Sponsored

Does anyone think Toyota will end up lowering the prices for the 4th gen Tacomas?

OP
OP

FoxTRDPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I am perplexed by a few youtubers that make the same video each week about how the 4th gens are not moving or the price is too high or Toyota is going under and they continue to get thousands of views...

but to the op question, Toyota has lots of levers to pull depending on your area and how they are moving. Discounts, 0% interest from TFS etc. Probably see something after July 4th if Toyota does not think they are moving quickly enough. They do not want to lose the best selling crown in a new Gen that was improved in so many ways over the previous gen.
Historically has the TRD Pro received the promo discounts as well? Considering getting one in my area, but if I can wait a few months and save some money I will.
Sponsored

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
The first thing Toyota will do is fix any production bottle necks that may be out there. While having a shortage whether real or perceived is not in their best interest, they want to produce vehicles and get
them out to the dealers as soon as possible. As far as discounts on PRO’s, not going to happen.

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
My local dealer has a few Tacomas with pretty big discounts. But it’s only on the SRs or SR5s with no options. The nicely equipped trucks only last a day or two before selling.

Oldmanstaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 v6 4wd tacoma
Just like any other manufacture toyota is banking on enough buyers that will pay the price for these trucks no matter what. Look what happened with those 3rd gen's, many buyers were crazy enough to pay way over msrp just to have one. Gotta be patient, when the market slows down, the discounts will begin.

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester & Subaru Ascent
I definitely don't think they will lower the official MSRP. That would be going backwards for them. However, demand will drive they price you can get from dealers. As the dealer's sales go down they will increase incentives. That is why the Tundra is currently at 0% interest despite high industry interest rates. Increasing dealer subsidies and cash back is possible too. Finally, it wouldn't surprise me if they went a few years without raising the MSRP.

Long story short, even without decreasing the MSRP lack of demand will absolutely influence the potential price you will pay. Just make sure you are aggressive in seeking out a good price.

One more thing for everyone. If you don't need to buy right now, WAIT!!!!! Prices are actively trending in the consumer's favor. Once we are through the early adopter/enthusiast period prices will drop more. Full size truck sales down for everyone and mid-size is lagging that some because they have all gotten redesigns in the last few years. Deals for the Tacoma should be wonderful at the end of this year. They could be even better next year.

Last edited:

Sponsored

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
If you want an SR or SR5 there might be some merit to holding out. Going up from there I think you will be disappointed.

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
I test drove the tacoma sport and the canyon AT4. Which are comparable trims. When you equalized everything the GMC was more.

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
I definitely don't think they will lower the official MSRP. That would be going backwards for them. However, demand will drive they price you can get from dealers. As the dealer's sales go down they will increase incentives. That is why the Tundra is currently at 0% interest despite high industry interest rates. Increasing dealer subsidies and cash back is possible too. Finally, it wouldn't surprise me if they went a few years without raising the MSRP.

Long story short, even without decreasing the MSRP lack of demand will absolutely influence the potential price you will pay. Just make sure you are aggressive in seeking out a good price.

One more thing for everyone. If you don't need to buy right now, WAIT!!!!! Prices are actively trending in the consumer's favor. Once we are through the early adopter/enthusiast period prices will drop even more. Full size truck sales down for everyone and mid-size is lagging that some because they have all gotten redesigns in the last few years. Deals for the Tacoma should be wonderful at the end of this year. They could be even better next year.
I agree with this. One thing I’d point out is the current Tundra incentives do not apply to the TRD Pro trim.

Someone else had mentioned the Tacoma upper trims are selling. That’s what I’m seeing too. The demand for the Premium packaged trucks remains strong.

So far the Tacoma has not suffered the major failures seen in the Tundra. If this trend continues, which I expect, I could see more 3rd gen Tacoma owners moving to 4th gen. Delaying incentives, especially for upper trims.

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with this. One thing I’d point out is the current Tundra incentives do not apply to the TRD Pro trim.

Someone else had mentioned the Tacoma upper trims are selling. That’s what I’m seeing too. The demand for the Premium packaged trucks remains strong.

So far the Tacoma has not suffered the major failures seen in the Tundra. If this trend continues, which I expect, I could see more 3rd gen Tacoma owners moving to 4th gen. Delaying incentives, especially for upper trims.
I agree with all this as well. Very good summary. The vehicles that are "sitting on lots" are almost exclusively the lower trims. I would also say that high trims have not been prioritized in production so far. Possibly because of parts issues. Who knows. So much reason to wait to buy if you can right now.

Last edited:

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope, I put a deposit down for a Pro over a year ago before they were announced and I'm number 48 in line. Despite what TruckBro69 on YouTube says these trucks are selling like hot cakes, the low sales numbers are due too the several production haults and roll out as previously mentioned in this thread.
Yes, top end trims are having no trouble selling. However top end trims are also very low production right now. Even the non-hybrid models like the Limited and TRD OR. The low end models are very much sitting on lots. It might just be that they are selling slower though. People forget on-site inventory was a normal thing before COVID.

It is crazy that even now we can't get inventory to normalize to sales.

Anyway, my point is simply that there are many factors going on. Production is part of it, but the demand is absolutely slowing as well in some areas.

Sponsored

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, hybrids are just now making their way to dealers slowly. We won't see prices for those drop AT ALL until the demand for those works off. It will, it will just take time. Be patient guys. I'm confident the lower price opportunities are coming.

Clay is the Way

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Well,
Doom and gloom sells. The youtubers who post that stuff still don't own a 24 tacoma and their upset they can't afford one. Maybe they should have go fund me links so others can help them buy one.

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
Hi all,

I swear every day I see a new YouTube video or post about the pricing of the new Tacomas. It seems that the community is pretty unhappy with the pricing, specifically on the TRD Pro.

That being said, do you think Toyota is going to take any action such as lowering prices on the 4th gen? Or potentially offering the TRD Pro without the iso dynamic seats to save $$$?
One dealer locally has 22 Tacomas in stock. They aren't selling. Prices will have to drop as well as increased incentives.

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
One dealer locally has 22 Tacomas in stock. They aren't selling. Prices will have to drop as well as increased incentives.
On the ground? I was able to test drive 1 the other day only because the person backed out last minute and went with a Tundra. 90% + are sold before they are on the ground at the dealership.

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
On the ground? I was able to test drive 1 the other day only because the person backed out last minute and went with a Tundra. 90% + are sold before they are on the ground at the dealership.
Correction...some are in transit. The 3 I looked at weeks ago are still there, too.
Sponsored