Sponsored

April around the corner. Where are Hybrid, TRD Pro and TH?

North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Lexus LX470. 2022 Can Am Commander XT-P Max
Yea being an early July ā€˜23 TH long bed depositor at a smaller dealership in Colorado Iā€™m either getting a crazy early May delivery or January ā€˜24 lol. Iā€™m thinking the OR iForceMax will be the big production start this spring, have a feeling theyā€™ll have a bunch of these sitting on lots, better margins better demand if the MPG is superb. The PRO & TH lines will move slower but I hope Iā€™m wrong!
How is your dealer able to give you estimated delivery dates if they don't have the allocations? I have 2 deposits down and neither dealer has a clue when they will be coming.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
With how the normal trucks have been going, you are in for a long wait past whatever ETA Toyota gives.
thatā€™s a fair assessment but Iā€™m a little more optimistic that N.A. working out kinks on the lower trims whilst learning from HQ build the LC which use a lot of the same components as the Tacoma hybrids

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
How is your dealer able to give you estimated delivery dates if they don't have the allocations? I have 2 deposits down and neither dealer has a clue when they will be coming.
I never said my dealer has any allocations yet. I was purely taking a guess on when I might expect delivery

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
We've known this for many, many months? The only thing that has been said publicly by Toyota was that hybrid production would begin in "spring." And there was never any announcement that pricing and MPG would be released when production started. The pricing of the non-hybrids was released months before they were available (and they are still delayed). There was no reason not to expect it would be announced sometime before production started. No dealer I've talked to has had a clue when Toyota was expected to reveal pricing or MPG, nor the precise release date, although my dealer did tell me not to expect anything before summer/fall. So to claim that it's been broadly known public knowledge that this would all come out in April is a bit of a stretch.

1. We have known the start of production for the hybrids to be April since last summer: https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/thre...rid-tacoma-production-starts-april-2024.1487/

2. No, non-hybrid prices were released in Nov with a Dec start of production date. It wasn't "months". A separate QC hold doesn't change when pricing was announced.

3. The non hybrids are not "still delayed"? The quality control was lifted a couple weeks ago. Did you realize many have bought 4Gs by now? I can go buy one right now that arrived today at my dealer if I want. Not sure what you even mean here.

4. Yes, we have been told the hybrid event will be the same distance from SOP as the non hybrid was for months by people invited to the events.

5. LOL at "none of my dealers know anything". They tend not to? Its 2024. Dealers arent invited to events, youtubers are.

6. I never once claimed it was broadly known knowledge. I simply said we've known for months and Toyota isnt "behind" on anything related to the hybrids because we've known its start of production was April and April started today. How are they behind on hybrids?

7. Refer to @Independence Overland 's above message. They seem to know exactly what I do.

Now you can say you are informed :)

Last edited:

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
TFL said in a video today that they are going to (I think) California for a big TRD Pro and Trailhunter event this month.

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
TFL said in a video today that they are going to (I think) California for a big TRD Pro and Trailhunter event this month.
Its this coming weekend.

@joemysterio It will probably be pushed on the hybrids first, to get people to buy more of them.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Do you know if itā€™s embargoed or can we expect to see reports right away?
Probably is embargoed because they want to control when the videos drop (all at once vs scattered).

id imagine the event is this weekend with the embargo lifted mid week. Anyone remember what day the non hybrid embargo was lifted?

North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably is embargoed because they want to control when the videos drop (all at once vs scattered).

id imagine the event is this weekend with the embargo lifted mid week. Anyone remember what day the non hybrid embargo was lifted?
November 28th is when a bunch of the first drive reviews dropped.

North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now you can say you are informed :)
I think you're missing the point of my post. Your initial post seemed dismissive of anyone who is still curious about the pricing/MPG/release schedule, while you believe they should all know it's always been April. However, there was never any reason to expect MPG and pricing would not come until April along with the release of the hybrids. The Land Cruiser specs came out in advance of the release date, the GX550 specs came out before the release date, etc. It's common to see these kind of details before vehicles are released and on lots. The non-hybrid pricing came out about 2 months before Tacomas really started to hit dealers' lots, which yes, is "months."

