Sponsored

Trailhunter JBL speaker color -- blue?

New4GTaco

TRD PreRunner
Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
5
Reaction score
2
Location
Hawaii
Vehicle(s)
1995 Tacoma
'26 bronze Trailhunter here. Just noticed this. Curious to see if anyone else has an OEM blue JBL in-dash speaker in their TH?

2024 Tacoma Trailhunter JBL speaker color -- blue? IMG_7220


2024 Tacoma Trailhunter JBL speaker color -- blue? IMG_7215
Sponsored

 
OP
OP

New4GTaco

TRD PreRunner
Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
5
Reaction score
2
Location
Hawaii
Vehicle(s)
1995 Tacoma
Yes, but I have a TRD Off-Road. I think I remember it being black when I got the truck. I believe the sun has faded the material on the speaker face to look blueish.
That may be the culprit.
 

Kodachrome

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Dan
Joined
Jul 4, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
70
Reaction score
57
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2005 Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2026 Tacoma Trailhunter
I use a windshield shade 95% of the time because of the very high UV at my elevation, I suspect it might stay black in color for awhile then.
 

Sponsored


Sponsored

wolfpackwest

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Paul
Joined
Sep 4, 2024
Threads
11
Messages
83
Reaction score
128
Location
Arizona
Vehicle(s)
2026 Tacoma Trailhunter
Which do you prefer?
The speaker color? Im indifferent to. I’m hopeful that maybe the new speaker quality is slightly better than my original one. When taking it out to use it as a BT speaker, yeah it works - but I have several JBL Flip bt speakers and the flex from my 2024 was not up to snuff whatsoever. Haven’t tried taking the new one out to try it by itself yet though.

in terms of the trucks themselves, I certainly prefer the newer 2026 šŸ˜Ž
 
OP
OP

New4GTaco

TRD PreRunner
Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
5
Reaction score
2
Location
Hawaii
Vehicle(s)
1995 Tacoma
The speaker color? Im indifferent to. I’m hopeful that maybe the new speaker quality is slightly better than my original one. When taking it out to use it as a BT speaker, yeah it works - but I have several JBL Flip bt speakers and the flex from my 2024 was not up to snuff whatsoever. Haven’t tried taking the new one out to try it by itself yet though.

in terms of the trucks themselves, I certainly prefer the newer 2026 šŸ˜Ž
Kinda feel the same. At first I preferred black but the blue is growing on me
 
 






Top