Sponsored

2024 TRD Sport vs TRD Offroad - differences?

Thomasr1950

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Tacoma
What are the differences between the two models? I want the automatic with the premium pkgs.
Sponsored

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
Toyota.com will have a lot of information for you but in a nutshell one is more geared for on road use vs off road use. Very slight differences between the 2 with premium packages.

EpicTaco

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang MachE
What are the differences between the two models? I want the automatic with the premium pkgs.
One Major to me is the HOOD SCOOP on the Sport, and not the Off Road. I say it makes the Truck if you like rugged look. The Sport has that shroud under the front bumper but they say it can be removed looks lame and would get banged up on ruff terrain. Also the Off road has the black fender flares and the sport has color matched fender flares. I also think all the off roads have black door handles but not 100% on that.
I love the black accents but that can always be a Mod , I'm going for the Ice Cap Sport!

OP
OP

Thomasr1950

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Tacoma
Im sticking with the OR.

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
Hood scoop (Sport only), wheel/tire differences, suspension (sport vs off-road), locking rear diff (off road only), Multi-Terrain select and Crawl control (off road only). Might be missing a couple minor things.

2TR-FE

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tacoma SR5
If you are serious about wheeling, the off-road is the way to go.

Victory 4x4

BASIC Sponsor
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 TRD Sport
The rear locker is a really smart option if you plan on any off-roading. You can always add it aftermarket later, but seems to be more expensive.

Tacohunter2024

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 Prime → '24 TRD OR or Sport
I had a 2019 TRD Off-Road for 3 years. Loved it; the OR ride is going to be a little rougher ride than the Sport, the tires a little more aggressive. The wheels will be 17" (hybrid gets 18") on Off Road, Sport gets 18". Paint matched fender flares on the Sport, flat black on the OR. Hood scoop on the Sport, not available on OR. OR has crawl control and other Off Road settings. Off Road has the MTM camera package (Premium Package) while the Sport gets the PVM (couple fewer views, but both are great).

Driving to work everyday, I told myself that next time I was getting a Sport. After 3 years too, I still had no idea what crawl control was even for, lol. I never utilized the Off-Road equipment on that truck. I bought it because it was a 4x4, Extra cab, with a 6ft bed (a configuration that is no longer available) and the dealer made a good deal. I also hated how intrusive the Sport hood scoop was while driving. I can't say I've driven a 4th gen, but the new hood scoops dont look as obnoxious.

PNWblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
What everyone else said plus I hear the TRD off road gets the larger brake package and possibly the 9.5" rear diff if you get the manual option. Someone around here has the PDF file that shows all the details, it's one of the reasons why I'm on this forum now :geek:. Oh, and the TRD off road gets the disc sway bar as an option too.

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
I have always thought the Sport comes with stock road tires and the off road with an all terrain tire. The goodyear all terrains on my 2023 off road seemed to have more road noise than the BFG tires on my 24. I like the bilsteins, locker & not sure if the sport has the multi terrain select, crawl control and dowhill assist control

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
They pretty much cost the same, but it seems like you get more bang for your buck with the OR. Honestly, if I could configure my dream Tacoma it would borrow elements from the Sport, Off Road, Limited, Pro and Trailhunter. The Trailhunter comes the closest to having everything I want on one trim.

Tacohunter2024

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 Prime → '24 TRD OR or Sport
They pretty much cost the same, but it seems like you get more bang for your buck with the OR. Honestly, if I could configure my dream Tacoma it would borrow elements from the Sport, Off Road, Limited, Pro and Trailhunter. The Trailhunter comes the closest to having everything I want on one trim.
I'm still deciding between the Sport and the OR, I'm waiting until the hybrid numbers are released before making a final decision. I still want to ask the salesman if the "Black Badge Overlay" package on the Limited would get rid of all the chrome? (doubtful, but they should offer that)

When you price out a OR or Sport with a Premium package, it's the same price as a Limited. However, the Limited adds the retracting running boards, Auto 4x4, AVS suspension, HUD...I really ignore it because of all the chrome, but it's a nice truck.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'm still deciding between the Sport and the OR, I'm waiting until the hybrid numbers are released before making a final decision. I still want to ask the salesman if the "Black Badge Overlay" package on the Limited would get rid of all the chrome? (doubtful, but they should offer that)

When you price out a OR or Sport with a Premium package, it's the same price as a Limited. However, the Limited adds the retracting running boards, Auto 4x4, AVS suspension, HUD...I really ignore it because of all the chrome, but it's a nice truck.
no need to ask your salesman. It doesn’t remove the chrome from the limited

Pogobongo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
My off-roading is some sand, occasionally mud, plenty of snow, but never anything too serious, and so I thought the Sport would meed my needs best. However, the drive modes (and the locker) on the OR make me think it may be a better choice so my wife, who has very limited driving in snow, and indeed myself, will be assisted by the drive modes, especially for the northern Idaho winters. Clearly the drive modes can't compensate for crap driving, but what does the team think on the effectiveness and benefits of the various drive modes on the OR in slippery conditions vs the more road oriented Sport?
Sponsored