OP

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
I like the look of the twins also. I think the upcoming Taco looks a bit better, but the twins aren't far behind. I was suprised too, that the MPG was so poor. It's baffling as to why GM allowed the weight to increase so much.

The rear seat comfort in the Ranger may be better than you think. It's pretty good. Granted, I've personally never ridden back there, but I have had adults in the back many times and no ones ever complained, or even made mention of being uncomfortable. Four us took a 5hr trip recently and our friends were fine in the back.
If you're not overly concerned about "off-road" ability, then you should also look at the Honda. I was out of town for 5 months last year and rented nothing but midsize trucks. I had a Ranger, Canyon, Gladiator, Frontier and Ridgeline. The funny thing is; every time I rented, I ordered a Tacoma and that was the only truck I didn't get. :LOL: Honestly, out of the bunch, I was most impressed with the Honda. It had the largest bed, drove the nicest, and had the best storage and usability by far. Granted, it is larger than the rest, but still noticeably smaller than a fullsize and the extra size wasn't apparent when driving or parking.

Edit: I should clarify that if everyone is 6', someone's going to be short on legroom in the Ranger. When we took the 5hr trip, the person behind me was 5'7". I moved my seat ahead an 1" and we were both fine, but I could have left my seat as-is and she still would of been good. The other person was about my size and he sat behind my wife.
I love the idea of the ridgeline but my hangup with it is the center arm rest..... I can't stand those fold down arms. Give me a center console and it would be more of a consideration for me. I'm also not a fan of the lower MPG

Rumor is it's getting a slight update so it might get a second glance when I will hopefully be looking at the end of year.
Sponsored

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I love the idea of the ridgeline but my hangup with it is the center arm rest..... I can't stand those fold down arms. Give me a center console and it would be more of a consideration for me. I'm also not a fan of the lower MPG

Rumor is it's getting a slight update so it might get a second glance when I will hopefully be looking at the end of year.
I forgot about the arm rests. I agree. I didn't like those either. It gave the interior a "cheap" feeling.
For hauling stuff though, the truck was awesome. The wheelwells didn't get in the way when hauling plywood and the hidden storage in the box holds a lot of stuff. The swing-away tailgate was nice when reaching in to get stuff from the front of the box. And with the rear seat folded up, I really liked the nice flat floor.

OP
OP

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
I forgot about the arm rests. I agree. I didn't like those either. It gave the interior a "cheap" feeling.
For hauling stuff though, the truck was awesome. The wheelwells didn't get in the way when hauling plywood and the hidden storage in the box holds a lot of stuff. The swing-away tailgate was nice when reaching in to get stuff from the front of the box. And with the rear seat folded up, I really liked the nice flat floor.
I have looked in the past hoping to find an aftermarket console that could be used but have not found anything. Other wise yes, I think the whole bed on it is very well thought out, and love the underbed storage. It is perfect for someone like me.... occasional hauling... but the armrests are a deal killer. If those weren't there I might be willing to suffer with the MPG a bit.