 24
Use a vacuum pump extractor.
Sponsored