Sponsored

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
True it does have the alloy wheel but if you look closely at the pictures of the SR and compare to the SR5 on Toyota's website, the SR has a black non painted rear bumper. Makes me wonder if the alloy wheels are going to be an option on the SR.
Picture1.jpg

Picture2.jpg
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road First Look 7.jpg
I was wondering about the dark red truck also. I assumed it was a SR5 based on the wheels, but was thrown by the black bumper also.

Hopefully we see more about these lower trims soon.
Sponsored

zachroman11

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 LX470, '80 Toyota Pickup, '90 RX-7, '21 MX-5
I doubt there will be any choosing from aside to what the package you choose from.

Ie. TRD sport will come with the blue trim
TRD off road will be white
Base model silver
TRD Pro will be that carbon fiber
Trailhunter will be that wood grain
Where'd you find out that the OR interior trim will be white? I wouldn't mind that at all actually

philipfreire

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Website
freire.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Rav4 XLE Premium 4WD
Where'd you find out that the OR interior trim will be white? I wouldn't mind that at all actually
Sheldon brown, chief engineer for the Tacoma mention it on one of the videos during an interview when the product launch happened in Hawaii

They also leaked an interior shot of what I believe is the white trim when Toyota posted a video on the new isodynamic seats.

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma TRD OFF ROAD (in Solar Octane) Model Trim First Look! IMG_0925

cuechairo

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(TBD) 2024 Tacoma TRD OR
I am disappointed to see that even though this vehicle looks to be fully spec'd out (moonroof, trailering package, scene lighting, power tailgate, etc.), it looks like it doesn't have a HUD. In the 2nd picture it looks like the top part of the dashboard looks to be uninterrupted between the steering wheel and the windshield. My hopes for things that could be added to the TRD OR via a package include the HUD, the larger Infotainment screen, and ventilated seats. The Canyon AT4 offers all of these, so I was hoping Toyota would follow suit...

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma TRD OFF ROAD (in Solar Octane) Model Trim First Look! 2024-limited

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma TRD OFF ROAD (in Solar Octane) Model Trim First Look! 2024-trd-or

marvelmadman

First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
former 00 taco sr5. tbd 24 OR or trail hunter
I am disappointed to see that even though this vehicle looks to be fully spec'd out (moonroof, trailering package, scene lighting, power tailgate, etc.), it looks like it doesn't have a HUD. In the 2nd picture it looks like the top part of the dashboard looks to be uninterrupted between the steering wheel and the windshield. My hopes for things that could be added to the TRD OR via a package include the HUD, the larger Infotainment screen, and ventilated seats. The Canyon AT4 offers all of these, so I was hoping Toyota would follow suit...

2024-limited.png

2024-trd-or.png
The HUD, screen and vented seats are all my wants as well. I know they come in the limited but I want all the off road goodness and none of the chrome. I was hoping we would get some interior sneaky shots of this one but no luck so far. I might have to consider a trail hunter just to get all the tech with an off road package.

Subwire

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Offroad

2024-limited.png

2024-trd-or.png
HUD like a Corvette?

marvelmadman

First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
former 00 taco sr5. tbd 24 OR or trail hunter
HUD like a Corvette?
I'm not sure what you're asking but I'll try to answer anyway. I don't know if corvettes have a different kind of HUD but lots of vehicles have this kind now. My wife's kia even does. The way hers and I'm guessing the limited trim of the taco work is that its mounted in a cavity in the dash and projects up to the window. You can see the cavity in the blue box he circled on the limited but the OR doesn't seem to have a cavity.

edit: kept calling it unlimited for some reason.

Last edited:

Subwire

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Offroad
That’s the way it works in corvettes too, I had no idea Tacomas are doing it now but havnt been paying attention to the limited trim.

cuechairo

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(TBD) 2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Honestly... I'm just going to get a GMC Canyon if I can't get ventilated seats and a HUD on the TRD OR...

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
Honestly... I'm just going to get a GMC Canyon if I can't get ventilated seats and a HUD on the TRD OR...
Shoot yourself in the foot! Does the Jimmy have combo port/direct injection as the Taco does? If not, at about 50K, or sooner, you will be doing the expensive task of cleaning the ports and backs of the intake valves.

cuechairo

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(TBD) 2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Shoot yourself in the foot! Does the Jimmy have combo port/direct injection as the Taco does? If not, at about 50K, or sooner, you will be doing the expensive task of cleaning the ports and backs of the intake valves.
Not exactly, but they did address it a bit in this video I watched recently. . It appears they did put a lot of thought into this engine. Also it's got some more ponies than the 2.4L Toyota engine, so that's kinda cool.
Sponsored