Sponsored

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
Hey everyone, this is my first post, and I have a few questions for you (coming from the Ford Bronco experience). I will apologize in advance for not knowing/understanding the Toyota allocation and purchasing process.

1. I talked to my local Toyota dealer, they are not taking reservations for the 2024 Tacoma. Should I reach out to other dealers in Ohio?
2. Are deposits/reservations/waitlists parameters dependent on the dealer (i.e., no official reservation system from Toyota)?
3. Are deposits/reservations/waitlists typically for certain trim levels? If so which ones?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
1. I would check around. Some are and some arn't. There isn't an order process, it's just allotment and if what you want comes available the dealer tells you and you can decide.
2. dealer dependant
3. I think it's for anything, some will be easier to get than others based on allotment
Sponsored

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Hey everyone, this is my first post, and I have a few questions for you (coming from the Ford Bronco experience). I will apologize in advance for not knowing/understanding the Toyota allocation and purchasing process.

1. I talked to my local Toyota dealer, they are not taking reservations for the 2024 Tacoma. Should I reach out to other dealers in Ohio?
2. Are deposits/reservations/waitlists parameters dependent on the dealer (i.e., no official reservation system from Toyota)?
3. Are deposits/reservations/waitlists typically for certain trim levels? If so which ones?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Some dealers ain't accepting reservations for whatever reason. Definitely contact other dealers. Reservations are dealer specific and they're for all trim levels.

For example, I'm #2 in line for the new Tacoma but #1 in line for the trim I want.

Not sure why some dealers are opting out of this, if anything it helps them figure out what allocation to say they need, risking the loss of sales in my opinion

baconator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Thanks for the replies. I'm gonna check with a few of the closest dealers and see what my options are.

CamryTRD.NE

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Camry TRD
Put a $1,000 deposit down for any manual TRD Sport or Off-road on 6/20/23 at Corwin Toyota of Bellevue. Trading in the 2023 Camry TRD.

Campbech

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks
Any dealerships in Columbus Ohio have a waitlist?

andrewchrist

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 MX5 Club 6-MT
Put a $500 deposit on a TRD Off Road with iForceMAX at Mountain States Toyota in Denver Colorado. Deposits are now $1500 but I was offered $500 by mistake which was honored after discussion. I expect to wait awhile longer for the hybrid but I'm in no rush.

I may trade in my 21 MX5 but only if I can find an NA/NB to replace it with for a reasonable price.

Moundman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Malibu (a beater!)
Welp I'm #1 on the list for a Trailhunter a Hendrick of Concord in NC. Not expecting it until late spring probably. Excited and looking forward to learning from all ya Taco vets.

luzixiao1996

First Name
zixiao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macans
$500 refundable deposit(Boston), currently 6 ppl in front of me on the list, but none of them have decided on the actual trim. I was the only one on the list that wants a Pro. My sales guy told me the allocation should be out this December, so hopefully that's true: )

Subwire

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Offroad
How come I see people post that they put a deposit down for waitlists then when I call or text the dealer they tell me they are not doing waitlists?

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How come I see people post that they put a deposit down for waitlists then when I call or text the dealer they tell me they are not doing waitlists?
I think it just all depends on the dealer and what they want to do. Maybe try another dealer

Subwire

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Offroad
I think it just all depends on the dealer and what they want to do. Maybe try another dealer
I see people posting it on the spreadsheet and then I call and they don’t have a clue what I’m talking about.

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see people posting it on the spreadsheet and then I call and they don’t have a clue what I’m talking about.
same dealers? That's weird, but I rarley find a sales person that has a lot of knowledge (it bugs me when they tell me something I know is not accurate....they just don't know their product)

If it was the same dealer as some on the list I would call back again and see if you get someone who actually knows

Subwire

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Offroad
same dealers? That's weird, but I rarley find a sales person that has a lot of knowledge (it bugs me when they tell me something I know is not accurate....they just don't know their product)

If it was the same dealer as some on the list I would call back again and see if you get someone who actually knows
The “sales manager” emailed me and I replied asking about it again but havnt heard back so we’ll see.
Sponsored