Sponsored

chachakelly

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma - TRD Off Road
Drove from California to Arkansas and back for the eclipse (3,485 miles). The truck is very comfortable and fun to drive, on and off road. We drove very conservatively and kept the performance setting on "ECO". Drove at least 85% on highways with almost no traffic. At the end of the trip, fuel economy averaged out to be 20.2 MPG. Very disappointing to say the least. Also disappointing was how often we had to refuel. I drove until the low fuel light came on and took the range down to 9 miles. I was only able to refill 15.2 gallons. Are there really 2.8 more gallons left in the tank? No way to tell.

OP
OP
Planoman

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
Drove from California to Arkansas and back for the eclipse (3,485 miles). The truck is very comfortable and fun to drive, on and off road. We drove very conservatively and kept the performance setting on "ECO". Drove at least 85% on highways with almost no traffic. At the end of the trip, fuel economy averaged out to be 20.2 MPG. Very disappointing to say the least. Also disappointing was how often we had to refuel. I drove until the low fuel light came on and took the range down to 9 miles. I was only able to refill 15.2 gallons. Are there really 2.8 more gallons left in the tank? No way to tell.
I actually got a tad worse mpg on Eco than Normal so I only use normal or sport now. I routinely drive to 350 miles before filling up. The remaining miles go to zero at around 325 for me. Trust me there are 2.5 or so gallons left when the range hits zero miles.

chachakelly

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma - TRD Off Road
I actually got a tad worse mpg on Eco than Normal so I only use normal or sport now. I routinely drive to 350 miles before filling up. The remaining miles go to zero at around 325 for me. Trust me there are 2.5 or so gallons left when the range hits zero miles.
Much appreciated! And good to know!

Sner

First Name
Sner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
I also didn't find the ECO mode provide anything of significance other than having a little green light in the cluster. Tried it over two fill ups, and then used normal - basically same fuel economy in either mode.
Sponsored