Sponsored

paradizecityz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tundra
I saw that you put at deposit for your truck at Toyota of Katy. I'm from Houston and I put my deposit with Sterling McCall Toyota. Did you get your truck yet?
I haven't. It was on QC hold but it's been released, should be here any day now but also Don McGill Toyota called me today and said they are getting a bunch in any day now so I'm just seeing who gets one first since my depost is refundable.

WeirdMagic

First Name
R-Dub
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAM Bighorn
Originally "the manager" said $3000 markup, I said the new MSRP's were already at the top of my budget and I could walk across the street and order a Canyon Denali for $6K less (which is true with my GM Card rewards) AND get exactly what I want on the truck instead of whatever Toyota wants to build for me. Oddly enough that got rid of the dealer markup, and I put down a $500 deposit at Corwin Toyota in Fargo.

Tikkaman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ranger FX4 Off Road
Just submitted Deposits form. Put down deposit on 2/26/24 and added a couple of options on 3/06.. TRD Off Road w/ OR upgrade and multimedia pkg. Bronze Oxide. Long bed. First Tacoma and very excited. I have no clue when or if it will come in with my specs. ordered. I'm in no hurry to get the truck so I'll be patient.

Thomasr1950

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Tacoma
Just submitted Deposits form. Put down deposit on 2/26/24 and added a couple of options on 3/06.. TRD Off Road w/ OR upgrade and multimedia pkg. Bronze Oxide. Long bed. First Tacoma and very excited. I have no clue when or if it will come in with my specs. ordered. I'm in no hurry to get the truck so I'll be patient.
How were you able to order your Tacoma? Toyota says they can't be ordered, Dealers get what is shipped the way they are equipped. I've been waiting since at least December. My Dealer has yet to receive the build I want. They have requested what I want, so far nothing has been shipped like I want. So how were you able to order what you want?

Tikkaman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ranger FX4 Off Road
I'm still not sure how this really works. I went to the dealership and told the salesman what I wanted ideally in the truck. He filled out a Order Preference And Deposit Form that I signed. Then I put down the $1000 deposit. They said they would look through the system over time and when they see something similar to what I wanted they would try to get it to the dealership. If it came in and I was not satisfied with the exact specs (options?) I would not be committed to it and could wait until they could find the truck I wanted. That's the best I understood it. This way of getting a new vehicle is new to me and I am still a bit confused. I never thought I ordered a truck. They just said they would try to find what I wanted in the system present or future and it could take months. I'm in no hurry and would actually like to take delivery in the summer or maybe Fall. I'm here to learn more.
I just reread my post and should not have used the word "ordered". Wish list would be more accurate. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

Thomasr1950

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Tacoma
I'm still not sure how this really works. I went to the dealership and told the salesman what I wanted ideally in the truck. He filled out a Order Preference And Deposit Form that I signed. Then I put down the $1000 deposit. They said they would look through the system over time and when they see something similar to what I wanted they would try to get it to the dealership. If it came in and I was not satisfied with the exact specs (options?) I would not be committed to it and could wait until they could find the truck I wanted. That's the best I understood it. This way of getting a new vehicle is new to me and I am still a bit confused. I never thought I ordered a truck. They just said they would try to find what I wanted in the system present or future and it could take months. I'm in no hurry and would actually like to take delivery in the summer or maybe Fall. I'm here to learn more.
I just reread my post and should not have used the word "ordered". Wish list would be more accurate. Sorry for the confusion.
That's how I did except they didn't fill out a form. My Dealer is small, they know what I want. The TRD OFF ROAD premium is hard to come by. Most are sold before delivery to the Dealer.

MarveCarve

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T
waiting for my tacoma to arrive and i submitted the form

jmarion713

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2001 Ford Ranger xlt
Welcome to the Tacoma4G Deposits | Waitlist | Reservations List! We're kicking things off days ahead of the 2024 Toyota Tacoma debut.

1. Fill out the Deposits| Waitlist | Reservations Submission Form
2. Post a reply in this thread to let us know.
3. Once your submission is approved it will show up in the list.
4. View STATS for all user submissions below.
5. Use the Change Request Form for any changes to your order info.
6. Share this thread with others!

