beninbeta

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
I think people are missing that the TH's are going to be built in very limited numbers.....
Is that what they told you at the dealer event? That TH will be made in very low quantities even if demand is very high?

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
yea.. same with RR why theres 20k uptick on orders ive seen. I dont think i want pay 20K ADJ on trailhunter if the given price is already going be 60K.. :( They are cool though. Tacoma will need sell their builk in pro and SR5, range. I figure those will be the most popular brands. i dont see prerunner selling in great quainties. Sport is sweet spot for most people , hopefully its 45k and under.
20k markup on anything is a sin.

there are dealers doing msrp. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Keep looking.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
I think people are missing that the TH's are going to be built in very limited numbers.....
….naw. Toyota is the GOAT for manufacturing and sales. Sheldon is laughing. They’re dropping 8 grades same frame, 2 motor setups. The skids are greased. I think the supply chain is dialed. We’re gonna be pleasantly surprised here watch…

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Silverado
have they shared anything about hybrid allocations or is that still too far out? I'm on the list for a hybrid trd off road longbed
That is the same setup I am waiting for. Hopefully they release the pricing for the hybrid on Tuesday with all the other info.

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Tacoma Off-Road; 2018 Audi S5 tuned
have they shared anything about hybrid allocations or is that still too far out? I'm on the list for a hybrid trd off road longbed
Evorunner, I would put almost no stock in what “Toyotasalesman31707” is saying. On another thread he started he was trying to sell cars (see pic of thread)… Seems legit to me. I would like to believe some of it, but I have read nothing that seems credible or substantiated. Lots of anecdotal I am a “pro” type of stuff, but nada that has any substance or any kind of proof. Back to what I said in a previous post, someone that works at a dealer (one person) with a lot of claims not being backed up by anyone else… I don’t buy it. A lot of it seems to be stirring the pot type of comments. Now he’s saying that the TH, a “Halo” model as Sheldon described will be in extremely short supply. Based on what?

Sorry, but that is a game I don't believe Toyota is playing. Why the f build this new, awesome, market first, “halo” model to basically tease those of us interested by not producing enough to keep up with demand? That seems like bad business and frankly bs. I’m not saying they’ll make as many as the OR’s or others that are more basic models, but if I believe what he’s saying Toyota will distribute almost no TH’s. I can’t wait for actual pricing and info to come out.
2024 Tacoma Seventeen (17) 2024 Tacomas in Dealer Allocations (according to source) IMG_2796

ToyotaSalesman31707

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra Limited, Taco TRD Pro
Evorunner, I would put almost no stock in what “Toyotasalesman31707” is saying. On another thread he started he was trying to sell cars (see pic of thread)… Seems legit to me. I would like to believe some of it, but I have read nothing that seems credible or substantiated. Lots of anecdotal I am a “pro” type of stuff, but nada that has any substance or any kind of proof. Back to what I said in a previous post, someone that works at a dealer (one person) with a lot of claims not being backed up by anyone else… I don’t buy it. A lot of it seems to be stirring the pot type of comments. Now he’s saying that the TH, a “Halo” model as Sheldon described will be in extremely short supply. Based on what?

Sorry, but that is a game I don't believe Toyota is playing. Why the f build this new, awesome, market first, “halo” model to basically tease those of us interested by not producing enough to keep up with demand? That seems like bad business and frankly bs. I’m not saying they’ll make as many as the OR’s or others that are more basic models, but if I believe what he’s saying Toyota will distribute almost no TH’s. I can’t wait for actual pricing and info to come out.
IMG_2796.jpeg
Here's a fact for you, NO ONE HAS ANY INFO THAT IS OF ANY VALUE ASIDE FROM WHAT I HAVE TOLD YOU. Dealers will be allocated 1 unit in December is what we're being told. As far as your "Toyota not playing games theory" , explain the over abundance of Toyota's performance car flagship the Supra or even the GR86 or GR Corolla. Now, explain the shortage of Siennas, Sequoias and Prius. Toyota has created an environment where the demand cannot be satisfied. I know the exact number of TH's that will be produced in 2024 and all I'll say is there will be a lot of people doing without and ALL will pay a market advantage.
And as for me selling cars here, that was part of the deal. Thats why I'm here.
I'm finished here. I've done nothing by try to share what information I could with you people. Fend for yourselves.

jcwls3

First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S
… I know the exact number of TH's that will be produced in 2024 and all I'll say is there will be a lot of people doing without and ALL will pay a market advantage… I'm finished here. I've done nothing by try to share what information I could with you people. Fend for yourselves.
ToyotaSalesman31707, my opinion is that posts like this are wildly illustrative of why people have a hard time trusting car salespeople in general.

You may know the proposed number of Trailhunters Toyota expects to produce as of today. But I find it difficult to believe that if their initial demand estimates are exceeded, they will not adjust their production schedules accordingly.

Toyota’s gross per-unit profit on $35K lower trims will be substantially less than on the US $55,000-to-$60,000 TRD PRO and Trailhunter top trims, just as GM’s profit margins on the Escalade are much higher than the sister GMC Yukon and Chevrolet Suburban. And as a general rule, the name of the game is profit. Toyota will chase it as much as they reasonably can. Obviously the vaguely bespoke suspension bits of the PRO and TH may be production limited. But it’s silly to think that Toyota will artificially limit their overall vehicle production. What possible reason could the company have to hamstring its own profits?

