Sponsored

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Agreed… I don’t care about the wait! As long as Toyota doesn’t screw it up! Hopefully they learned from the gen 3 Tundra roll out? I know Toyota will get the Tundra right but they should have done a better job!
Good or bad? Im #1 on my dealerships list for a TRD off road Hybrid. Locked in on Bronze Oxide and will pass up any other color. Hopefully they get the bugs worked out before my color rolls off the truck? Preferably before the start production!

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
MT-Taco, as I understand it, Toyota has the same chief designer for both the Tundra and Tacoma. Let us hope for the best. This is one reason I am considering the new Land Cruiser. However, from the front not very appealing in my opinion.

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
Agreed… I don’t care about the wait! As long as Toyota doesn’t screw it up! Hopefully they learned from the gen 3 Tundra roll out? I know Toyota will get the Tundra right but they should have done a better job!
Good or bad? Im #1 on my dealerships list for a TRD off road Hybrid. Locked in on Bronze Oxide and will pass up any other color. Hopefully they get the bugs worked out before my color rolls off the truck? Preferably before the start production!
I was at a local dealer this week, they had a market adjustment of 20G on a 23 Tundra Pro. That really grinds my gears.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Disappointing. Wish they were made in Japan.
Given all 19 of japans factories just shutdown due to system related issues, no you don't lol. If they're shut down long enough I can see major backlogs starting.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
If the 4th gen Tacos will be built in the Mexico plant, they'll theoretically usurp that whole UAW fiasco strike about to go down in the USA?

bubbadeere

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
According to this official Toyota publication:

2024 Tacoma production begins in December (starting with 2.4L). Hybrid Tacoma production starts April 2024.

2024 Tacoma production.jpg
Does not show the "Limited". Very disappointing.

bubbadeere

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I think it means 15 variants of the 3 models shown. But I hope I am wrong. I cannot get a straight answer out of any dealer.

Drew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Niro, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I think it means 15 variants of the 3 models shown. But I hope I am wrong. I cannot get a straight answer out of any dealer.
That list doesn't have the SR, SR5, PreRunner, or TRD Off-Road, either. 15 variations would match up pretty well with the trims, engines, and transmissions. You have the top two trims with only automatic hybrid. You have 3 trims with hybrid and non-hybrid. Then 3 non-hybrid trims. That's 11. Manual transmission probably gets us the other 4, but maybe the SR cab choices contribute. Whatever the case, I would not be too concerned that they didn't list all the trims. They're all shown on the website and elsewhere.
Sponsored