Sponsored

saladoloi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota tacoma
I just bought a Toyota Tacoma and installed a K&N cold air intake (recommended as the best cold air intake) and when I started the car, I heard many strange noises. Can anyone with experience give me advice?

Last edited:

Snowjunky24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot
I just bought a Toyota Tacoma and installed a K&N cold air intake (recommended as the best cold air intake) and when I started the car, I heard many strange noises. Can anyone with experience give me advice?
You didn’t pre soak the intake tube. Pull the filter off and spray the water hose down the intake while Someone starts the motor.

Ranger_5G

First Name
Dood_Bruh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '24 BMW IX Electric
Shouldnt he be testing a mid level trim for mpg since most taco owners dont care about mpg, especially the TRD pro?
Not sure what ya mean "mid level"..lol. The OR trim has always been toyota's most popular trim from day one in any gen. TRD PRO is mainly for people that actually do serios off-roading or mall crawler guys who want to show people they drive a off road truck ;). Even when I bought my 2nd gen Taco years ago, the off road trim was hard to find at dealers.

And I'm in California and living with $5/gallon in winter and $7/g in summer so yeah...gas milege is important to me. One of the things I love on my Ranger is I get 21mpg consistently with cheap Costco gas. And so far, it seems the new gen Taco OR will pretty much do the same so I'm happy with that. A friend of mine has the newer Chevy 'Rado and he gets shit gas milege (16-18mpg).

TacoTanium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a toyota - Maverick on the way
Not sure what ya mean "mid level"..lol. The OR trim has always been toyota's most popular trim from day one in any gen. TRD PRO is mainly for people that actually do serios off-roading or mall crawler guys who want to show people they drive a off road truck ;). Even when I bought my 2nd gen Taco years ago, the off road trim was hard to find at dealers.

And I'm in California and living with $5/gallon in winter and $7/g in summer so yeah...gas milege is important to me. One of the things I love on my Ranger is I get 21mpg consistently with cheap Costco gas. And so far, it seems the new gen Taco OR will pretty much do the same so I'm happy with that. A friend of mine has the newer Chevy 'Rado and he gets shit gas milege (16-18mpg).
Just because it's popular doesn't mean mid level, it's just in range of most people's budget....unless thats today's mid level definition, don't know.

There's SR, SR5, TRD PreRunner, TRD Sport, TRD OR, and the Limited. TRD OR is two (or 3) from the top level, that is near the top level trims.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Just because it's popular doesn't mean mid level, it's just in range of most people's budget....unless thats today's mid level definition, don't know.

There's SR, SR5, TRD PreRunner, TRD Sport, TRD OR, and the Limited. TRD OR is two (or 3) from the top level, that is near the top level trims.
Why are you ignoring two higher trims?

The off-road is about as mid tier as you get with an even number of trims (8).

1. it’s the most purchased
2. It’s literally in the middle of price point
3. It’s in middle of the trim lineup

TacoTanium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, the TRD Off Road is a mid-level trim. SR, SR5, TRD PreRunner, TRD Sport, TRD OR, Limited, Trailhunter and TRD Pro.
It doesn't seem to be a mid level trim after comparing all the trims.

Why are you ignoring two higher trims?

The off-road is about as mid tier as you get with an even number of trims (8).

1. it’s the most purchased
2. It’s literally in the middle of price point
3. It’s in middle of the trim lineup
If I was ignoring two higher trims, the OR is the highest trim you can get. I'm just comparing what I see at the website which is 6 trims.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It doesn't seem to be a mid level trim after comparing all the trims.

If I was ignoring two higher trims, the OR is the highest trim you can get. I'm just comparing what I see at the website which is 6 trims.
You are still wrong. If you’re ignoring the highest two trims, the limited is top trim by the way.

again. I laid it out for you.

1.SR
2.SR5
3. Prerunner
4. Trd Sport
5. Trd off road
6. Limited
7. Trailhunter
9. Trd pro

really don’t get how the off road is not the middle of the road whether discussing trim level, cost, OR volume seller.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
physics says you're still beating the Tundra. There's so many dudes driving full size rigs alone in traffic with these couches on wheels. I did however see a family load up to the max at church the other day, so that's cool. Full seating/full-send.

As long as Toyota beats their own full size offering in MPG, life still grinds on....

Last edited:

TacoTanium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are still wrong. If you’re ignoring the highest two trims, the limited is top trim by the way.

1.SR
2.SR5
3. Prerunner
4. Trd Sport
5. Trd off road
6. Limited

really don’t get how the off road is not the middle of the road whether discussing trim level, cost, OR volume seller.
I don't see the trailhunter or trd pro on the website. You skipped 8 by the way.

TacoTanium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

1.SR
2.SR5
3. Prerunner
4. Trd Sport
5. Trd off road
6. Limited
7. Trailhunter
9. Trd pro

It's not the most popular either.
2024 Tacoma 2.4L Turbo 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road (Air Dam Removed!) MPG Fuel Economy Test by Truck King 1705601899998

2024 Tacoma 2.4L Turbo 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road (Air Dam Removed!) MPG Fuel Economy Test by Truck King 1705601926000

2024 Tacoma 2.4L Turbo 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road (Air Dam Removed!) MPG Fuel Economy Test by Truck King 1705602093841

2024 Tacoma 2.4L Turbo 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road (Air Dam Removed!) MPG Fuel Economy Test by Truck King 1705602470232
Sponsored