Sponsored

SpoolmakTaco

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Pro4X / 2016 Wrangler JKU Willys
$500 CDN refundable deposit to Vernon Toyota (Vernon, BC). Based on allocation, my first choice would be a Sport + 6M (in any colour but red), or an Off Road Premium 8AT in any colour (but red lol).

The two dealerships close to me do NOT do ANY markup or market adjustment BS.
Sponsored

Moundman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Camry (a beater!)
In the Charlotte area, but just south on I-77 one exit southbound into South Carolina. The 2024 Taco will be my 1st Toyota.

My closest dealer is Toyota of Rock Hill, SC...a large, busy, successful Toyota dealership.

My contact is actually a newly-minted Sales Mgr, and he keeps refusing my offers for a deposit "until we get model trim information and pricing 17-19 November 2023..."

Dude. Take my money.

Anyone here have any info on Toyota of Rock Hill?
You talking about Mr. Black? We have been talking for the last few months. Same thing, he keeps telling me that he'll ask for a deposit when the pricing comes out.

02to24taco

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
New user here, wanted to give an update on the call I got from my dealership today.
Im first on the waitlist for a trd off road with the hybrid max, $1000 deposit in since they first dropped the press release.
He said they still don’t have details on much but they anticipate getting them very soon.
I told him I wanted a premium trim, basically fully loaded in a few specific colors and I was perfectly willing to wait as long as it took for one to get allocated since toyota doesn’t do custom orders.
That’s when he dropped the bombshell. Apparently One Toyota of Oakland is one of 3 dealerships that has been selected to pilot the Toyota custom ordering platform. He said it’s a brand new system and he doesn’t have all the details yet but when the configurator gets released online I should built a couple trucks to the specs I want and send to him and I should be able to order that exact truck when the hybrids come out.
obviously I was ecstatic and had to share with you all.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
New user here, wanted to give an update on the call I got from my dealership today.
Im first on the waitlist for a trd off road with the hybrid max, $1000 deposit in since they first dropped the press release.
He said they still don’t have details on much but they anticipate getting them very soon.
I told him I wanted a premium trim, basically fully loaded in a few specific colors and I was perfectly willing to wait as long as it took for one to get allocated since toyota doesn’t do custom orders.
That’s when he dropped the bombshell. Apparently One Toyota of Oakland is one of 3 dealerships that has been selected to pilot the Toyota custom ordering platform. He said it’s a brand new system and he doesn’t have all the details yet but when the configurator gets released online I should built a couple trucks to the specs I want and send to him and I should be able to order that exact truck when the hybrids come out.
obviously I was ecstatic and had to share with you all.
It's nice to see Toyota get with the 21st century. I was baffled to learn Toyota doesn't do custom ordering, they act like they're some high end luxury dealership in that regard lol. I'd like to know what his "very soon" means though, hybrid max isn't supposed to be in production until after the iForce gas hits dealerships, and my dealer ain't seeing their first confirmed TRD Sport iForce until February

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Has ANYONE on this huge list of reservations heard anything at all from their dealer?

I find it wild it’s 2 months until December and there is zero pricing, package, mpg info.

Put my deposit down in April(!)
Can't help you on pricing but I think we're all expecting an early Christmas gift with pricing/configurator but I was called by my dealership to let me know the truck I wanted in the transmission and color I preferred was arriving in February with my name on it.

02to24taco

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
It's nice to see Toyota get with the 21st century. I was baffled to learn Toyota doesn't do custom ordering, they act like they're some high end luxury dealership in that regard lol. I'd like to know what his "very soon" means though, hybrid max isn't supposed to be in production until after the iForce gas hits dealerships, and my dealer ain't seeing their first confirmed TRD Sport iForce until February

He only meant details very soon, not the truck.
When I asked about timeline and if the rumors of April were true he said he wasn’t going to promise anything but it will be “something like that.”
Honestly the whole conversation was rather ambiguous and non-committal but still appreciated.
About the only thing he was very specific and sure of was that they were selected to pilot the custom ordering platform. He was proud to be one of the 3 dealerships.

Slipstream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
You talking about Mr. Black? We have been talking for the last few months. Same thing, he keeps telling me that he'll ask for a deposit when the pricing comes out.
Mr Hendrix. Still no word from him as of 22 November 23 on pricing, ordering, or leaving a deposit.

I’d love to be able to configure my truck online, and send it to him…

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1st Gen TRD V6
Got on waitlist today for TRD Pro. First color choice Terra, but I’m way down on the list; color isn’t hugely important to me though.

bt_okst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Abandoning my rager raptor order and am now first on list for trd pro at my local dealer. Willing to wait for what I want. Underground with black interior is first choice. Ice cap with black interior is second.

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Deposits | Reservations | Waitlist Sheet & Stats - Tacoma4G EC3C08C0-808E-43FD-BB77-82D4A850D48C

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Deposits | Reservations | Waitlist Sheet & Stats - Tacoma4G 347805786_6202021623221923_7751426932885291643_n-jpg.586 2

Tekoma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road Manual
Added my order. Y’all are missing a selection for transmission! Manual for me!
My deposit is open for Bronze Oxide or Solar Octane.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1st Gen TRD V6
Got on waitlist today for TRD Pro. First color choice Terra, but I’m way down on the list; color isn’t hugely important to me though.
Switched to the TrailHunter list:geek:

Slipstream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Despite multiple e-mails to Toyota of Rock Hill (South Carolina) to contact me when a deposit would be taken, I've heard NOTHING from them.

Business must be great there if they've got a potential client chomping at the bit to place a deposit/order, and they ignore them...

Truz66

First Name
Truz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
How do dealer allocations work at this stage? My dealer says they expect first deliveries in Feb and that they will definitely have allocations. I am one of the first on the list and he will call me when they know the trims and color. How can they know the delivery timing but not yet know what trims and color they will be getting? Do the dealers make specific requests/orders for trims/color for allocations or do they just get what they get from Toyota?

I was wondering if the lack of info was just him being careful not to commit a truck to me in case they want to prioritize someone el$e.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Despite multiple e-mails to Toyota of Rock Hill (South Carolina) to contact me when a deposit would be taken, I've heard NOTHING from them.

Business must be great there if they've got a potential client chomping at the bit to place a deposit/order, and they ignore them...
Contrary to what most people think, a deposit actually does the dealership a deservice when it comes to in-demand vehicles. All it does is add complexity and rigidity to a situation they don't need help in the first place.

Most states, a deposit is refundable in the first place, and they know customers will try to make as many deposits to get their hands on the vehicle anyways.

Slipstream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Contrary to what most people think, a deposit actually does the dealership a deservice when it comes to in-demand vehicles. All it does is add complexity and rigidity to a situation they don't need help in the first place.

Most states, a deposit is refundable in the first place, and they know customers will try to make as many deposits to get their hands on the vehicle anyways.
Good information. Thank you.
Sponsored