Sponsored

ToyTrucker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
First look at the 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro in Black at the TX Texas State Fair! Looks amazing!! Also Trailhunter trim in Black.

BLACK TRD PRO

2024 Tacoma First Look: Black 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro. + Trailhunters in Black and Bronze Oxide Short Bed🤩 BLACK 2024 Tacoma TRD PRO 1

2024 Tacoma First Look: Black 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro. + Trailhunters in Black and Bronze Oxide Short Bed🤩 BLACK 2024 Tacoma TRD PRO 2

2024 Tacoma First Look: Black 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro. + Trailhunters in Black and Bronze Oxide Short Bed🤩 BLACK 2024 Tacoma TRD PRO 6

2024 Tacoma First Look: Black 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro. + Trailhunters in Black and Bronze Oxide Short Bed🤩 BLACK 2024 Tacoma TRD PRO 3

2024 Tacoma First Look: Black 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro. + Trailhunters in Black and Bronze Oxide Short Bed🤩 BLACK 2024 Tacoma TRD PRO 4

2024 Tacoma First Look: Black 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro. + Trailhunters in Black and Bronze Oxide Short Bed🤩 BLACK 2024 Tacoma TRD PRO 5

BLACK TRAILHUNTER

2024 Tacoma First Look: Black 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro. + Trailhunters in Black and Bronze Oxide Short Bed🤩 BLACK 2024 Tacoma Trailhunter 4

2024 Tacoma First Look: Black 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro. + Trailhunters in Black and Bronze Oxide Short Bed🤩 BLACK 2024 Tacoma Trailhunter 3

2024 Tacoma First Look: Black 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro. + Trailhunters in Black and Bronze Oxide Short Bed🤩 BLACK 2024 Tacoma Trailhunter 1

2024 Tacoma First Look: Black 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro. + Trailhunters in Black and Bronze Oxide Short Bed🤩 BLACK 2024 Tacoma Trailhunter 2

2024 Tacoma First Look: Black 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro. + Trailhunters in Black and Bronze Oxide Short Bed🤩 383950929_18247492756205066_2939052041447918777_n

BRONZE OXIDE TRAILHUNTER SHORT BED
Sponsored

marvelmadman

First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
former 00 taco sr5. tbd 24 OR or trail hunter
Is this at the TX state fair? The dodge up on the scaffolding looks like promo material for it. If it is, are they allowing people to sit in the Pro or just opening the doors for pictures?

OP
OP
ToyTrucker

ToyTrucker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Is this at the TX state fair? The dodge up on the scaffolding looks like promo material for it. If it is, are they allowing people to sit in the Pro or just opening the doors for pictures?
Yes, go see it!

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Man, that black Pro looks incredible, and I'm a TH guy! That's the only color where the shiny fenders don't annoy me because they blend into the rest of the truck. LOVE IT. If I were getting a Pro, it would be a black one.

As for the Trailhunters shown, I thought I'd like the black, but I'm not a fan for some reason. Maybe because I've only really seen it in bronze oxide. And I don't know about y'all, but that ARB rack looks even weirder and out of place on the short boi than it does on the long boi. No likey.

But clean... that bronze oxide is amazing, short or long bed.

THANKS FOR SHARING!

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
If you go, can you see if you can get some clear shots of that ARB rack and how it connects to the bed? Thanks!

marvelmadman

First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
former 00 taco sr5. tbd 24 OR or trail hunter
If you go, can you see if you can get some clear shots of that ARB rack and how it connects to the bed? Thanks!
It'll be a couple of weeks before I go. The first couple of weeks of the fair can get crazy, especially on Red River weekend. In one of the pics of the black TH it looks like the ARB rack is mounted in the track for the adjustable tie downs. I wonder if the whole thing can just be loosened up and slid right out of the back of the bed on the tracks.

Derek S.

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Ranger
tl;dr - I got in line at the dealership for the Bronze Oxide Trailhunter, but trying to not get my hopes up after dealing with Chevy.

I've got a 1999 Ford Ranger currently (don't hate, I got a deal on it I couldn't pass up) and I've been looking for a new truck for a few years now. Back in January, I had ordered a 2023 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Desert Boss in Harvest Bronze. I was told 4-8 months, they didn't get it officially submitted and approved until April, didn't get assigned a TPW until July (August 28th) which was then pushed back to the beginning of October a couple short weeks before they were supposed to build it. Then came the UAW strike. I was absolutely stoked when I got it ordered and damned near devastated when it kept getting pushed back until it was in limbo because of the strike. I've always liked Tacomas but never saw one that really stood out - until I saw the bronze oxide Trailhunter. I went for it and I'm third in line for a Trailhunter at my dealership. I'm trying not to get my hopes up like I did for the Colorado I'd ordered, but hot damn if that isn't one sexy beast of a truck. I've seen it get a lot of hate elsewhere and I don't get it. Though, I do agree that the ARB rack looks a bit odd on the short bed.

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
In one of the pics of the black TH it looks like the ARB rack is mounted in the track for the adjustable tie downs. I wonder if the whole thing can just be loosened up and slid right out of the back of the bed on the tracks.
That’s what I’m hoping for, assuming you can’t get a TH without it.

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
That’s what I’m hoping for, assuming you can’t get a TH without it.
Pretty positive the racks are optional, but they need to be showing it off with the rest of it to get peoples attention. The extension probably looks a lot better, which is set up for tents and gear.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Pretty positive the racks are optional, but they need to be showing it off with the rest of it to get peoples attention. The extension probably looks a lot better, which is set up for tents and gear.
Like this? What I plan to do. Flows well with roof rack and roof spoiler. And its matching.
2024 Tacoma First Look: Black 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro. + Trailhunters in Black and Bronze Oxide Short Bed🤩 Screenshot_20230914_110623_Chrome
2024 Tacoma First Look: Black 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro. + Trailhunters in Black and Bronze Oxide Short Bed🤩 Screenshot_20230914_110656_Chrome

Kevin Chaos

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2nd generation TRD Off-Road Tacoma
I thought these models were coming with 33” tires. The photo of the TH looks to have a 265/70 r18 (32.6”). I guess rounding up is normal(?). That’s a significant difference.

I love these trucks in black! I’m undecided on what color and model I will get.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I thought these models were coming with 33” tires. The photo of the TH looks to have a 265/70 r18 (32.6”). I guess rounding up is normal(?). That’s a significant difference.

I love these trucks in black! I’m undecided on what color and model I will get.
That is technically a 33", yes they are always rounded up. Even if buying a 33x10.5x18 (example) true size would be anywhere from 32.3-32.8. The difference is not that significant. Every 1" of tire diameter added equates to only 0.5" of hight added.
I would imagine that these new tacos, at least pro/th, will be able to fit 35" without cutting, unlike previous gens.
Sponsored