Sponsored

Chief18443

First Name
Christos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None, dead chevy
That's great, would like the long bed but I just want a truck anymore, it's been 13 months. Dealers couldn't get me a truck with the options or colors.

Paco877

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
So no new ways of hauling 4x8 material I guess.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tundra
So no new ways of hauling 4x8 material I guess.
I think they do the midway tailgate stop like the Gladiator. Only midsize truck that I know can lay plywood flat is the unibody Ridgeline. Of course the Ridgeline has very little ground clearance without serious modifications, which is opposite spectrum of the Tacoma.

Paco877

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I think they do the midway tailgate stop like the Gladiator. Only midsize truck that I know can lay plywood flat is the unibody Ridgeline. Of course the Ridgeline has very little ground clearance without serious modifications, which is opposite spectrum of the Tacoma.
As long as they make some sort of provision with the tailgate thatā€™ll be great. The new 2024 ranger can lay 4ā€™ material flat.

Mrknowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Silverado, 14 JKUR
Evidently the new Ranger actually has 4ft between the wheel wells.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tundra
I heard that but wasnā€™t sure. I quit looking at the new Ranger once I read the 6ā€™ bed was not available on crew cabs. Must have for me.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
I heard that but wasnā€™t sure. I quit looking at the new Ranger once I read the 6ā€™ bed was not available on crew cabs. Must have for me.
Same thing for me. Fordā€™s lack of a SuperCrew/longbed will no doubt send more buyers to purchase Toyota Tacomas than upselling them into an F-150. I know, because Iā€™m a prime example. I was hoping for a SuperCrew longbed Ranger with Tremor package and neither configuration or trim is offered. Iā€™ve driven nothing but Ford trucks the last 30 years (ā€˜94 XLT Ranger SuperCab/6ā€™ bed and ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew). Iā€™m done with all full-size trucksā€¦. Too big and too expensive!!! Midsize trucks are perfect for my needs and budget but I refuse to settle with a 5ā€™ bed if I can have a 6ā€™ bed coming from an F-150 with a 5 1/2 foot bed. For this reason Iā€™m done with Ford and am almost certain Iā€™ll land in a longbed Trailhunter or TRD Off-road with the hybrid engine.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tundra
I got tired of waiting last year and grabbed a tundra. Love it but will likely trade into. Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 premium package with 6ā€™ bed once they are out.
Sponsored