Sponsored

bubbadeere

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
So you are sure the Limited only comes as hybrid? I think March 2024 for hybrid. If I drive 10,000 miles per year (not likely), and gas model get 20mpg (likely more) and the hybrid gets 30mpg (not likely), that is 500 gallons for gas model and 333 gallons for hybrid, or saving 167 gallons. even at $5 per gallon I only save $665 per year with hybrid, not counting any additional hybrid maintenance cost). It may be the "right" thing to do, but when I have to buy a new battery.... just my opinion.
Sponsored

Drew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Niro, 2002 Chevy Silverado
So you are sure the Limited only comes as hybrid? I think March 2024 for hybrid. If I drive 10,000 miles per year (not likely), and gas model get 20mpg (likely more) and the hybrid gets 30mpg (not likely), that is 500 gallons for gas model and 333 gallons for hybrid, or saving 167 gallons. even at $5 per gallon I only save $665 per year with hybrid, not counting any additional hybrid maintenance cost). It may be the "right" thing to do, but when I have to buy a new battery.... just my opinion.
No, the Limited has the option. It's one of the three that do (TRDOR, TRD Sport are the other two). When I said the top two trims, that's the TRD Pro and Trailhunter, which are both hybrid only.

wy3134

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dakota
ive not done a ton of digging on this hybrid setup yet, but i had forgotten to account for that battery replacement potential. thanks for bringing that up, something else to consider thats a key component to what you go with.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
tbh if mpg is all youā€™re factoring than the hybrid is not the move.

itā€™s tuned for torque not mpg. Smiles per gallon canā€™t be measured.

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Iā€™ve read that the Hybrid system, including the battery, will carry a 100,000 mile warranty

wy3134

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dakota
Iā€™ve read that the Hybrid system, including the battery, will carry a 100,000 mile warranty
was in the original release back in may, about all the research ive done on the hybrid setup though. its a rather beefy warranty that is coming with it.
"Hybrid-related components that require repairs needed to correct defects in materials or workmanship are covered for 8 years/100,000 miles, whichever comes first from original date of first use when sold as new. The hybrid battery is covered for 10 years/150,000 miles, whichever comes first, and is transferable across ownership."

bubbadeere

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
That is good news if correct. It might sway me to accept a hybrid if that is the only way the Limited comes.

Derek S.

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Ranger
I'm hoping that my dealer wasn't just being optimistic... They told me they were expecting to start getting Trailhunters in early spring.

mramseyisu

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
was in the original release back in may, about all the research ive done on the hybrid setup though. its a rather beefy warranty that is coming with it.
"Hybrid-related components that require repairs needed to correct defects in materials or workmanship are covered for 8 years/100,000 miles, whichever comes first from original date of first use when sold as new. The hybrid battery is covered for 10 years/150,000 miles, whichever comes first, and is transferable across ownership."
That's the warranty on my wife's Rav4 hybrid.

Honestly even if you have to replace a battery they're not the lithium ion batteries normally in a Toyota hybrid they're the cheaper NiMH batteries. I'm not sure if I've seen it mentioned anywhere for sure from Toyota what the battery chemistry is going to be for the Tacoma but my guess is it'll be NiMH too because it's the battery they use in the Tundra hybrid as well.

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
That's the warranty on my wife's Rav4 hybrid.

Honestly even if you have to replace a battery they're not the lithium ion batteries normally in a Toyota hybrid they're the cheaper NiMH batteries. I'm not sure if I've seen it mentioned anywhere for sure from Toyota what the battery chemistry is going to be for the Tacoma but my guess is it'll be NiMH too because it's the battery they use in the Tundra hybrid as well.

And by the time they need to be replaced I am sure they will have some better options like maybe a solid state pack that is less than half the size that can be retrofitted.

ToyotaSalesman31707

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra Limited, Taco TRD Pro
The warranty on Toyota Hybrids is 10 years or 150,000 miles. After that, if a cell goes bad in your battery bank, that cell can be replaced without having to replace the whole battery bank.

ToyotaSalesman31707

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra Limited, Taco TRD Pro
We have a customer that bought their 2007 Prius new from us and we've done 100% of the maintenance on it from day 1. The only things it has every had done are brakes, tires, belts and hoses.......after 460,000 miles. All on the same Hybrid system. Don't be afraid of the I-Force MAX. It is as solid a platform as there is. And there is NO maintenance on a Toyota Hybrid system

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
The warranty on Toyota Hybrids is 10 years or 150,000 miles. After that, if a cell goes bad in your battery bank, that cell can be replaced without having to replace the whole battery bank.
I didnt realize this, good to know.

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 Tacoma Limited
That is good news if correct. It might sway me to accept a hybrid if that is the only way the Limited comes.
The Limited will be available in hybrid or non hybrid
Sponsored