Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tacoma4g.com
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Toyota has just announced (see below) that the 2024 Tacoma will go on sale in December 2023. This is consistent with our previous leak indicating that the start of mass production is also in December 2023.

Toyota Motor North America Reports U.S. September and Third Quarter 2023 Sales Results

• Year-to-date electrified vehicle sales including battery, fuel cell, hybrid
and plug-in hybrid top 455,142 representing 27.9 percent of total volume
• 26 electrified vehicle options between both
Toyota and Lexus brands, the most among any automaker
• 2024 Lexus RX plug-in hybrid available in showrooms; all-new 2024 Lexus TX with available hybrid on sale this week; fourth generation 2024 Toyota Tacoma on sale in December

PLANO, Texas (Oct. 3, 2023) – Toyota Motor North America (TMNA) today reported U.S. September 2023 sales of 203,904 vehicles, up 13.9 percent on a volume basis and up 9.5 percent on a daily selling rate (DSR) basis versus September 2022. September 2023 sales of electrified vehicles totaled 64,298, representing 31.5 percent of total monthly sales.

For the third quarter of 2023, TMNA reported U.S. sales of 590,296 vehicles, up 12.2 percent on a volume basis and up 10.8 percent on a DSR basis. Third quarter electrified vehicle sales totaled 184,666, representing 31.3 percent of total year-to-date sales.

Toyota division posted September sales of 177,654 vehicles, up 12.9 percent on a volume basis and up 8.6 percent on a DSR basis. For the third quarter of 2023, Toyota division reported sales of 515,400 vehicles, up 12.4 percent on a volume basis and up 11 percent on a DSR basis.

Lexus division posted September sales of 26,250 vehicles, up 20.9 percent on a volume basis and up 16.2 percent on a DSR basis. For the third quarter of 2023, Lexus division reported sales of 74,896 vehicles, up 10.9 percent on a volume basis and up 9.5 percent on a DSR basis.

“With the introduction of several electrified vehicles including the all-new Toyota Grand Highlander hybrid, Toyota Corolla Cross hybrid, Toyota Prius, and the Lexus RX plug-in hybrid, customers now have 26 Toyota and Lexus electrified vehicle options to choose from, the most among any automaker,” said Jack Hollis, executive vice president, Sales, TMNA. “We anticipate continued strong sales momentum as we close out 2023 as dealer stock improves and key new products like the fourth generation Toyota Tacoma and Lexus TX and TX hybrid hit showroom floors.”

September, Third Quarter and Year-To-Date Highlights

TMNA:
  • September electrified vehicle sales of 64,298, up 81.5 percent; represents 31.5 percent of total sales volume
  • Year-to-date electrified vehicle sales of 455,142, up 20.3 percent; represents 27.9% percent of total sales volume
  • 26 electrified Toyota and Lexus vehicle options available at dealerships
  • Passenger car September sales up 10 percent
  • Truck September sales up 15.7 percent
Toyota Division:
  • Electrified vehicle Sept. sales up 88.2 percent
  • electrified vehicle ratio: 27.9 percent
  • Year to date 2023 electrified vehicle ratio: 3 percent
  • Passenger car Sept. sales up 11.2 percent
  • Prius Sept. sales up 68.7 percent
  • SUV Sept. sales 20.7 percent
  • Venza Sept. sales up 145 percent
  • Best-ever Sept. sales:
    • bZ4X
    • Corolla Cross HEV
    • Corolla HEV
    • Crown
    • Grand Highlander
    • Grand Highlander HEV
    • Sequoia
    • Tundra HEV
  • Best-ever YTD sales:
    • bZ4X
    • Corolla Cross
    • Corolla HEV
    • Mirai
    • Sequoia
    • Tundra HEV
Lexus Division:
  • Electrified vehicle Sept. sales up 84.0 percent
  • electrified vehicle ratio: 28.7 percent
  • Year-to-date electrified vehicle ratio: 27.9 percent
  • IS Sept. sales up 12.9 percent
  • Luxury utility vehicle Sept. sales up 28.6 percent; YTD up 19.9 percent
  • UX June sales up 36.8 percent; YTD up 19.4 percent
  • NX June sales up 64.8 percent; YTD sales up 63.3 percent
  • RX June sales up 8.9 percent; YTD sales up 4 percent
  • LX June sales up 404 percent; YTD sales up 94.7 percent
  • Best-ever Sept. sales:
    • Total vehicles
    • Total utility vehicles
    • Total electrified vehicles
    • IS 500
    • NX HEV
    • NX PHEV
    • Total NX
    • RX HEV
    • RZ
    • RX PHEV
  • Best-ever year-to-date sales:
    • Total electrified vehicles
    • IS 500
    • NX HEV
    • NX PHEV
    • Total NX
    • RX HEV
    • RX PHEV
    • RZ
Note:

HEV = Hybrid Electric Vehicle

PHEV = Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle

FCEV = Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle

BEV = Battery Electric Vehicle
Sponsored

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I’m excited but is no one worried about the lack of either price or mpg?

