Sponsored

Christo

First Name
Christo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pathfinder
Hi everyone-I'm new to the forum but I thought i would post in this thread as I will be buying my first Taco here in Canada and I just visited a dealership (Vancouver Island) and have an update on the Canadian Taco timeline.

I had dropped a deposit for a hybrid over the phone and finally went in to meet the sales person and get a rough quote since I have heard horror stories of marking over the MSRP price.
I found out that they are getting 2 gas models in mid January. A customer bought SR and a test drivable sport model.
I was told there was no build options you can do in Canada. If I want a bed liner or step then they do that at the dealership so its not an issue. I am out of luck for the spray on bed liner as there is nobody in town that sprays the bed :(
The other thing I was shocked about is they don't know if the sport model will come as a hybrid in Canada. In the USA the sport can be a hybrid but if you go on toyota.ca the base hybrid is the offroad trim. You cannot get the offroad in a premium 6 foot box and I don't want anything short of a premium build as I want the 360 degree camera system as i will be learning to tow a trailer.
I was super excited that neither the documentation fee nor the MSRP price never went up so I left a happy camper. When I got home I looked closer at the print-out. $399 for sound proof, $299.95 for Tire & Rim warranty-what the heck? Anyone know what these new addons are all about? I was told to add about $10K for the hybrid.
Sponsored

Hannzie

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 bmw x2
Hi everyone-I'm new to the forum but I thought i would post in this thread as I will be buying my first Taco here in Canada and I just visited a dealership (Vancouver Island) and have an update on the Canadian Taco timeline.

I had dropped a deposit for a hybrid over the phone and finally went in to meet the sales person and get a rough quote since I have heard horror stories of marking over the MSRP price.
I found out that they are getting 2 gas models in mid January. A customer bought SR and a test drivable sport model.
I was told there was no build options you can do in Canada. If I want a bed liner or step then they do that at the dealership so its not an issue. I am out of luck for the spray on bed liner as there is nobody in town that sprays the bed :(
The other thing I was shocked about is they don't know if the sport model will come as a hybrid in Canada. In the USA the sport can be a hybrid but if you go on toyota.ca the base hybrid is the offroad trim. You cannot get the offroad in a premium 6 foot box and I don't want anything short of a premium build as I want the 360 degree camera system as i will be learning to tow a trailer.
I was super excited that neither the documentation fee nor the MSRP price never went up so I left a happy camper. When I got home I looked closer at the print-out. $399 for sound proof, $299.95 for Tire & Rim warranty-what the heck? Anyone know what these new addons are all about? I was told to add about $10K for the hybrid.

10k add on for a hybrid? Do they mean add 10k to the base sport or OR, or is that to any trim including the premium options? That would bring the OR premium hybrid in the low $70’s in Canada.

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
The other thing I was shocked about is they don't know if the sport model will come as a hybrid in Canada. In the USA the sport can be a hybrid but if you go on toyota.ca the base hybrid is the offroad trim.
Toyota.ca has indicated that the Sport will be gas-only in Canada since May. Your dealer should know this.

You cannot get the offroad in a premium 6 foot box and I don't want anything short of a premium build as I want the 360 degree camera system as i will be learning to tow a trailer.
I want the same configuration and was bummed about that when they released the Canadian package info. I'm still crossing my fingers they will offer the 6' on the off road hybrid, but I doubt it as it will be too similar to the Trailhunter.

I was super excited that neither the documentation fee nor the MSRP price never went up so I left a happy camper. When I got home I looked closer at the print-out. $399 for sound proof, $299.95 for Tire & Rim warranty-what the heck? Anyone know what these new addons are all about?
Adding BS like that is where Canadian dealers make all their money. Easier to fight them on it now than when the truck has already arrived and they say "well we've already installed that so you have to pay for it..."

I was told to add about $10K for the hybrid.
What?! Hybrid costs an extra $3500 on the Tundra. I suspect if they're saying $10k, it means the Off Road hybrid is only available in the Premium configuration, so the $10k would include the premium package + hybrid.

Tacosyeg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
There is no way the hybrid will be $10k more. The Limited hybrid should be about $10k more than the model in the states, which puts it at around $65k CAD, since the Limited Hybrid should be about $55k ($52k + $3k). If it is a $10k increase versus the gas limited, that would put it at $72k ($52k USD + $10k + $10k). At that point, why would you buy a Tacoma? Just go to the Tundra Limited hybrid at $76k.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None

LOL
The hybrid will be 3k-4k, not 10. Also, the soundproof an warranty are dealer add ons.

