Sponsored

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
I mean no offense to these guys, but I chatted with these guys at the Expo and they didn't know a whole lot. I asked a lot of questions that were pretty basic and got almost 0 answers. I spoke with both of these guys and they didn't seem to know much at all. I am quite confident I know more about these trucks than they do, not trying to slam them but there were several times it was obvious.

The air dam maybe gives it .4-.5 mpg. Even 2mpg could be believable, but 4-5....
Sponsored

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota, Jeep
That statement is questionable. I’d like to be proven otherwise, but those claims appear to be a bit of a stretch.

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
I mean no offense to these guys, but I chatted with these guys at the Expo and they didn't know a whole lot. I asked a lot of questions that were pretty basic and got almost 0 answers. I spoke with both of these guys and they didn't seem to know much at all. I am quite confident I know more about these trucks than they do, not trying to slam them but there were several times it was obvious.

The air dam maybe gives it .4-.5 mpg. Even 2mpg could be believable, but 4-5....
It always drives me crazy when I know more than the salesperson or rep....

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
I truly hope nobody believes this BS.
I was walking the dog in the neighborhood tonight & spotted a ~'23 gen 3 with an air dam. Makes some sense for long hauls & commutes, any aero advantage will be micro-cumulative, but net cumulative end result. back that out 5-10 years, it's a winner.. on paper.

I always say the best air dam is sitting behind a semi heading out to Moab. -Learned that one from my step mom when we visited family out in Nebraska. Drag coefficients are a real thing, the toyota engineers design a ~$10 part for most* use cases. I'll consider it for sure. But 3rd party testing gonna be interesting....

TacoTanium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a toyota - Maverick on the way
I didn't watch the video yet but did they explain the reasoning that will produce 4-5 mpg more?

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
It always drives me crazy when I know more than the salesperson or rep....
that’s almost everytime for me until the latest sales rep when I bought my sport. He was an encyclopedia. Super helpful.

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
I’ve watched videos on youtube where they figured 0.5 MPG diff

Clockchoke

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 limited, 2022 trd ofroad premium 4runner
I’d guess the sales rep mis stated. If you can gain 4-5 mpg with that air dam they’d be on every vehicle for the last 30 years.
For sure, I took mine off and its noticable, but maybe 1-2 mpg. Fair trade to not have that on front.
Sponsored