Done with Toyota

TRD _Rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Camry TRD, 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Done with Toyota dealerships and my desire to get a Tacoma. Went to a local dealer a few weeks and they said they had a TRD OR available 03/10. Had me put a deposit in and today they said, "Oh we messed up It isnt even being built till 03/20 and won't be here for about 4 weeks after that". I immediately pulled my deposit. Started searching other Dealerships and found a truck on lot but they added a $9500 Dealer Markup, I said GTFO. He said we can drop to a $5000 Mark up and I again said no thanks. Another dealer sent me info on a truck that will be here in a few days and pressured me for a deposit. Turns out they were looking at a wrong truck as it was a Sport not a OR. I told them at no time did I ever ask about a Sport. They still tried to talk me into a deposit and said they have a OR coming on 03/25. but again, they want a $4995 markup. I understand I will have to pay MSRP but no way am I giving a dealership $5000-$10000 in markup. I think I am done with Toyota.

I have a 2018 Tundra TRD OR and a 2024 Camry TRD, but I think it's time to move on from Toyota.
Sponsored

Newwt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 TRD OR
are you looking for a 2nd tacoma? you already have one on your profile...

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
Throwing the baby out with the bath water ? Purchasing vehicles is nearly always a miserable experience. I got 1500 under and floor mats. Your problem is the left coast. Go out of state maybe....

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
Good choice OP not to pay a ADM...At MSRP its over priced, but its 2024 and the new normal

OP
OP
TRD _Rob

TRD _Rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Camry TRD, 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
are you looking for a 2nd tacoma? you already have one on your profile...
Thats the one I had a deposit on that was supposed to be here by 03/10.

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
I know it is frustrating. First off kudos for not paying ADM. No one should. Once the holds are released you will start to see many of them hit dealerships. Your excitement in the Tacoma is warranted, the holds have really delayed things. Hang in there and stop looking until you see trucks hitting multiple dealers. I might suggest working with one dealer and sticking with them until you get what you want.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
...done with toyota 'dealerships' is more fair IMO. With the Super Bowl /NFL partnership plug, they're definitely behind the 8 ball in terms of actuals deliveries vs the hype train they created.

The QC holds not a good look. Lack of onshore competition just exacerbates more buyers to imports.

If they don't these get trucks out quick might as well call them 2025s.

A lot of buyers aren't happy. So I totally can see where the OP is coming from.

Silver lining to this rollout is I have a cash hoard compounding. My work truck..still works. Keeping expectations low so that when I take delivery I'll be stoked. Keep it positive!

2TR-FE

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tacoma SR5
I am getting frustrated with Toyota as well. Both my Corolla and 3rd gen Tacoma have been impacted by recalls within a week. The Corolla needs the Toyota safety sense 3.0 updated and the Tacoma needs the rear axle inspected for welding debris.

Don’t pay anything above msrp. The market is hot because the 4th gens are new. I see tundras just sitting for thousands off msrp. That was not the case a couple years ago. If you are patient, you may be able to score a good deal in the future.

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
This forum holds less than 1% of all future perspective Tacoma buyers. We are the only ones that actually know about any type of QC Holds. The real Tacoma buyers are waiting for them to be released in mass and sitting there on the dealer’s lot so they can just go buy one, not mess with all of this “ordering” BS.
“Done with Toyota” is pretty harsh, especially when it’s all your fault for not being patient enough to wait it out to get what you want. Bye Bye

PNWblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Done with Toyota dealerships and my desire to get a Tacoma. Went to a local dealer a few weeks and they said they had a TRD OR available 03/10. Had me put a deposit in and today they said, "Oh we messed up It isnt even being built till 03/20 and won't be here for about 4 weeks after that". I immediately pulled my deposit. Started searching other Dealerships and found a truck on lot but they added a $9500 Dealer Markup, I said GTFO. He said we can drop to a $5000 Mark up and I again said no thanks. Another dealer sent me info on a truck that will be here in a few days and pressured me for a deposit. Turns out they were looking at a wrong truck as it was a Sport not a OR. I told them at no time did I ever ask about a Sport. They still tried to talk me into a deposit and said they have a OR coming on 03/25. but again, they want a $4995 markup. I understand I will have to pay MSRP but no way am I giving a dealership $5000-$10000 in markup. I think I am done with Toyota.

I have a 2018 Tundra TRD OR and a 2024 Camry TRD, but I think it's time to move on from Toyota.
The dealer games are awful, but if you are in the market for a new truck I'm starting to see full size trucks come way down. Some are even lower than a new TRD OR Taco...

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Use the tools available to find the right price. Use smartpath and the allocation spreadsheet. You'll find one at the right price and get an idea when they're coming. Look for 'Freight' or 'Ground' on the sheet. Don't call dealers!
Sponsored