Regarding your blanket statement that all Trailhunters will be sold with a market adjustment, i.e. dealer gouging: Ridiculous. There are car dealers selling vehicles from all manufacturers whose owners are fair, reasonable businesspeople, and who will sell at MSRP. Others will be colored by short-term greed as I outlined in my earlier post, and offer the trucks with a gouging.

Of those, some will find customers to pay it. As P.T. Barnum famously said, “There’s a sucker born every minute.” You and your fellow shortsighted dealers will no doubt find people willing to pay such an outrageous fee to own… a commodity Toyota pickup truck? Good luck selling them again when they need another, or would like a family four-door sedan for their wife and kids.

Frankly, I think Mr. Barnum’s quote would apply more to said dealerships in this case. They’re the true suckers, willing to grab minuscule bundles of cash in the short term while sacrificing long-term customer loyalty, repeat business, and obviously more importantly the years of gravy-train vehicle service on multiple cars that comprises the bulk of revenue and profit at car dealerships.

I will NEVER pay a penny over MSRP for any car, particularly a pickup truck with five- or six-figure sales in America. I am hardly the only one.

My advice — not that you asked for it — is to cut out the defensive BS and offer true help and advice to people on this forum. Otherwise you’re wasting our time.

(NOTE: Edited to correct “six-failure sales” to “six-figure sales” above. Although the more I think about it, “six-failure” sales better describes Toyota’s dealership network should they charge 2024 market adjustments with any real success. I still cannot fathom people paying a dealer gouge for a pickup truck, no matter how cool it is.)

Last edited:

FirstTimeTruckBuyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Audi
Hello everyone. First time poster, long-time reader of these forums. Thank you to everyone who has posted photos, videos, info, etc. so far. It’s been very exciting and educational to read these threads.

I’m looking to purchase my first truck and like the ‘24 Tacoma, so far (still waiting for info on pricing, fuel economy, and the opportunity to test drive). However, this would be my first Toyota purchase, so I’m new to how Toyota allocates vehicles to dealers. It seems odd to me to allow prospective buyers to “build” their desired vehicle on Toyota’s website, but then direct buyers to find a local dealership who might have something similar to what they want (but not their exact desired build). Okay, fine. I get it, Toyota doesn’t do custom orders. They base their allocations on geographical market data. But what I will never understand are so-called “market adjustments” that some dealerships add to popular models. Why doesn’t Toyota adjust production numbers to meet demand? Doesn’t corporate have an incentive to allocate more vehicles to dealers, so they can sell more vehicles and hit quarterly targets? It would seem that artificially limiting supply only benefits dealers by creating an environment wherein they can charge market adjustments to desperate/impatient consumers.

Anyway, I’m interested in an SR5 4x4 or maybe the TRD Off Road, depending on price and availability. But if all dealers in my area are charging “market adjustments”, I’ll wait. And with other choices in the mid-size truck segment, I may even pass on Toyota altogether to get the truck I want at a reasonable price. I just think it’s crazy that some people are willing to pay above MSRP for a truck. These are not limited production supercars. I saw some posts here suggesting $10K above MSRP. At that price point, I’ll be looking at full-size trucks, which have more backseat leg room, greater towing capacity, etc. I prefer mid-size, so the truck can still fit in my garage, and typically gets better gas mileage and is easier to park than a full-size. But I’m not willing to pay full-size price for a mid-size.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to Toyota finally releasing price and MPG figures soon (hopefully next week), and the opportunity to look at the new Taco in person. I guess I’ll see what my local dealers decide to do about market adjustments. Anything above MSRP and I’ll keep looking/waiting. I’m in no real hurry and my cash can continue to generate interest/dividends in the meantime.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Here's a fact for you, NO ONE HAS ANY INFO THAT IS OF ANY VALUE ASIDE FROM WHAT I HAVE TOLD YOU. Dealers will be allocated 1 unit in December is what we're being told. As far as your "Toyota not playing games theory" , explain the over abundance of Toyota's performance car flagship the Supra or even the GR86 or GR Corolla. Now, explain the shortage of Siennas, Sequoias and Prius. Toyota has created an environment where the demand cannot be satisfied. I know the exact number of TH's that will be produced in 2024 and all I'll say is there will be a lot of people doing without and ALL will pay a market advantage.
I'm finished here. I've done nothing by try to share what information I could with you people. Fend for yourselves.
You need to chill out or leave.

You’re wrong. The dealer posting actual allocation updates has been a hell of a lot more helpful than you. Please tell me what is one piece of information you’ve provided that was helpful that wasn’t already

also for trying to convince ppl no one is selling top trims without market adjustment. This is FALSE!

I remember you bragging about being a Toyota southeast “pro”.

dude that’s just a salesman award lol! https://www.miltonruben.com/blogs/795/milton-ruben-auto-group-news/were-proud-of-our-pros/

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
I have not heard from anyone that the TH and PRO are entirely all that limited. The engineer didn't even hint at such a situation. Maybe the past won't necessarily represent this generation production numbers. Are you speaking only in terms of past production or has it been confirmed ?

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
Toyota created the environment ? Where have you been the last 3 years dude ????
Sponsored