Sponsored

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Can't believe it took this long to suss out how power management works on the iForceMax Tacomas' bed & rear seat inverters, but there was a surprising nugget of info dropped in XOverland's latest vid. (also posted below). Apparently, 90% of the vid is about a pilot & his test plane and 10% about the Trail Hunter Tacoma)

Anyway, I digress; here's the critical info on the halo truck from that promo: In a nutshell, the engine will kick on to regulate power, like a generator. Ford does it apparently in one or both of their Raptors, cool... This is great for travelers in BFE with extra gas who need that wattage delivered... And not so great [as a potential option] for people at crowded campsites who have curfew or rules on generators or engines running after a set time.

Ideally, the goal of the Trail Hunter is to eliminate propane and utilize the engine as your fuel. So for winter trips, overnighting at a ski area parking lot while it's nuking - this is great news IMO. Here's the transcript as-is by Google:

"15:16
..advantage of that put a 2400-watt inverter and in theory, the engine will kick on and off as it needs to. But our engineer at Toyota said that running full-time for 1 hour would be .762 gallons of fuel if it ran continuously for a whole hour. What? That's all you get? It's all you get? I can smell it; it smells good - smell-a-vision bacon jalapenos little pizza and some college memories mix it up what now when we plug in this High wattage air fryer it's around 1100 WTS the truck will run for 5 minutes and

16:04
then shut off for 5 minutes which allows the smart power system in the trail Hunter to maintain happy voltages hot him oh man dude home run nice you're probably the first person in the world to eat a trail Hunter Tacoma air-fried pizza."

-Pretty cool. Now, for practicality, say your gf or wife is in the tent sleeping and you wake up early to get breakfast/coffee going. You probably need a ~1300Wh power station to pull some duty to keep things quiet.

I'm all about the info delivered cut & dry, esp to depositors. Toyota N.A. has been cagey on details. Pretty lame. Toyota City, Aichi Prefecture, Japan should be rolling heads over here. This b.s. inside baseball is poorly played. They should've been air frying mozzarella sticks at the expos. I'm guessing the OR iForceMax [w/options probably] will have the same power management style.

Sponsored

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
My Prius does the same thing.

Desert4G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
more features = more $$. Now if the configuration will show up I will either still be in the market or no long be interested in one.

OP
OP

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
more features = more $$. Now if the configuration will show up I will either still be in the market or no long be interested in one.
so, if the iForceMax is a ~+$3K on top of the iForce, the OR will be the upper middle-class rung to get killer features sans the lift & the wide stance, wheels & tires, exterior bed scene lighting & Rigid light front setup, skid plates, rock rails etc.. I'd say if you add all the mods at a shop vs buying a TH ready to go, makes me wonder if you're really getting a deal modding an OR iForceMAX pound for pound to achieve TH level features

rideradk

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tacoma SR5
I'm curious how hard it would be to upgrade the 400W inverter on my TRD Off Road (due in mid-May) to something with a little more oomph like the 2400W inverter.

North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Lexus LX470. 2022 Can Am Commander XT-P Max
I'm curious how hard it would be to upgrade the 400W inverter on my TRD Off Road (due in mid-May) to something with a little more oomph like the 2400W inverter.
The 2400W inverter is only available on the hybrids.

AlexT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado ZR2
The 2400w generator mode will be a key feature for the hybrid models, it would be really nice to not have to carry propane on camping trips! I already have a small power bank to keep a 12V fridge running but I have an induction cooktop I would replace my camp stove with if I had the power capacity.

I think the 2 main reasons to get the hybrid will be the extra hp/torque and the big inverter with fuel economy being a distant 3rd. I don't forsee the fuel economy difference fully offsetting the price increase for the hybrid, which I would predict to be closer to $4k.

tacotaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I just want to know if I can use the bed outlet while driving, i.e. keep a bluetti or ecoflow topped off to keep the fridge going. If so, I might be able to avoid using solar in my camper setup

OP
OP

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
The 2400w generator mode will be a key feature for the hybrid models, it would be really nice to not have to carry propane on camping trips! I already have a small power bank to keep a 12V fridge running but I have an induction cooktop I would replace my camp stove with if I had the power capacity.

I think the 2 main reasons to get the hybrid will be the extra hp/torque and the big inverter with fuel economy being a distant 3rd. I don't forsee the fuel economy difference fully offsetting the price increase for the hybrid, which I would predict to be closer to $4k.
Increased payload expected on the hybrids as well.
Sponsored