Removable JBL center channel speaker.

pez88

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Does anyone else think this removable JBL bluetooth speaker will be a magnet for thieves? I think I would be removing it and putting it in the center console when parking in public areas.
Sponsored

2TR-FE

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tacoma SR5
thieves suck; guaranteed they would steal it if they had the opportunity

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Anything not locked down is sure a target, though a thief would have to know itā€™s there & removable. Is there anything though to say that maybe the Bluetooth speaker doesnā€™t work if itā€™s not tied through the truck? Sure you can use it with your phone at your campsite, but maybe if the truck isnā€™t in range it doesnā€™t work.

MisterFlabby

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Iā€™m also curious if the radio can be played through the speaker when it is disconnected. I enjoy going to the drive in and think it would be a neat feature to have in the truck bed with the wife and I chilling watching the movies.

Reactions: MJE

Manny991220

First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 2018 SR5
Any clue on what the speaker alone cost I am getting that package but any thoughts on the flex speaker price???

Sponsored

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I'm sure it's more of an incentive. But I've never been too worried about scum given I have an expensive dash cam and radar detector currently up for display in my car the last 4 years. By the time they break the window, they don't even have the chance to climb through the vehicle before I've sic'd them, ask me how I know lol

MisterFlabby

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I'm sure it's more of an incentive. But I've never been too worried about scum given I have an expensive dash cam and radar detector currently up for display in my car the last 4 years. By the time they break the window, they don't even have the chance to climb through the vehicle before I've sic'd them, ask me how I know lol
Did you likeā€¦ use a boom stick on ā€˜em?

bresna

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
My dealer said that they've already had 4 JBL speakers stolen from Tacomas on their lot. I want to lock mine down if I can or if not, maybe disguise it? I'm thinking maybe I can pry off the grill, put in an adhesive rim and then push on a larger cover from a regular car speaker to cover the speaker and the eject button.

Has anyone tried to see if the top grill is removable?

I'm also wondering if it might be worth it to disable the spring-loaded push-up mechanism so that the release button won't pop it up out of the dash. It looks easy enough to get to. My only fear with that is that it still might get me a smashed side window and a pissed off thief who might decide he doesn't appreciate this.
2024 Tacoma Removable JBL center channel speaker. 1716757799787

Sponsored

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Eject it and put it under the seat..

bresna

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
Eject it and put it under the seat..
I used to have a removable car stereo head unit back in the day that I used to pop out and bring into the house every time I got home. The one time I ran into a store to pick up something and didn't eject it for the 3 or 4 minutes I was in there was enough time for someone to steal it. :)

If I don't lock it down or hide it, I expect that I will forget and leave it in there one day. It's human nature.

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Your car is your Castle šŸ˜‰

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
Hmm..........maybe if the speaker gets stolen, we might finally get to hear the other speakers in the truck! :ROFLMAO:

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Definitely lock that speaker. Has a solid state battery in it, will not be cheap to replace. Even though it has no use without its nest, d bags will turn around and sell it back to you. SMH.

take a picture of the serial number and have that number on-hand. Key information if you file a police report.
Sponsored