$500 deposit on SR 4 door supersonic red 2/24/24 allocated. Told expected delivery early April

GTOJUDGE

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'88 4Runner, '70 GTO Judge,'05 GTO, '21 Charger
How were you able to order your Tacoma? Toyota says they can't be ordered, Dealers get what is shipped the way they are equipped. I've been waiting since at least December. My Dealer has yet to receive the build I want. They have requested what I want, so far nothing has been shipped like I want. So how were you able to order what you want?
Same here. Dealer has no clue if I will even get what I "ordered" Supersonic Red Off Road with the premium package / 6' bed. I am told they're not producing many 6' beds and not many in that color. I then added Blue Crush to the equation. Either or. I put $500 down on it in mid December. I called 2 other local Toyota Dealers thinking I can get on a wait list with them. Nope. Both tell me Toyota sends trucks to a 5 state region at Toyota's discretion. The truck I want may go to another dealer. WTF? So now what? Same answer wait and hope. What a convoluted way of treating paying customers. I Keep looking at the dealer's inventory. All Toyota is sending are base trucks SR's with no options. Some with options are low based options. Trucks people want are not in the pipeline. I called Toyota Customer Service. They do not want to hear from customers waiting on trucks. I am told to check with my dealer. I told the person, my dealer knows nothing, they call and inquire and you tell them nothing. They are clueless and you are of no help. 3 months I have been waiting and not a truck I want even in sight. So, I am on a wait list with quite a few people ahead of me. I doubt the truck I desire will ever be shipped to my area.

oxi

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport 6MT
Same here. Dealer has no clue if I will even get what I "ordered" Supersonic Red Off Road with the premium package / 6' bed. I am told they're not producing many 6' beds and not many in that color. I then added Blue Crush to the equation. Either or. I put $500 down on it in mid December. I called 2 other local Toyota Dealers thinking I can get on a wait list with them. Nope. Both tell me Toyota sends trucks to a 5 state region at Toyota's discretion. The truck I want may go to another dealer. WTF? So now what? Same answer wait and hope. What a convoluted way of treating paying customers. I Keep looking at the dealer's inventory. All Toyota is sending are base trucks SR's with no options. Some with options are low based options. Trucks people want are not in the pipeline. I called Toyota Customer Service. They do not want to hear from customers waiting on trucks. I am told to check with my dealer. I told the person, my dealer knows nothing, they call and inquire and you tell them nothing. They are clueless and you are of no help. 3 months I have been waiting and not a truck I want even in sight. So, I am on a wait list with quite a few people ahead of me. I doubt the truck I desire will ever be shipped to my area.

Use the allocation spreadsheet and search for one.

Back on 12/15 I went to my local dealer after the configurator went live and built the blue crush metallic Tacoma 6MT that I wanted and put down $500 deposit. After 2 months, nothing.

When I first saw the allocation list, I found two 6MT blue crushers at other dealers and told my sales guy to call and ask for a dealer trade to no avail.

Then I went shopping on my own, found a bronze oxide 6MT with similar options in Michigan, called the sales guy to see if it was available and placed a $100 deposit on it. I cancelled my configured Tacoma at my local dealer. Mine was built on 3/6 and has arrived in Ilinois via rail waiting for off load and onto a truck for delivery to Michigan.

Not one 6MT TRD Sport is coming to any Wisconsin dealership thus far. So I was lucky to find one next door in a color I now seek.

Use the allocation sheet and start shopping. Stay 1 step ahead of any sales guy and go onto the dealer website to verify the truck is in their system and not pre-sold. I even had tracking on the rail car via the railroads to see the progress of its movement. Sales guy has that too, but I like to get the railroad version likewise. I even know the exact lift and date my truck is supposed to be unloaded off the rail car in Ilinois.

Put some elbow grease in and you will get what you seek.

GTOJUDGE

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'88 4Runner, '70 GTO Judge,'05 GTO, '21 Charger
I have been looking very useful tool found a couple outside my area all but 1 is sale pending. Trying on the other direct and with my dealer to work a trade.

Last edited:
Reactions: oxi

Wansen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA
Really want a PreRunner but was told that not one will be shipped to Hawaii so had to settle for the 2-door SR5.

Was told nothing will be available before mid July.
Sponsored