Correct wiring for the tailgate lights?

Newtacointown

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Does any know the correct wiring for the tailgate lights? I’m trying to determine what wire is for the break light and what is the ground/neutral . I attached a photo

2024 Tacoma Correct wiring for the tailgate lights? 96F52B52-BD4C-43C6-A1A3-96F0A7C13A1C
Sponsored

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
Just grab a friend and an ohm meter. Six bits the green is the ground but it's easy to test with a meter. Once you find that, have your bud step on the brake and you're meter will show you the hot wire.

Sner

First Name
Sner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
White wire with black tracer is the ground, light green is the power wire. Just realized I attached the wiring diagram for the RHS twilight, but looking at the wiring colours in your photo, that’s the LHS connector …. Either way, white/blk is ground, green is power. A power probe or a test light would give you answers too.

2024 Tacoma Correct wiring for the tailgate lights? IMG_1617

Last edited:
OP
OP

Newtacointown

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
White wire with black tracer is the ground, light green is the power wire. Just realized I attached the wiring diagram for the RHS twilight, but looking at the wiring colours in your photo, that’s the LHS connector …. Either way, white/blk is ground, green is power. A power probe or a test light would give you answers too.

IMG_1617.jpeg
Thank you!

Sponsored

gofastdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Tacoma OR, '08 Mazda MX-5, '20 Volvo V60

IMG_1617.jpeg
That wiring diagram is great! I've been trying to find the wiring for the 400w inverter and have yet to locate it.

Sner

First Name
Sner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
That wiring diagram is great! I've been trying to find the wiring for the 400w inverter and have yet to locate it.
I have access to Prodemand - Not a ton listed yet on Prodemand for the '24 Tacoma, but some wiring diagrams are there.

gofastdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Tacoma OR, '08 Mazda MX-5, '20 Volvo V60
I have access to Prodemand - Not a ton listed yet on Prodemand for the '24 Tacoma, but some wiring diagrams are there.
I'm sure they'll add more over time. If you ever notice they have the inverter wiring layout I'd love to know what it is. I've been playing with making the 400w output active all the time but the wiring is different coming out of the inverter from what it was on previous generations.
Sponsored