Sponsored

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
Hi All,

Sat down with my dealer to look over the packages today. Unfortunately no details on the hybrids yet. For Canada, Double Cab is the only cab available. As such, all of the information below is limited to the Double Cab gas models on the Canadian Market.

SR5: Available only with 6' bed, no option packages. Unclear on transmission options, but I think it's auto-only.

Sport Configurations:
6' Bed, Base (Unclear on trans options)
6' Bed, Sport+ (Unclear on trans options)
6' Bed, Sport Premium (Unclear on trans options)
5' Bed, Sport+ 6MT

Off-Road Configurations:
5' Bed, Base, 6MT
5' Bed, Premium, 8AT

The Off-Road Premium package options appear to perfectly mirror the Sport Premium options shown here.

Interestingly, toyota.ca indicates that the Limited will be available as a gas model in Canada, but I saw zero information on the sheets to suggest that, so I suspect it will be hybrid-only like the US market.

As far as schedule, the gas models have the following timeline [subject to change]:
Order Sheets: October (they're early!)
Pricing: December
Earliest Deliveries: February
For hybrids, everything is 4 months later.

WAY more info in https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/thre...trim-packaging-details-canada.1522/post-23948.
Sponsored

Last edited:

WIdirtfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150, ?2024 Tacoma?
Hi All,

Sat down with my dealer to look over the packages today. Unfortunately no details on the hybrids yet, and I didn't see the pages for the XtraCab. As such, all of the information below is limited to the Double Cab gas models on the Canadian Market.

SR5: Available only with 6' bed, no option packages. Unclear on transmission options, but I think it's auto-only.

Sport Configurations:
6' Bed, Sport+ (Unclear on trans options)
6' Bed, Sport Premium (Unclear on trans options)
5' Bed, Sport+ 6MT

Off-Road Configurations:
5' Bed, Base, 6MT
5' Bed, Premium, 8AT

The Off-Road Premium package options appear to perfectly mirror the Sport Premium options shown here.

Interestingly, toyota.ca indicates that the Limited will be available as a gas model in Canada, but I saw zero information on the sheets to suggest that, so I suspect it will be hybrid-only like the US market.

As far as schedule, the gas models have the following timeline [subject to change]:
Order Sheets: October (they're early!)
Pricing: December
Earliest Deliveries: February
For hybrids, everything is 4 months later.

If anyone gathers more info on the XtraCab configurations, reply below and I'll try to add it in to this post.
Boo. No HUD for offroad?
Does that mean that “tentatively”, or as it stands now HUD is only for Limited trim?

cuechairo

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(TBD) 2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Boo. No HUD for offroad?
Does that mean that “tentatively”, or as it stands now HUD is only for Limited trim?
Yeah... You would think they would try harder to compete with the GMC Canyon AT4, which comes with a HUD.

WIdirtfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150, ?2024 Tacoma?
Yeah... You would think they would try harder to compete with the GMC Canyon AT4, which comes with a HUD.
My thoughts exactly. Honestly. I may change my trim reservation if limited has some sort of blackout or chrome delete package. I have the 1st Trailhunter reservation but really don’t “need” a TH. I’m more of a creature comforts guy haha but I guess we’ll see what comes as more comes out.

cuechairo

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(TBD) 2024 Tacoma TRD OR
My thoughts exactly. Honestly. I may change my trim reservation if limited has some sort of blackout or chrome delete package. I have the 1st Trailhunter reservation but really don’t “need” a TH. I’m more of a creature comforts guy haha but I guess we’ll see what comes as more comes out.
I'm with you there! I would be down to get a Limited with a blackout package. They offer the "nightshade package" on limited trims of other models, I'm just not sure if they are going to have it year 1 or offer it later.
I for one don't want the TH because I don't want to wait for the hybrid lol.

WIdirtfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150, ?2024 Tacoma?
I'm with you there! I would be down to get a Limited with a blackout package. They offer the "nightshade package" on limited trims of other models, I'm just not sure if they are going to have it year 1 or offer it later.
I for one don't want the TH because I don't want to wait for the hybrid lol.
Yea I get that… I’m gonna wait it out. We’re also getting a dog in October… so honestly I may roll my Tacoma reservation over to a Land Cruiser or 4runner… waiting for the new 4Runner to launch

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Wow thanks for such an awesome detailed write up!

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Is this suggesting the OR 6MT won't have a premium option? I'm confused. I'm dead set on getting a manual but I'll quickly pull out of Toyota as my choice if all I got to choose from is base lol.

OP
OP

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
Is this suggesting the OR 6MT won't have a premium option? I'm confused. I'm dead set on getting a manual but I'll quickly pull out of Toyota as my choice if all I got to choose from is base lol.
That's correct. The Premium has a "clutch cancel delete" line. 6MT is only available with base trim for the OR (at least for Canada).

2chains

First Name
Ruder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
In Alberta also. Was hoping for a Sport 5’ bed and AT, thought we’d see that.

ForestTaco02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Tacoma SR5
Pricing in December? That's frustrating. Is it a good bet to add 1k-2k from 2023 prices to each trim? More?

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
That's correct. The Premium has a "clutch cancel delete" line. 6MT is only available with base trim for the OR (at least for Canada).
That's dissapointing. The JBL audio was the make it or break it for me, plus any tow packages as I have a small camper I'm hoping to tow around this summer. If I can't get those options I'm probably going to pull my reservation immediately. Ill find out today when I head into the dealer, thanks for the reply!

zachroman11

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 LX470, '80 Toyota Pickup, '90 RX-7, '21 MX-5
There's no way that Toyota won't offer a 6MT Premium OR. There's way too much demand for that combo. Right? Right?? Please tell me I'm right. 🙄

OP
OP

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
That's dissapointing. The JBL audio was the make it or break it for me, plus any tow packages as I have a small camper I'm hoping to tow around this summer. If I can't get those options I'm probably going to pull my reservation immediately. Ill find out today when I head into the dealer, thanks for the reply!
If the Sport would work for you, the manual comes with the Sport+ options including JBL and towing. Good luck at your dealer! If you find any additional info while there, lmk and I'll update the post.

JB1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Toyota 4Runner PRO
There's no way that Toyota won't offer a 6MT Premium OR. There's way too much demand for that combo. Right? Right?? Please tell me I'm right. 🙄
That's what I had plans to buy in the USA. If I have to buy an AT to get premium, I'll wait and get a hybrid version.
Sponsored