Sponsored

b_v_a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma Limited Nightshade
Added my info. Put my deposit down last may. Planning on a Black Pro, but we’ll see how pricing looks and I may pivot to a Sport.
Sponsored

GTOJUDGE

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'88 4Runner, '70 GTO Judge,'05 GTO, '21 Charger
That's how I did except they didn't fill out a form. My Dealer is small, they know what I want. The TRD OFF ROAD premium is hard to come by. Most are sold before delivery to the Dealer.
I'm still not sure how this really works. I went to the dealership and told the salesman what I wanted ideally in the truck. He filled out a Order Preference And Deposit Form that I signed. Then I put down the $1000 deposit. They said they would look through the system over time and when they see something similar to what I wanted they would try to get it to the dealership. If it came in and I was not satisfied with the exact specs (options?) I would not be committed to it and could wait until they could find the truck I wanted. That's the best I understood it. This way of getting a new vehicle is new to me and I am still a bit confused. I never thought I ordered a truck. They just said they would try to find what I wanted in the system present or future and it could take months. I'm in no hurry and would actually like to take delivery in the summer or maybe Fall. I'm here to learn more.
I just reread my post and should not have used the word "ordered". Wish list would be more accurate. Sorry for the confusion.
Am in the same boat as you. I've ordered vehicles from other manufacturers in the past and it was an "order." My name was affixed to the vehicle from start to finish. Toyota? What an asinine way to treat customers who want what they want. They don't place an order, they place a build. A dealer gets what Toyota sends them, dealer politely expects you to take what is sent. You may not get what you wanted. We can try and do dealer trades but we have no control of what Toyota sends us, I am told. I asked the dealer can you request my build? Nope. You may get what you want with extras on it or a package is different. Or the color is different. Want a 6' bed? You may want to consider a 5'. I'm told you may have to give and take. Bullshit. I want what I want. My dealer is not motivated, they act it when talking to them, but they're not. Their hands are tied. They get what they get which is base trucks with little options. I call it bait and switch. You 'order' what you want, then you learn wellllllllllll, we can't get it so they try and switch you to something to settle on. I don't want to settle on someting, I want what I ordered. Supersonic Red, AT, Black softex interor, full premium package, 6' bed, running boards, and mud flaps. Not an SR, SR5 or other. I don't do the bait and switch.

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
I put down a $500 deposit on a Trailhunter on August 19, 2023. I just got call a few minutes ago saying I have a build date of May 14!

Got me a VIN and everything. I'm still trying to decode it to make sure I know if it's a 5 or 6 ft bed. The details he sent me mentioned an "inside bed length of 60.3" so I'm guessing it's the short boi. I suppose there are advantages and disadvantages to either one of those choices. I'm not gonna be picky about that.

Now, the crappy part:
  • One factory-installed option: mud guards ($60)
  • Several port-installed options: spray-on bedliner ($575), door edge guards ($155), door scuff protectors ($135), tailgate insert ($99), spare tire lock ($75), ball mount ($70)
  • No dealer-installed options
Kinda pissed at the door edge/scuff protectors and the tailgate insert, but the others I can definitely live with and considered getting anyway.

I'm guessing barring any unforeseen events, I should have delivery some time in mid to late June?

OMG OMG OMG

[EDIT] I missed the line under "Exterior" on the right side where it literally says "5-ft. bed" :rolleyes:

Last edited:

broadadventures

First Name
Kerri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe
Added my order to the list - told I would receive a VIN and build date in May 2024 after putting deposit December 2023

Thomasr1950

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Tacoma
I have a ice cap w/Premium pkg trd off road auto 5ft bed. My Dealer only has a temp vin. They said the RR was having issues with the train cars, that's slowing down deliveries and lack of people willing to work.

SaltySam

First Name
Samuel Ferrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma off-road and 2023 civic type r
Put my deposit for my trailhunter waiting for it to finish getting built! Super excited 😁

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Tacoma Off-Road; 2018 Audi S5 tuned
Put my deposit for my trailhunter waiting for it to finish getting built! Super excited 😁
Sweet congrats! Don’t forget to mark it down on the waitlist if you haven’t already. I am also waiting on my TH and super excited! Put the deposit down last June so long time coming haha. Stay tuned for next Tuesday when all the press stuff drops (cost, mpg, reviews, etc).

rchrds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Tacoma TRD
Added my waitlist entry- went back after 6 months to confirm this week, when I saw they had a white, lifted 2024 TRD sitting out front of the dealership. Surprisingly, my name was still on the list, as a very early person. Was told when the prices and allocations come out they'll call me for a deposit.

SaltySam

First Name
Samuel Ferrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma off-road and 2023 civic type r
Sweet congrats! Don’t forget to mark it down on the waitlist if you haven’t already. I am also waiting on my TH and super excited! Put the deposit down last June so long time coming haha. Stay tuned for next Tuesday when all the press stuff drops (cost, mpg, reviews, etc).
No kidding curious how much they're going to cost between the TH and Pro. Mpg I assume minimal but more for power efficiency. I wonder how long it will take to ship after being built?
Sponsored