Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
TRD Jon
There is a trail hunter at the driving event.

some of you need to stop assuming so much based on a 50second clip of 4 YouTubers leaving the parking lot.

also, on the rates… idk if ppl just enjoy being negative but the above rates some of you mention are hilarious and absolutely will not be that high.
TRD Jon was there and he said those trucks will be a later event, or at least cant be published until later on.

EDIT: I saw another media channel that had photos of the I-Force max photos at the same event and said they DID drive them. So I guess we will be seeing that stuff sooner than later.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Problem with Toyota special rates - usually apply to last year vehicles. Also, if you venture out and get from an external source, you loose any offers from Toyota such as Military, Grad, etc.
Do the deal, get your rebates then refi a few weeks later.

paulbdotcom

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma TRD OFFROAD
Good idea. But, at this point, I've decided I'm keeping my 2022 for a few years. I honestly don't love any of the color offerings. I'd also like to see how they do first.

Dtronic

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 sbw 6.7, 2022 BMS S1000R, 2023 Camry se
Still going for the Trd Pro, but concerned about the seat adjustment. Just wish the prices and color would come out.

Ford completely screwed me over on my Bronco order and is not giving any adjustment for 2023 unscheduled orders not fulfilled. A 2024 would be 5K more for the same one I ordered back in March.

I got a 6.5% rate from SETF back in June on my 2023 Camry.

I bet there will not be any special offers for the Tacoma for at least 6 months to a year.

Last edited:

Cavemold

First Name
Cavemold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Still going for the Trd Pro, but concerned about the seat adjustment. Just wish the prices and color would come out.

Ford completely screwed me over on my Bronco order and is not giving any adjustment for 2023 unscheduled orders not fulfilled. A 2024 would be 5K more for the same one I ordered back in March.

I got a 6.5% rate from SETF back in June on my 2023 Camry.

I bet there will not be any special offers for the Tacoma for at least 6 months to a year.
The backseat of pro seems like no go for me. I hope that’s optional thing

Drew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Niro, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I thought those seats were not optional.
That's been the popular understanding, based on how Toyota lists them as a feature, rather than an available feature, but we're still going on too little info to be sure. The potential price leak has some people wondering if some of the features are optional to keep the price down and stay competitive. I suspect we'll know a lot more on the 28th.

Dtronic

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 sbw 6.7, 2022 BMS S1000R, 2023 Camry se
That's been the popular understanding, based on how Toyota lists them as a feature, rather than an available feature, but we're still going on too little info to be sure. The potential price leak has some people wondering if some of the features are optional to keep the price down and stay competitive. I suspect we'll know a lot more on the 28th.
There are a number of automotive u tube channels that have stated the seats are standard. I tend to believe those over 'click bait' channel that posted 'leaked prices' with the friend told me story.
'

Drew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are a number of automotive u tube channels that have stated the seats are standard. I tend to believe those over 'click bait' channel that posted 'leaked prices' with the friend told me story.
'
I am with you. I think the Toyota website would list them as available if they were optional. That said, it's possible that they are optional or that they are standard, but there is a decontenting option to remove them, like there was to remove the extended cab's rear seat on the outgoing version. People believing whichever source they want to believe is probably going to keep up until the details are all released.

I am eager to see the configurator. I don't even want the Pro, but that'll be one of the first things I look at anyway.

bt_okst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Those are also pre-production "beta" seats. They wouldnt develop something that renders the back seats useless! (I hope)
My dealer friend has gone to two toyota events where they saw new product. He flat told me that if I truly needed to haul people in the back seat of my tacoma, the trd pro might not be the way to go due to the new front seats in it. So unfortunately, I think it could be an issue for some. Thinking they made this truck purpose driven and weren't expecting long adult rides in the back seats. Sport truck, not family truck.

bt_okst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
I am with you. I think the Toyota website would list them as available if they were optional. That said, it's possible that they are optional or that they are standard, but there is a decontenting option to remove them, like there was to remove the extended cab's rear seat on the outgoing version. People believing whichever source they want to believe is probably going to keep up until the details are all released.

I am eager to see the configurator. I don't even want the Pro, but that'll be one of the first things I look at anyway.
Only option is black or red interior. Those are the std seats on trd pro.

Drew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only option is black or red interior. Those are the std seats on trd pro.
Cool. No problem for me if there's no option to delete them. I'm probably looking at the Sport or the Limited. Still looking forward to seeing the actual configurator and full reveal of the various ways to option everything.
Until I see that, I'm not going to naysay anyone's theories or assertions all that much. As long as I can get ventilated seats on something below the TH/Pro level, I'm good, and I'm here for all the speculation around everything else.

tacoboutit

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EXL
Do the deal, get your rebates then refi a few weeks later.
Great thing about this vehicle taking its sweet time coming out is I get to save up enough that it won't really matter what interest rate I get. I plan on almost completely paying the truck off right after I sign on the dotted line. Not telling them that, because that will affect the deal that I get, I think.
Sponsored