Sponsored

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I’ll have first hand experience with the TRD pro this week, so let me know what you guys would like to see!
Hmm..

Wheel Size & Offset- would be nice to know,, it’s stamped on the wheel somewhere.

Ride Quality- maybe “switch” the shocks to settings #1 & #3 and let us know what differences you feel, if any. .

Inquire about what type of fabrication is required to install the factory air compressor.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I’ll have first hand experience with the TRD pro this week, so let me know what you guys would like to see!
You lucky sob…

general driving impressions of the hybrid vs non would be great.

real world comments on just how much room the iso seats take up

is the event you’re going to part of a larger Toyota event for the iforce max models or nah?

PadyWagon

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
996 Turbo | TJ Rubicon (being replaced by TRD Pro)
Wow I’m envious!

Can you check the wheel well gaps to estimate what it would take (if any) to increase the tires from 33” to 35”?

Also if the brakes appear to have enough clearance to size down to 17” wheels.

Thank you and HAVE FUN!

OP
OP
Ghosted_trd

Ghosted_trd

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner, 2017 4Runner, 2024 Tacoma
You lucky sob…

general driving impressions of the hybrid vs non would be great.

real world comments on just how much room the iso seats take up

is the event you’re going to part of a larger Toyota event for the iforce max models or nah?
I got exclusive access to them at Barrett Jackson

Hannzie

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 bmw x2
Impressions of the iforce max and those seats/suspension setup please. Actually any first impressions (good or bad) that can help us potential buyers make a decision would be great!

tacotac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Wow I’m envious!

Can you check the wheel well gaps to estimate what it would take (if any) to increase the tires from 33” to 35”?

Also if the brakes appear to have enough clearance to size down to 17” wheels.

Thank you and HAVE FUN!
I already checked the gaps myself. First of all the tires on TH and Pro are « small » 33s. They are smaller in all dimensions than the competition which uses 285/70/17.
Secondly, from the gap, I would say 35x11.5 should fit depending on wheel offset. And 295/70r18 should be no pbm.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I got exclusive access to them at Barrett Jackson
Can you make note of the black plastic piece sticking out near the headrest of the pro seats? I was always curious if it would get in the way of your neck lol.

Also is this an official toyota event? Pricing and mpg or just driving?

OP
OP
Ghosted_trd

Ghosted_trd

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner, 2017 4Runner, 2024 Tacoma
Can you make note of the black plastic piece sticking out near the headrest of the pro seats? I was always curious if it would get in the way of your neck lol.

Also is this an official toyota event? Pricing and mpg or just driving?
No pricing or MPG, they are just driving prototypes

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
1.) Do the Pros and TH exclusively get the additional cross member up front, or is that the Off-road models as well?
2.) If any are equipped with the air compressor, is it the ARB single or dual compressor unit?
3.) Steering gearing is different on the TH/Pro. Can you ask if that is exclusive to these models vs the OR?
4.) Is the front diff a 9"? I saw some things saying it was basically the same as the 3rd gen, but with the new torque numbers I would assume its a larger setup.
5.) Can you ask how much power is available from the hybrid system to the 12v battery? I am very curious how winching with effect this electrical system. If the winch drains the battery under a 400 amp winch load, is the hybrid battery system designed to allow that kind of current to the 12v battery? I am curious what its cut off might be. This is probably too technical of a question for whoever you are doing this event with, but its something that I have wondered about a lot and cant seem to find an answer. Toyota will certainly be selling ARB winch compatible bumpers, so they should be prepared for this question anyway.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
POWER MANAGEMENT:
1- Ask what battery supplies current to the lights/bed lights/etc when the engine is off.
2- if you draw 12v power from the bed with the engine off, will it pull current from the 12V main battery or the hybrid battery?
3- Ask if main truck battery is depleted/dead, will the engine start via the NiMH hybrid pack?

Since the TRD PRO will have a wireless trailer cam compatibility, ask if the TH will have that same shark fin wireless hardware.

Thanks!

Last edited:

VI510N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD off-road
Gotta say the carbon on the back of the iso seats look way better than the gloss shown on other prototypes.