Sponsored

Remote start

Someguysomewhere26

SR5
Well-known member
Joined
Jan 30, 2026
Threads
9
Messages
81
Reaction score
39
Location
united states
Vehicle(s)
2025 tacoma SR5
I imagine this is been brought up before, anyone know an alternative to paying for this subscription any kits they recommend or something?
Sponsored

 

Will721

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
First Name
Will
Joined
Nov 19, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
482
Reaction score
569
Location
Quad Cities
Vehicle(s)
2025 TRD OR
Just use the FOB, or you can get an aftermarket system like Viper or Compustar. They'll have better range, but if you want a remote app there is no such thing as a free app. App based starting is cellular based, and someone has to pay to connect to their network.
 

maxx075

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
Joined
Apr 24, 2024
Threads
6
Messages
1,300
Reaction score
1,590
Location
FL
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
I don’t care if it’s a app or anything just want more then 5ft of range I swear mine won’t work unless I’m within 10 yards
The fob might get you more than 5 feet, but definitely less than 10 yards.

Sounds like you'd want an aftermarket remote start that has to be wired in
 

Sponsored

Will721

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
First Name
Will
Joined
Nov 19, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
482
Reaction score
569
Location
Quad Cities
Vehicle(s)
2025 TRD OR
I don’t care if it’s a app or anything just want more then 5ft of range I swear mine won’t work unless I’m within 10 yards
If you don't mind an app then you can pay Toyota for unlimited range. But all apps cost money.

If you want a Fob, aftermarket it is. Take your pick as long as its a big name brand company. There will be an option for a one way or two way FOB. Do yourself a favor and spend the bit extra for the two way. Two way fobs tell you if the remote start was successful, so there's zero guess work.
 

SKYRNCHEXP

TRD Sport
New member
First Name
MIKE
Joined
Sep 14, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
4
Reaction score
4
Location
KNEEVADA
Vehicle(s)
2024 TACOMA SPORT
This is literally the only issue i have, where i want to drive my truck through the front of the dealership.

I replace the battery regularly and i pretty much have to stand next to the truck to get it to start with the fob. Gets me going narly every morning. Not paying for a useless app where i cant even start the truck if the windows are cracked. Shouldent need to add an aftermarket system to do this.

My coworker has a chevy and can start his truck from 100 yards away. Without doing the little teapot song and dance that the toyota requires.

But it will never change so rant over
Sponsored

 
 






Top