Sponsored

Trob20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Another view of the new Tacoma to the right of the current gen on the second picture.

EDIT: Also license plate hinting at 04/04/23 reveal?

Admin Edit:

In this seemingly innocent photo of a current gen Tacoma, our eagle eyed user noticed that a blurred out next gen Tacoma is parked in the distance.

The future Tacoma is also parked in front of the “Brazilian Patent Office” building and the image is captioned, “Patented good looks.” As we previously reported, Toyota filed patent images of the next Tacoma in Brazil, back in January June 2022 (credit to @Dr. Carmaker1 for catching that).

Finally, we have a major hint that the reveal is coming on April 4, 2023, as evidenced by the license plate on the current Tacoma in the picture.

FUN FACT: Tuesday, April 4, 2023 is (Jeep) 4x4 Day. It's also Taco Tuesday. Fortuitous alignment of stars for the Tacoma reveal. 😂

2024 Tacoma Second 2024 Tacoma Teaser by Toyota! Hints at 4/4/23 Reveal 📸 2024tacomateaser

2024 Tacoma Second 2024 Tacoma Teaser by Toyota! Hints at 4/4/23 Reveal 📸 2024 tacoma teaser

2024 Tacoma Second 2024 Tacoma Teaser by Toyota! Hints at 4/4/23 Reveal 📸 Untitled-2

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
Nice eye. I totally missed it..... I even commented on their page. Notice the license plate 040423..... exciting! And it's in front of the Brazilian Patent Office.... another clue

Last edited:

TACOMA4G24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLANK
Anyone else notice that it says Brazilian patent office on the top of the building in both pictures, with the new Tacoma in white parked outside. The caption also reads Patented good looks. Toyota is making fun of their own mistake.

Last edited:

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota, Jeep
Brazilian Patent Office. 🤣 That leak really railroaded their teaser campaign. Someone dropped the ball. I’d thank them, otherwise it probably would have been months and months of obscure teasers.

I assume we’ll know more on 04/04/23, at least as suggested by the photos.

Dr. Carmaker1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TRD Pro 6MT, multiple vehicles (20+)
I did say it would be next week back in February.;)

Another view of the new Tacoma to the right of the current gen on the second picture.

EDIT: Also license plate hinting at 04/04/23 reveal?

Admin Edit:

In this seemingly innocent photo of a current gen Tacoma, our eagle eyed user noticed that a blurred out next gen Tacoma is parked in the distance.

The future Tacoma is also parked in front of the “Brazilian Patent Office” building and the image is captioned, “Patented good looks.” As we previously reported, Toyota filed patent images of the next Tacoma in Brazil, back in January.

Finally, we have a major hint that the reveal is coming on April 4, 2023, as evidenced by the license plate on the current Tacoma in the picture.

FUN FACT: Tuesday, April 4, 2023 is (Jeep) 4x4 Day. It's also Taco Tuesday. Fortuitous alignment of stars for the Tacoma reveal. 😂

2024tacomateaser.jpg

2024 tacoma teaser.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Eh, not quite @administrator . I mentioned previously that Toyota Motor filed this patent via their Rio de Janeiro attorney Clarke Modet on June 10, 2022, using these original 2021 CAD images of 920B for the Japan Patent Office filing of December 13, 2021, the day before the BEV concept was revealed on 12/14/21.

2024 Tacoma Second 2024 Tacoma Teaser by Toyota! Hints at 4/4/23 Reveal 📸 download

2024 Tacoma Second 2024 Tacoma Teaser by Toyota! Hints at 4/4/23 Reveal 📸 screenshot_20230124_183731_instagram_86d79f8c13df5f5fb576b0389b45813a6aac7f41

If the new truck was going to shown in any form, patents needed to be filed ahead of that being a risk.

Every country of concern to Toyota, they spent June 2022 filing global patents for this at each respective PTO. This includes the USPTO, who have not broken Toyota's confidence and released it like Brazil.

Brazil recognized the filing submitted by Modet on June 10, 2022, with a stipulation requesting secrecy until a given date in the future. They fully accepted these terms on June 28th.

On September 30, 2022, Modet submitted a request for deferment, to extend the date to withhold the patent from publication. This was at Toyota's legal department request.

Someone incompetently misunderstood the request at Brazil's patent office and eventually got to it in January 2023, only to reject the request and just release it on January 24, 2023. Toyota was apparently pissed over it, since the other June 2022 global filings with these images were kept private and only Brazil didn't comply.

Someone rumored that Modet was dismissed over it, because of the Tacoma launch campaign it almost upended.

That being said, patents have different dates in addition to the filing. This was leaked back then, but it was filed much longer before that.

Brazilian Patent Office. 🤣 That leak really railroaded their teaser campaign. Someone dropped the ball. I’d thank them, otherwise it probably would have been months and months of obscure teasers.

I assume we’ll know more on 04/04/23, at least as suggested by the photos.
It was some confused staff member at their patent office I guess. They didn't have this issue with the Tundra, but not so much with this one.

I think Toyota made the mistake of showing the truck too early, warranting a much earlier than usual patent filing in domestic Japan to secure the design against infringement. Usually other global offices follow 6 months afterward.

These Tacoma patents being filed much earlier in the process than the Tundra patents, meant a much longer window risked expiration of privacy granted to general patent filings in some countries.

Brazil's office is probably not used to special extension requests like that and got the attorney on duty fired, for failing to intervene as well. In other words, whoever it is did us a favor, but are stupid for violating a company's confidentiality so carelessly.

Last edited:

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone have a general idea when they’d be hitting lots of unveiled next week?
My guess is early fall, however some have mentioned as late as Jan/Feb 2024

OP
OP

Trob20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Does V6 mean anything, could we still get that?
It has been suggested we are still getting a V6, but I don't think the v6 in the photo is implying anything. The newest photo is a photoshopped picture from the 2016 Tacoma press release. I've included the original image below.

2024 Tacoma Second 2024 Tacoma Teaser by Toyota! Hints at 4/4/23 Reveal 📸 09DE4D362BA0FF47C69EC1C31EAEAA38629DA804-1500x1000

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It has been suggested we are still getting a V6, but I don't think the v6 in the photo is implying anything. The newest photo is a photoshopped picture from the 2016 Tacoma press release. I've included the original image below.

09DE4D362BA0FF47C69EC1C31EAEAA38629DA804-1500x1000.jpg
Ah... that makes sense. I was thinking 'why show off the V6 badge if it's just a reminder of what isn't going to be there' and convinced myself that if the V6 weren't the case then the picture would have been from another angle. Now that I realize it's a recycled picture.....:LOL:

ToyTrucker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Found this posted elsewhere. Is this it??

2024 Tacoma Second 2024 Tacoma Teaser by Toyota! Hints at 4/4/23 Reveal 📸 image

Last edited:

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Found this posted elsewhere. Is this it??

image.jpg
I wondered and thought about driving down there, but I doubt it. Launching what Jeep guys call "the king of 33's" at a Jeep event wouldnt do much for Toyota I dont think. Bronco did it though, so who knows.
Sponsored