Sponsored

RAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Prerunner
They would if that's the only way the Access Cab comes. Asserting that they'll have an extended cab is noteworthy, since the domestics won't.
All this is exciting speculation. I've been concerned with all the do-dads and bling Toyota has been teasing that they lost sight of what made me a customer. An efficient, solid, reliable truck.
Sponsored

evorunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 prius, 2016 tacoma trd sport
All this is exciting speculation. I've been concerned with all the do-dads and bling Toyota has been teasing that they lost sight of what made me a customer. An efficient, solid, reliable truck.
I feel you on that. showing a teaser for a stupid Bluetooth speaker had me concerned they focused on gimmicks. but Toyota has proven themselves for a long time on that subject above. I give them more slack then I give ford. before Toyota my family was a Ford family. still have a 69 f250 and a ford tractor working on the farm. but Ford got to greedy and made unreliable pos now sadly. my 2017 ford had the front axel, transmission and rear diff replaced under warranty and in the shop for 6 months. I'm done with fords and look at Toyota for dependability now. at todays prices cars have to last longer with people paying 72 months and some even 84 months...

Reactions: RAZ

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
I'm with you but heres the deal with Toyota. They are notorious for being 5+ years behind on features. Other manufactures use cutting edge tech, which results in problems a lot of the time. Toyota seems to give technology time to become proven, mainstream and reliable before the integrate it. But still, it will still make the vehicle more complicated overall.

RAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Prerunner
I feel you on that. showing a teaser for a stupid Bluetooth speaker had me concerned they focused on gimmicks. but Toyota has proven themselves for a long time on that subject above. I give them more slack then I give ford. before Toyota my family was a Ford family. still have a 69 f250 and a ford tractor working on the farm. but Ford got to greedy and made unreliable pos now sadly. my 2017 ford had the front axel, transmission and rear diff replaced under warranty and in the shop for 6 months. I'm done with fords and look at Toyota for dependability now. at todays prices cars have to last longer with people paying 72 months and some even 84 months...
Nice job keeping the old Fords running. They do the same work as a new one and more importantly you can repair them yourself. Especially in case of the tractor, John Deere has made owning their equipment a world of hurt.

I can excuse manufacturers chasing profit margins with vanity trucks, but I can't excuse them dismissing work trucks. Maybe it is just the expensive trims get all the hype, but the short bed only trend seem to miss the point of owning a truck

Matty_BR

First Name
Matty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC Sierra (AT4)
They would if that's the only way the Access Cab comes. Asserting that they'll have an extended cab is noteworthy, since the domestics won't.
Asserting that they'll have a longer bed option is noteworthy. Ford nor GM have a longer bed option in their new midsize truck offerings (yet anyways). I've been considering making the switch from a full sized truck and need the extra bed space. Maybe I'm the minority but a larger bed is huge selling point.

Mrknowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Silverado, 14 JKUR
Asserting that they'll have a longer bed option is noteworthy. Ford nor GM have a longer bed option in their new midsize truck offerings (yet anyways). I've been considering making the switch from a full sized truck and need the extra bed space. Maybe I'm the minority but a larger bed is huge selling point.
Hopefully Toyota heard the same requests for payload that Ford just answered- A base 4wd Ranger is supposed to have over 1700lb payload.

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Hopefully Toyota heard the same requests for payload that Ford just answered- A base 4wd Ranger is supposed to have over 1700lb payload.
Iā€™m with you there. My buddies 19 Ranger has more payload than most Tundras do. I think thatā€™s what the Trail Hunters purpose is. Iā€™ve heard different media outlets call it a ā€œpack muleā€ variant.
Since itā€™s all after market parts, Iā€™m curious how Toyota is pulling it off.

Luckily we are only a week away from seeing this this. Iā€™ll be cleaning up my camera and gear to go over this thing. Iā€™ll be one of the first to see it in person, I will get a video out as quickly as I can!

I will also be chatting with the engineers about it that night (the 19th)

Anyone who wants to check some of this out Iā€™ll be posting as much as I can.
https://youtube.com/@IndependenceOverland

Mrknowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Silverado, 14 JKUR
Iā€™m with you there. My buddies 19 Ranger has more payload than most Tundras do.
Since itā€™s all after market parts, Iā€™m curious how Toyota is pulling it off.
Some Tundra guys are using high capacity ARB coils from the 300 series. It won't get you ha higher rating, but should handle well right up to the limit. ARB has HD coils for the 150 series Prado, so I expect the same synergy will be possible.

Matty_BR

First Name
Matty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC Sierra (AT4)
Iā€™m with you there. My buddies 19 Ranger has more payload than most Tundras do. I think thatā€™s what the Trail Hunters purpose is. Iā€™ve heard different media outlets call it a ā€œpack muleā€ variant.

Luckily we are only a week away from seeing this this. Iā€™ll be cleaning up my camera and gear to go over this thing. Iā€™ll be one of the first to see it in person, I will get a video out as quickly as I can!

I will also be chatting with the engineers about it that night (the 19th)

Anyone who wants to check some of this out Iā€™ll be posting as much as I can.
https://youtube.com/@IndependenceOverland
Big reason why a lot of guys (myself included) walked away from the Tundra as an option early on. I'm looking forward to seeing if they can pull it off with the Trail Hunter.
Sponsored