chounder

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
2024 Tacoma $60K+ Halo Tacomas? tacomas

With the GMC Canyon AT4X AEV Edition at $69,034 …Can we expect the Halo Tacomas to start north of $60K?
Sponsored

tacoboutit

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EXL
Regrettably, yes. I think so. I just keep telling myself "it's okay, it will probably last like 20 years." 🤣

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TRD Pro
I predict the 2024 TRD Pro Hybrid will be priced competitively with the Colorado ZR2 Bison. $60k + before options.

The huge competitive advantage that the Pro will offer is higher fuel mileage. I think the Bison is rated at a dismal 16 mpg due to humungous 35” meats.

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
The mileage was one of the things that pushed me away from the ZR2. Also, no front sensors and hardly any interior storage (not even folding seats in the back). I can't do 16 mpg. I know that people say that you don't buy this type of truck for mileage, and they're right but the range is just too short. I don't want to have to stop every 280 odd miles to fill up gas. I was initially looking at the Trailhunter, but in the end decided to build out a TRD OR myself. Sure, it doesn't have as much power, but I should be able to trick out my truck the way I want it cheaper than the TH and have the fun of doing the build myself.

Drm919

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma SR5
Before any options if there are any :cool:
$64,999 for TRD Pro
$60,999 for Trailhunter

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
putting on my tinfoil hat... TH Tacoma will be just south of the ‘24 Tundra TRD Pro @ $68k before taxes. The Tundra trailhunter will be an $80k rig, the 4Runner Trailhunter edition will be ~$69k. Not bad considering some of these Land Rovers. I dated a chick who paid $75k for a leather couch on wheels. (Totally appropriate to gauge an expensive truck against a super expensive SUV for elitists 😆)

Last edited:

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
Exactly. I love everything about the Pro except the seats.
I’m just assuming Toyota got a great bulk deal on those seats and was looking for a spot to use them. No thanks.

spenticus

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
The mileage was one of the things that pushed me away from the ZR2. Also, no front sensors and hardly any interior storage (not even folding seats in the back). I can't do 16 mpg. I know that people say that you don't buy this type of truck for mileage, and they're right but the range is just too short. I don't want to have to stop every 280 odd miles to fill up gas. I was initially looking at the Trailhunter, but in the end decided to build out a TRD OR myself. Sure, it doesn't have as much power, but I should be able to trick out my truck the way I want it cheaper than the TH and have the fun of doing the build myself.
Same train of thought here, that’s exactly what I’m doing as well

AlexT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado ZR2
I'm at 5500 miles on my '23 ZR2 and have always exceeded the EPA ratings, unless towing. My commute is 40 miles roundtrip with 2/3 of that at 75-80mph and I usually average 18-19mpg. I recently did a 1600 mile roadtrip and found the range to be about 330 miles with "50 miles to empty". The Colorado gets a 21g tank vs the 18g in the Tacoma so that also makes a difference.

I'm happy with the ZR2 but still intrigued by the Trailhunter and the hybrid system. With that said, I fully expect the Pro to start around $62k and the TH to be closer to $65k which would be a tough pill to swallow.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TRD Pro
A 2024 Tundra TRD Pro hybrid runs around $72k.

The 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro hybrid will most likely be around $60k.

I placed my TRD Pro deposit last April at MSRP to replace my 2019 Pro. Official pricing from Toyota should be arriving sometime next month.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
It's hard enough to find a regular old TRD OR in the color and package I want for MSRP, I can't even imagine what it'll be like the try and get a PRO or TH. With their starting price and most likely 10k+ ADMs it firmly pushes me out for that price.

This experience has certainly shown that still most Toyota dealers are shady to the core. Just look at the allocation list posted, 90% of dealers are charging some kind of markup or add-on.
Sponsored