Ghosted_trd

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner, 2017 4Runner, 2024 Tacoma
Hmm..

Wheel Size & Offset- would be nice to know,, it’s stamped on the wheel somewhere.

Ride Quality- maybe “switch” the shocks to settings #1 & #3 and let us know what differences you feel, if any. .

Inquire about what type of fabrication is required to install the factory air compressor.
Ride quality on road and off road was 12/10!! It was amazing, way better than the current gen 4Runner and Tacoma. I couldn’t adjust the shocks.
I don’t have an exact number on wheel offset or width but from what I’ve seen is the offset is almost identical to the tundra so you’ll want to stick around +10 to -12 offset. (My guess) I forgot to ask about the air compressor, it wasn’t in this trd pro

OP
OP
Ghosted_trd

Ghosted_trd

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow I’m envious!

Can you check the wheel well gaps to estimate what it would take (if any) to increase the tires from 33” to 35”?

Also if the brakes appear to have enough clearance to size down to 17” wheels.

Thank you and HAVE FUN!
So you can fit 35s with ease but you’ll have to unbolt that bracket on the body mount. And yes there is room to fit 17” rims on the bigger brakes

OP
OP
Ghosted_trd

Ghosted_trd

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there an "EV" mode? If so, up to what speed, how far, etc.
There is no EV mode, these hybrid systems are more for power not fuel efficiency. You do have an ECO mode tho

PadyWagon

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
996 Turbo | TJ Rubicon (being replaced by TRD Pro)
So you can fit 35s with ease but you’ll have to unbolt that bracket on the body mount. And yes there is room to fit 17” rims on the bigger brakes
Sir, you are my hero. If you find yourself in Rhode Island, dinners on me.

OP
OP
Ghosted_trd

Ghosted_trd

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Impressions of the iforce max and those seats/suspension setup please. Actually any first impressions (good or bad) that can help us potential buyers make a decision would be great!
The TRD Pro was awesome! The seats were really nice even though they weren’t tuned properly. Sadly I haven’t been in the non hybrid version of the Tacoma yet so I am comparing it to the 3rd gen. The hybrid put down the power with ease, it pins you to your seat but nothing super extreme. But first impressions, it was great, drove super smooth and you never had to worry about power. The only bad this was the loss of storage under the seats and the loss of room in the back seats from the ISO seats.

OP
OP
Ghosted_trd

Ghosted_trd

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you make note of the black plastic piece sticking out near the headrest of the pro seats? I was always curious if it would get in the way of your neck lol.

Also is this an official toyota event? Pricing and mpg or just driving?
So that black plastic piece never hit your head or neck, so that is nothing to worry about unless you are shorter than me. (5’7)

OP
OP
Ghosted_trd

Ghosted_trd

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
POWER MANAGEMENT:
1- Ask what battery supplies current to the lights/bed lights/etc when the engine is off.
2- if you draw 12v power from the bed with the engine off, will it pull current from the 12V main battery or the hybrid battery?
3- Ask if main truck battery is depleted/dead, will the engine start via the NiMH hybrid pack?

Since the TRD PRO will have a wireless trailer cam compatibility, ask if the TH will have that same shark fin wireless hardware.

Thanks!
I didn’t dig into this while I was there but I wish I did because I want to know as well

OP
OP
Ghosted_trd

Ghosted_trd

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.) Do the Pros and TH exclusively get the additional cross member up front, or is that the Off-road models as well?
2.) If any are equipped with the air compressor, is it the ARB single or dual compressor unit?
3.) Steering gearing is different on the TH/Pro. Can you ask if that is exclusive to these models vs the OR?
4.) Is the front diff a 9"? I saw some things saying it was basically the same as the 3rd gen, but with the new torque numbers I would assume its a larger setup.
5.) Can you ask how much power is available from the hybrid system to the 12v battery? I am very curious how winching with effect this electrical system. If the winch drains the battery under a 400 amp winch load, is the hybrid battery system designed to allow that kind of current to the 12v battery? I am curious what its cut off might be. This is probably too technical of a question for whoever you are doing this event with, but its something that I have wondered about a lot and cant seem to find an answer. Toyota will certainly be selling ARB winch compatible bumpers, so they should be prepared for this question anyway.
So the front and rear diff are both larger than the 3rd gen, but yes the guy I was with at the event didn’t know to much himself. The tie rods are larger than the 3rd gen, I haven’t heard anything about an extra cross member but I’d assume it would be for all the off-road models.

OP
OP
Ghosted_trd

Ghosted_trd

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ghosted, you got all that bro? 🤣Don’t let us down now ya hear!
I’m trying not to haha, the guys at the event didn’t know much about the truck so I couldn’t ask any crazy questions

jcwls3

First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S
The hybrid system definitely wasn’t gutless that’s for sure! It puts you in your seat a bit but nothing crazy… [plus several other similar posts]
This is helpful. I am hoping for a serious dose of torque at zero rpm right off the line, where all electric motors excel. Sounds like Toyota has tuned the Tacoma hybrid as I thought it should — lots of low-down, get-moving grunt, with the turbo kicking in later for top-end horsepower.

Thanks for responding to my post, and so many others! 👍🏻