Sponsored

Manual transmission (iMT2) available on these 2024 Tacoma trims

BigDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma PreRunner (future)
While researching the manual transmission option it wasn't that clear exactly which trims / configurations you can order the manual transmission on, so here's the list:
  • SR (Double Cab only)
  • TRD Sport (Double Cab only)
  • TRD Off-Road (Double Cab only)
And here's some other technicals on it:
  • automatic rev matching
  • anti-stall technology
  • makes 270hp / 310 lb-ft (automatic transmission makes 278 horsepower / 317 lb-ft)

Hope that helps others considering ordering the 6 speed manual
Sponsored

Last edited:

26wx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Will that accumulator be gone from the 3rd gen, or is that a component of the auto rev matching? That accumulator was awful.

Then the question for the MT fans will be this: Assuming you get a trim level that offers the 6MT, is the novelty and scarcity of the MT enough to choose that over the automatic with the iForce MAX engine and those awesome torque/hp numbers? Tough call...

bloominguez

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'94 VFR, '95 Integra, '04 SV, '22 Bronco, '22 5BW
Then the question for the MT fans will be this: Assuming you get a trim level that offers the 6MT, is the novelty and scarcity of the MT enough to choose that over the automatic with the iForce MAX engine and those awesome torque/hp numbers? Tough call...
Yes. Yes it is. Not even remotely close to a tough call for MT zealots (guilty).

It's not about novelty or scarcity, by the way, I don't care about that. It's about driving engagement. Used to be that I could also say the MT was cheaper/more reliable/better mileage. Those advantages are mostly (completely?) gone now--although sometimes MT is cheaper, depending on the vehicle. So now I just say: I want the MT because I prefer it, and that's enough.

And what is this "assuming you get a trim level that offers the 6MT"? As an MT zealot I don't pick a trim level and hope it has a manual. The trim levels with the MT are literally the only ones I see. :)

JTTACO

First Name
JIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEVY COLORADO
While researching the manual transmission option it wasn't that clear exactly which trims / configurations you can order the manual transmission on, so here's the list:
  • SR (Double Cab only)
  • automatic rev matching
  • anti-stall technology
  • makes 270hp / 310 lb-ft (automatic transmission makes 278 horsepower / 317 lb-ft)

So no access cab with manual?.. But a 6ft. bed available with those trims?

SpeedDevil

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Yes. Yes it is. Not even remotely close to a tough call for MT zealots (guilty).

It's not about novelty or scarcity, by the way, I don't care about that. It's about driving engagement. Used to be that I could also say the MT was cheaper/more reliable/better mileage. Those advantages are mostly (completely?) gone now--although sometimes MT is cheaper, depending on the vehicle. So now I just say: I want the MT because I prefer it, and that's enough.

And what is this "assuming you get a trim level that offers the 6MT"? As an MT zealot I don't pick a trim level and hope it has a manual. The trim levels with the MT are literally the only ones I see. :)
I wouldnā€™t have gotten my Bronco if it were automatic only

Id actually consider a prerunner, but lack of manual kills it

also a diesel guy, so cant sell me on hybrid anything

bloominguez

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'94 VFR, '95 Integra, '04 SV, '22 Bronco, '22 5BW
I wouldnā€™t have gotten my Bronco if it were automatic only
Same here, with my Bronco! But one of my kids just started working for Toyota so one of us is going to buy a Tacoma soon (or a 4runner in a year or two). Will be able to compare directly.

SpeedDevil

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Same here, with my Bronco! But one of my kids just started working for Toyota so one of us is going to buy a Tacoma soon (or a 4runner in a year or two). Will be able to compare directly.
My lottery dream car would be a 4runner with Diesel Manual swap

wonder how they compare indeed, loved the 3rd gen Taco from the moment I test drove it

baconator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Does anyone know if the manual be available in both the 5ft and 6ft bed?

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mk 7 Volkswagen GTI
  • SR (Double Cab only)
  • automatic rev matching
  • anti-stall technology

Sorry where exactly are you seeing that the SR with 6MT will only come in dual cab? It also seems a bit unclear if you can get an Xtracab SR with 4x4 (with either transmission). It makes no sense to me to not offer a 6MT with the Xtracab, and even less sense to not allow 4x4 on ANY Xtracabs. Donā€™t people want the longer bed for overlanding??

Norsk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 VW GTI
Trying to figure out if the 6MT will have a 6 foot bed option as well
Yes, Only SR will come w manual and long bed. SR5 may have manual or not. Will come w long bed.

Here's the link and scroll down -https://www.toyota.com/upcoming-vehicles/tacoma/

MaveriComet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Titan
Yes, Only SR will come w manual and long bed. SR5 may have manual or not. Will come w long bed.

Here's the link and scroll down -https://www.toyota.com/upcoming-vehicles/tacoma/
While the SR maybe be available as a manual and available with a long bed, I doubt we will be able to configure a long bed and manual together.
Sponsored