Your dealer is adding a markup ;)

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Toyota.ca has indicated that the Sport will be gas-only in Canada since May. Your dealer should know this.
If there's anything I've learned talking with Toyota salesmen in Canada, it's they're so clueless when it comes to these new Tacoma's. Glad to know it's not just regionally.

MisterFlabby

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
If there's anything I've learned talking with Toyota salesmen in Canada, it's they're so clueless when it comes to these new Tacoma's. Glad to know it's not just regionally.
Dealership near me told me they aren’t getting new Tacos till March. Another told me he’s getting one next week. So idk why some know more that others!

Darrin Carter

First Name
Buckshot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Tundra
Put a deposit last April got a call from my sales rep today saying they just had a meeting with Toyota Canada and she wants me come in and build my truck so that my order is in. She says they have been told that there are limited quantities available. My dealer has told me they are the largest volume truck dealer in the province (how true it is I do not know but I have seen them get truck other dealers can't)
originally I was looking at the Trail Hunter but the more I look at it there is a lot of features I would not use on it (don't really take my truck off road)
Going to go with the sport premium with the 6' box Super sonic red
I said I was waiting to order when the build went on the web site live. She said they just want to get my name on a Truck and we can build the accessories after (levelling kit through dealer if available so warranty is not affected and probably aftermarket roof rack as pricing may be more reasonable)
See what more detail I get after I meet with her
hopefully this tuck is as reliable 2007 Tundra I just handed down to my son

Christo

First Name
Christo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pathfinder
10k add on for a hybrid? Do they mean add 10k to the base sport or OR, or is that to any trim including the premium options? That would bring the OR premium hybrid in the low $70’s in Canada.
I assume the $10K is over the gas trims. Since none of the lower trims come in hybrid it would only relate to OR and perhaps sport if they decide to make hybrid available in Canada.

Christo

First Name
Christo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pathfinder

The sport comes in hybrid in the USA so perhaps they may make it available in Canada.

I want the same configuration and was bummed about that when they released the Canadian package info. I'm still crossing my fingers they will offer the 6' on the off road hybrid, but I doubt it as it will be too similar to the Trailhunter.

You can get the 6' bed in the OR base package but that doesn't work for me and the trailhunter is outside my budget.

Adding BS like that is where Canadian dealers make all their money. Easier to fight them on it now than when the truck has already arrived and they say "well we've already installed that so you have to pay for it..."

I'll kick and scream when I take the gas sport model for a test drive latter this month.

What?! Hybrid costs an extra $3500 on the Tundra. I suspect if they're saying $10k, it means the Off Road hybrid is only available in the Premium configuration, so the $10k would include the premium package + hybrid.
I had a typed quote for the sport premium and the manager said to add another $10K for the hybrid. Hopefully he is out-to-lunch.

Christo

First Name
Christo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pathfinder
LOL
The hybrid will be 3k-4k, not 10. Also, the soundproof an warranty are dealer add ons.

Your dealer is adding a markup ;)
I sure hope so as I started looking at the pricing of a used F150 since I don't want to sell my house just so i can drive a new truck :(

Christo

First Name
Christo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pathfinder
Put a deposit last April got a call from my sales rep today saying they just had a meeting with Toyota Canada and she wants me come in and build my truck so that my order is in. She says they have been told that there are limited quantities available. My dealer has told me they are the largest volume truck dealer in the province (how true it is I do not know but I have seen them get truck other dealers can't)
originally I was looking at the Trail Hunter but the more I look at it there is a lot of features I would not use on it (don't really take my truck off road)
Going to go with the sport premium with the 6' box Super sonic red
I said I was waiting to order when the build went on the web site live. She said they just want to get my name on a Truck and we can build the accessories after (levelling kit through dealer if available so warranty is not affected and probably aftermarket roof rack as pricing may be more reasonable)
See what more detail I get after I meet with her
hopefully this tuck is as reliable 2007 Tundra I just handed down to my son
Please pick their brain and keep us posted. We are all standing by ;)

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
I talked to my dealer contact today. He’s a GM of sales and leasing (not just a sales person). Here’s what he told me.

They are getting a SR5 Double Cab 4x4 as a demonstrator February 6-8th. Then if I like it I can place my order and deposit for model and colour. They have an allocation of only 55 trucks for the year, currently. One will be mine.
They are not taking deposits until people see and touch the demonstrator.
He does not yet know when delivery will be but guessing beginning in March. He will update me as he gets concrete info.