Mpg isn’t all that unheard of, but has any vehicle ever not had pricing less than 2 months from purchase?

wy3134

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dakota
i was really interested in the new taco, but the feet dragging on pricing and options is losing my interest when theres other 2024 options out there.... cmon toyota lets go with the actual info, this is a nothingburger

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
What’s the hold up on releasing packages and pricing.
I’m excited but is no one worried about the lack of either price or mpg?

Mpg isn’t all that unheard of, but has any vehicle ever not had pricing less than 2 months from purchase?
supply chain, inflation, strong dollar and UAW strike...Toyota likely to wait longer than usual to release pricing, size up competition (or lack thereof from the UAW actions), finalize the litany of trim levels & options on these Tacos.

Apparently the hybrids don't release until later next spring. Something is holding up the higher trim levels, they're more like 6 months out on the waitlist/deposit cohort.

Last edited:

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
supply chain, inflation, strong dollar and UAW strike...Toyota likely to wait longer than usual to release pricing, size up competition (or lack thereof from the UAW actions), finalize the litany of trim levels & options on these Tacos.

Apparently the hybrids don't release until later next spring. Something is holding up the higher trim levels, they're more like 6 months out on the waitlist/deposit cohort.
toyota isn’t unionized

many dealers already have hybrid waitlists so not sure what you mean

nothing is holding the hybrid engine up up. The tundra did the same staggered release schedule. There will be way more nonhybrids built than hybrids. It’s not unheard of to have a ramp up of sorts.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
toyota isn’t unionized

nothing is holding the hybrid engine up up. The tundra did the same staggered release schedule. There will be way more nonhybrids built than hybrids. It’s not unheard of to have a ramp up of sorts.
Exactly. Toyota isn’t unionized so they can command higher pricing power while GM & Ford’s midsize assembly lines are halted. Why release a price now, wait for the strike to expand and force buyers to import makers.

I had heard from others here that the hybrids have some supply chain backlogs. Why stagger and delay your highest margin trims?

when you look at the waitlists, it’s predominantly the TH, OR TRD Pro hybrids. 6 months out, not 2.

Tom59

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Tundra ISE, 2012 CT200h, 2015 NX 200t
I will hold off as long as possible to let early adopters sort out the initial issues. :giggle: I do think they are trying harder to get this right with so many mules out though. -good sign

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Exactly. Toyota isn’t unionized so they can command higher pricing power while GM & Ford’s midsize assembly lines are halted. Why release a price now, wait for the strike to expand and force buyers to import makers.

I had heard from others here that the hybrids have some supply chain backlogs. Why stagger and delay your highest margin trims?

when you look at the waitlists, it’s predominantly the TH, OR TRD Pro hybrids. 6 months out, not 2.
by this logic, Toyota wouldn’t be releasing pricing on any of their new vehicles right now. The strike is not limited to mid sized trucks. Why’d the Land Cruiser price and mpg get unveiled so quickly? Shouldn’t they wait and command a higher pricing point than ford and gm as they have competing suvs?

there’s been no actual evidence of any supply chain issues with the hybrid engines. Feel free to post a link to check out. It’s very common to ramp up a new model year and add packages/engines options in job 2. Look at the 2024 ranger and the 2.7 engine option. Is that constrained? No. Can you option it now? No, not until next spring.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
by this logic, Toyota wouldn’t be releasing pricing on any of their new vehicles right now. The strike is not limited to mid sized trucks. Why’d the Land Cruiser price and mpg get unveiled so quickly? Shouldn’t they wait and command a higher pricing point than ford and gm as they have competing suvs?

there’s been no actual evidence of any supply chain issues with the hybrid engines. Feel free to post a link to check out. It’s very common to ramp up a new model year and add packages/engines options in job 2. Look at the 2024 ranger and the 2.7 engine option. Is that constrained? No. Can you option it now? No, not until next spring.
Good to know. I’m in the dark like you why they haven’t released pricing yet, and it’s not logic just pure speculation as to why. But referring to your first post: am I “worried”? -Nope. I gotta wait +6 months before they even start stamping my rig and I’m locked in on a deposit placed last June. They can take their sweet time with the abacus what do I care, still gonna buy the truck

On the other side of the token if I managed the N.A. sales department at Toyota and we rushed to release a price on the Land Cruiser while the USD ripped 90 bips, dayum I’d be sweating that move.

But hopefully worst case they just want to generate more buzz on the 4g at these expos before releasing figures

Last edited:

mramseyisu

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
toyota isn’t unionized

Toyota isn't unionized but I bet a lot of their suppliers are. I don't work in automotive but a lot of our suppliers who also sell to Detroit are having shutdowns to manage inventory and it's having an impact on getting parts to our line.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
As for the staggering, that could be a ploy to get impatient buyers to buy now, upgrade later. Later being 6 months or as long as 3 yrs. Strategy.

Supply chain issues may be a concern, but toyota has been progressively moving forward to build parts in house so as not to rely on 3rd party vendors as much.
Sponsored