Obviously, at this point, yes, it's clear it will all be coming out in April, but "we" didn't know that "months ago." People can be forgiven for wanting to know this information about the truck they put a deposit down on well before having all the specs in order to have a chance at getting one this year.

As far as the release date, yes, the initial announcement was April, but the non-hybrid models--whether or not they are currently delayed--did come out later than initially announced (due to delays in the EPA certification) and there are many posts on this forum by people who have been allocated a truck that was further delayed by a QC hold. So, let's not pretend that the rollout of the non-hybrids went terribly smooth or that it all happened perfectly as advertised. That's why people are unsure what is going on with the hybrids. Also, "April" has been replaced with "spring" on all of the ads I've seen recently (including the Super Bowl ad), and my dealer told me months ago I'd be waiting until at least summer for a Trailhunter to show up. So the whole "April release date" is looking a little less solid IMO.

So, I was never disputing that the pricing, MPG, media drives, and maybe even some initial allocations will be coming this month. I wasn't saying you were wrong about that. I was saying that it was "a bit of a stretch" to claim that "we all knew this all along" and that anyone who is curious should have known this. EVERYONE has had imperfect information about this, and the point of a forum is to ask these kinds of questions. So, you seemingly responding to people mockingly claiming that they should all already know the answer is what I was calling out.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I think you're missing the point of my post. Your initial post seemed dismissive of anyone who is still curious about the pricing/MPG/release schedule, while you believe they should all know it's always been April. However, there was never any reason to expect MPG and pricing would not come until April along with the release of the hybrids. The Land Cruiser specs came out in advance of the release date, the GX550 specs came out before the release date, etc. It's common to see these kind of details before vehicles are released and on lots. The non-hybrid pricing came out about 2 months before Tacomas really started to hit dealers' lots, which yes, is "months."

Obviously, at this point, yes, it's clear it will all be coming out in April, but "we" didn't know that "months ago." People can be forgiven for wanting to know this information about the truck they put a deposit down on well before having all the specs in order to have a chance at getting one this year.

As far as the release date, yes, the initial announcement was April, but the non-hybrid models--whether or not they are currently delayed--did come out later than initially announced (due to delays in the EPA certification) and there are many posts on this forum by people who have been allocated a truck that was further delayed by a QC hold. So, let's not pretend that the rollout of the non-hybrids went terribly smooth or that it all happened perfectly as advertised. That's why people are unsure what is going on with the hybrids. Also, "April" has been replaced with "spring" on all of the ads I've seen recently (including the Super Bowl ad), and my dealer told me months ago I'd be waiting until at least summer for a Trailhunter to show up. So the whole "April release date" is looking a little less solid IMO.

So, I was never disputing that the pricing, MPG, media drives, and maybe even some initial allocations will be coming this month. I wasn't saying you were wrong about that. I was saying that it was "a bit of a stretch" to claim that "we all knew this all along" and that anyone who is curious should have known this. EVERYONE has had imperfect information about this, and the point of a forum is to ask these kinds of questions. So, you seemingly responding to people mockingly claiming that they should all already know the answer is what I was calling out.
I am not even going to take the effort to quote specific things here to refute because you're still saying things that you were misinformed on or refuse to believe from my comment above.

Okay... Maybe just one... Take #2 for example in my comment above. I am very clearly refering to the gap between reviews/pricing and start of production. There was no delay there. I even mention the QC issue that came after which has nothing to do with my comment.

I'm also not sure how you took my original comment as dismissive. "We" was used as a term referring to the community here. "Be patient" isnt exactly rude, is it? lol

Anyway..... ENJOY HYBRID WEEK :)
Sponsored