Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tacoma4g.com
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Toyota has just announced that the 2024 Toyota Tacoma will be revealed on Friday, May 19, 2023! In addition, the company has released four silhouette teaser images showing the different body styles/configurations that will be offered.

Based on images, the next-gen Taco will offer an extended cab, a crew cab, as well as short and long wheelbases. One silhouette teases the low-profile roof rack and prominent sport bar that will be featured on the new Trailhunter model.

The outgoing Tacoma generation is available with an extended (a.k.a. Access) cab and a six-foot cargo bed as well as a crew (a.k.a. Double) cab with either a five- or six-foot bed.

The new teaser images reveal that the 2024 Toyota Tacoma will be offered in two cab styles and two bed lengths forming some combination of short and long wheelbases. The background colors of the images also likely preview several of the available exterior paint options that will be offered when the 920B Tacoma ordering begins.

EXTENDED CAB (A.K.A. ACCESS CAB) WITH LONG BED:
2024 Tacoma Official: 2024 Toyota Tacoma Debuts May 19 + New Silhouette Teasers Confirm Different Cab & Wheelbase Configurations 2024-toyota-tacoma-new-teaser-image

CREW CAB (A.K.A. DOUBLE CAB) WITH SHORT BED:
2024 Tacoma Official: 2024 Toyota Tacoma Debuts May 19 + New Silhouette Teasers Confirm Different Cab & Wheelbase Configurations 2024-toyota-tacoma-new-teaser-image2

TRD PRO:
2024 Tacoma Official: 2024 Toyota Tacoma Debuts May 19 + New Silhouette Teasers Confirm Different Cab & Wheelbase Configurations 2024-toyota-tacoma-new-teaser-image4

TRAILHUNTER:
2024 Tacoma Official: 2024 Toyota Tacoma Debuts May 19 + New Silhouette Teasers Confirm Different Cab & Wheelbase Configurations 2024-toyota-tacoma-new-teaser-image3

GIF:
2024 Tacoma Official: 2024 Toyota Tacoma Debuts May 19 + New Silhouette Teasers Confirm Different Cab & Wheelbase Configurations tweeten-1683213449814

SHORT VS. LONG WHEELBASE:
2024 Tacoma Official: 2024 Toyota Tacoma Debuts May 19 + New Silhouette Teasers Confirm Different Cab & Wheelbase Configurations 2

2024 Tacoma Official: 2024 Toyota Tacoma Debuts May 19 + New Silhouette Teasers Confirm Different Cab & Wheelbase Configurations 3

CREW VS. EXTENDED CAB:
2024 Tacoma Official: 2024 Toyota Tacoma Debuts May 19 + New Silhouette Teasers Confirm Different Cab & Wheelbase Configurations 4
Sponsored

Last edited:

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
Around 2:40 TRD Jon shows some overlays of these comparing sizes. He mentioned there was a gif attached but he wasn't able to get it to work.

I sure hope the cab is bigger inside. Colors probably are part of it also.

Do we think we will get 2 more teasers or no more till the 19th?

ToyTrucker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Finally a date! Dr Carmaker was just a few days off it seems.

A few others things you can spot from the teasers.

Access cab looks to have rear leaf springs --

2024 Tacoma Official: 2024 Toyota Tacoma Debuts May 19 + New Silhouette Teasers Confirm Different Cab & Wheelbase Configurations leafsprings

And there's a hood bump/scoop on the TRD Pro --

2024 Tacoma Official: 2024 Toyota Tacoma Debuts May 19 + New Silhouette Teasers Confirm Different Cab & Wheelbase Configurations 2024-toyota-tacoma-new-teaser-image4-1

OP
OP

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tacoma4g.com
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Around 2:40 TRD Jon shows some overlays of these comparing sizes. He mentioned there was a gif attached but he wasn't able to get it to work.

I sure hope the cab is bigger inside. Colors probably are part of it also.

Do we think we will get 2 more teasers or no more till the 19th?
I've just added the GIF image along with overlay comparison images showing the crew/extended cabs and the short/long wheelbases.

TACOMA4G24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLANK
Yes about time
Finally a date! Dr Carmaker was just a few days off it seems.

leafsprings.jpg

And there's a hood bump/scoop on the TRD Pro --

2024-toyota-tacoma-new-teaser-image4-1.jpg
At least Dr. CarMaker1 wasn't too far off and is in the same week, which is what I believe he was hearing he just said the 16th as that is a Tuesday, like everyone else thought because of the #TacoTuesday.

jmodz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Tacoma RC

leafsprings.jpg
There definitely is some odd stuff going on under the access cab, but I think it’s just bad editing. I’m not sure why Toyota would sell just one model with leaf springs if the frame and wheelbase are exactly the same as the double cab short bed.

Edit: I’m looking at the image again and I do think those are leaf springs. It’s pretty clear now, I can see the shackles and the overload.

Last edited:

Its a TRD thang

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3rd gen tacoma
There definitely is some odd stuff going on under the access cab, but I think it’s just bad editing. I’m not sure why Toyota would sell just one model with leaf springs if the frame and wheelbase are exactly the same as the double cab short bed.

Edit: I’m looking at the image again and I do think those are leaf springs. It’s pretty clear now, I can see the shackles and the overload.
Could be lower control arms ....gladiator has them

Mrknowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Silverado, 14 JKUR

IIRC, the D23 Navara does that- the crew cabs have coils, the extended and single cabs have leaves. Since so many access cab tacomas are simple fleet models, perhaps its a cost concession and commonality with the next Hilux.

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
IIRC, the D23 Navara does that- the crew cabs have coils, the extended and single cabs have leafs. Since so many access cab Tacoma's are simple fleet models, perhaps its a cost concession and commonality with the next Hilux.
I was going to say the same thing. All of the lower end work truck Tacomas may get leaves. That pretty interesting that they are separating them like that, which is what a lot of people want. A cheap truck, or you can spend and get the high end version which actually has way more advantages this time around.

Last edited:

Subwire

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Offroad
I was going to say the same thing. All of the lower end work truck Tacomas may get leaves. That pretty interesting that they are separating them like that, which is what a lot of people want. A cheap truck, or you can spend and get the high end version which actually has way more advantages this time around.
But would they really tease a base level model? I would think they would only tease the high end models.

splat2030

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
It's hard to tell if it's just due to the camera angle and the shadow under the truck, but these silhouettes make it look like the truck has lost significant ground clearance from the current gen Tacoma.

Last edited:

Mrknowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Silverado, 14 JKUR
But would they really tease a base level model? I would think they would only tease the high end models.
They would if that's the only way the Access Cab comes. Asserting that they'll have an extended cab is noteworthy, since the domestics won't.
Sponsored