- Thread starter
- #31
Hate to hear that brother. Hopefully others can stay clear of them from our experience.
Sponsored
I just took some pics of mine today. Installed June 15 of this year. 2.5 months and already rusting in several spots. I’m going to email the company and see what can be done. Obviously, I’m not pleased.
I don’t think they’re added after, I just think they’re so thin that the powder isn’t able to impregnate the cuts thoroughly enough to get good coverage.I get where the engravings start rusting since that seems done after the powdercoat
I don’t think they’re added after, I just think they’re so thin that the powder isn’t able to impregnate the cuts thoroughly enough to get good coverage.
That's very worrisome. My bed rack is on order from them, so it feels too late to back out now. Also, they have a feature that I haven't really seen elsewhere, which is the variable height of the cross bars. I definitely appreciate the heads up @BuriedFriend.
Email them and send pics. I did and they replaced some (not all) of the parts. They blamed it on humidity and not quality control or quality of the product. Last email I sent they didn’t even reply.
I used a piece of plywood and floor jack so I wouldn’t have to completely take off the rack and tent. I took a lot of their parts to my local powder coater and got them done right. I’ll NEVER purchase from them again.
I wouldn’t do it. They still haven’t fixed the issues and blame other things besides their quality control.How did it turn out ?? I’m thinking of buying the diamondback compatible mid height bed rack truss
Enough for me to stay away. I don’t even really “need” a bed rack. I just want something to attach jerrycans to and maybe a traxisboard without consuming bed space. Plus it just looks cool. And I’ve got the diamondback bed cover so this seemed to be a good option. I’ll need to go back to the drawing board.I wouldn’t do it. They still haven’t fixed the issues and blame other things besides their quality control.
Humidity! lol. I’m in Houston. Guess I’m not getting this rack. It’s only for the mountains I suppose.
I’m in Beaumont
Not uptop at least. I quoteI guess south Texas is not allowed to have roof or bed racks lol.