Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Website
freire.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Rav4 XLE Premium 4WD
Video description:

All new 2024 Toyota Tacoma’s! Super excited for you to see all the trims of the Tacoma lineup. We have the TRD Pro, TrailHunter, Limited, Off Road and the Sport. It was a little rushed because I was in training learning about these vehicles, I tried my best to record all the details for you.

Might have to pass on this only based on those seats. The back seat is non-existent if your sitting position will be all the back. But the problem isn't only for the TRD Pro seats. The same issue applies to all other trims - you can see this when she looks at the limited trim.
Sponsored

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
Those hybrid models look like they're still pre-production. The door panels aren't textured. That won't change the lack of leg room in the Pro, of course..

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Glad to see that the upper and middle armrests on the doors of the Pro are padded like the 4Runner

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
why even ship a back seat
I hope toyota is monitoring these forums. That zero leg room is a HUGE problem.
my guess is they are not.

Why even ship them with a rear seat. Just ship it delete w/racking points & option to add later.

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road
That zero leg room is a HUGE problem.
Except it's not, the Tacoma Bro, who is the staple customer for these trucks, isn't hauling a family around. I cannot at any time in my life recall seeing a family getting out of a Tacoma of any generation. Toyota knows what they are doing.

guitarist alec

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma Sport
Hmmm ~ when she showed the Limited back seat,
there was a window sticker on the seat that said 21 mph 🙄

SonoranSurvivalist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' RAV4 Hybrid Limited, '24 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Except it's not, the Tacoma Bro, who is the staple customer for these trucks, isn't hauling a family around. I cannot at any time in my life recall seeing a family getting out of a Tacoma of any generation. Toyota knows what they are doing.
When I pull up you'll see my son (he's still pretty young), wife, dog, and me... I would have gotten a Tundra but I value the size of the Tacoma and I think the three of us can fit in just fine.

drakeisbetter

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Video description:

All new 2024 Toyota Tacoma’s! Super excited for you to see all the trims of the Tacoma lineup. We have the TRD Pro, TrailHunter, Limited, Off Road and the Sport. It was a little rushed because I was in training learning about these vehicles, I tried my best to record all the details for you.

Might have to pass on this only based on those seats. The back seat is non-existent if your sitting position will be all the back. But the problem isn't only for the TRD Pro seats. The same issue applies to all other trims - you can see this when she looks at the limited trim.
Is the lack of rear legroom like this I the other midsized trucks like the Colorado and ranger..?

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
The seats are my only hesitation regarding the Pro. I’m also not overly excited about the color choices, so this is what I’ve done.

I’m first on the list for a Pro at local dealership. After seeing the 4Runner reveal, in Mud Bath and lack of ISO seats, I requested to have my color choice changed to mud bath with the hope that ISO seats would be optional in 2025. My way of delaying decision.

Not in a hurry, as I’m very happy with the TRD OR premium.

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
When they price these at 50k+, it's an issue. "Tacoma Bros" aren't the only people looking at mid-sized trucks today.

Last edited:

Tanrmt09

First Name
Tabr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Toyota 4runner
Damn that leg room is going to suck ass! And for ppl saying no families in the Tacoma.. 😆 I see small families around town all the time in them. Myself am buying one and I have a Lil girl that will be riding around with me. Granted we also have a 3rd gen 4runner and a RAV4 hybrid lol

North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Lexus LX470. 2022 Can Am Commander XT-P Max
Keep in mind you can move the front seats forward when you have passengers in the back seat. That seat is clearly all the way back. When I test drove a Gen 4, at 6' 1" I could not reach the pedals with the seat fully back. In most vehicles I drive with the seat adjusted all the way back and feel like I still want another inch or two.

No one seems to like the ISO seats because they think they look gimmicky and eat up rear leg room, but if they actually work as intended, they could be the most unique and innovative feature of the PRO...assuming drivers are actually doing high speed desert running as the truck is intended for. There are 7 other trims, including TRD Off Road and Trailhunter, if you aren't going to be desert running or doing high speed off roading regularly. I wonder how many people complaining about the seats actually plan to do any fast running and don't just want a PRO because it's the top dog and looks cool. I have a SXS with Fox suspension and my wife can handle about 5 minutes of riding washboards until she's done. I bet the seats will be appreciated by those who use the truck for what it was built for.
Sponsored