Sponsored

Auto Stop/start ?

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
I can confirm at least a Sport + in Canada does not have it. No button no start stop. Yeeee haw!
Sponsored

joemysterio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester Wilderness
To be honest, the auto stop/start is the least inconvenient thing ever and amazes me how badly it irks so many. I had it on my Mini Cooper S and it was easy to control. I also have it on my current Forester which again is easy to control when I come to a stop.

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
To be honest, the auto stop/start is the least inconvenient thing ever and amazes me how badly it irks so many. I had it on my Mini Cooper S and it was easy to control. I also have it on my current Forester which again is easy to control when I come to a stop.
It really varies. My wife had a C300 and it was pretty seamless and didn't bother me. On her X1 it is brutal. It shuts off prematurely (before you're even completely stopped) and it's a DCT trans so when it starts back up, it takes a few seconds to get in gear and let the clutch out again. To disable it, you have to dig through a few layers of menus. We added it to the shortcut screen to make it easier, but it's still super annoying.

FirstTimeTruckBuyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Audi
Iā€™ve rented several vehicles with auto stop/start and although they offer a way to disable that feature, it does not persist and has to be done each time you start the vehicle. Iā€™m sure that limitation is mandated by federal regulations, so the automakers have no choice. I realize not all folks here find this feature annoying, but I sure do. Not only does it create unnecessary wear, but its implementation varies widely by manufacturer or model. I rented a Jeep Cherokee while visiting Yellowstone in the winter and thereā€™s a noticeable delay between the time you take your foot off the brake and hit the gas before the vehicle will start moving. It doesnā€™t inspire confidence, especially in remote areas where thereā€™s virtually no cell phone service, and Iā€™m sure that delay/hesitation will only worsen as the starter/battery wears. Itā€™s annoying that I must remember to mash the disable button each time I start the vehicle as part of my ā€œpre-flight checklistā€. I wish it could be permanently disabled, but I realize that would go against the spirit of the emissions regulation.

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
I agree with above postā€¦

With my previous ā€˜22 Tundra, it was annoying when parking. Park, kill the truck, truck starts back up, kill truck again. This happened about 30% of the time.

Iā€™d prefer the option to turn off the start/stop function, and it remain off until I decide to activate it again. Instead of the system turning on with each startup.