Ghosted_trd

Ghosted_trd

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner, 2017 4Runner, 2024 Tacoma
This is helpful. I am hoping for a serious dose of torque at zero rpm right off the line, where all electric motors excel. Sounds like Toyota has tuned the Tacoma hybrid as I thought it should — lots of low-down, get-moving grunt, with the turbo kicking in later for top-end horsepower.

Thanks for responding to my post, and so many others! 👍🏻
No problem! Sorry it took so long but the hybrid was really nice, it had non stop power for the entire RPM range!
Sponsored

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Tacoma Off-Road; 2018 Audi S5 tuned
@Ghosted_trd Greatly appreciate all the info and replies! I’m super jealous you had a chance to drive the Pro. Looked like a lot of fun. I’ll buy you a beer in the Denver area if you’re ever around. I need to save the lobster and steak money for my TH and mods :LOL:

msorel

First Name
msorel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
1.) Do the Pros and TH exclusively get the additional cross member up front, or is that the Off-road models as well?
2.) If any are equipped with the air compressor, is it the ARB single or dual compressor unit?
3.) Steering gearing is different on the TH/Pro. Can you ask if that is exclusive to these models vs the OR?
4.) Is the front diff a 9"? I saw some things saying it was basically the same as the 3rd gen, but with the new torque numbers I would assume its a larger setup.
5.) Can you ask how much power is available from the hybrid system to the 12v battery? I am very curious how winching with effect this electrical system. If the winch drains the battery under a 400 amp winch load, is the hybrid battery system designed to allow that kind of current to the 12v battery? I am curious what its cut off might be. This is probably too technical of a question for whoever you are doing this event with, but its something that I have wondered about a lot and cant seem to find an answer. Toyota will certainly be selling ARB winch compatible bumpers, so they should be prepared for this question anyway.
Both the Pros and TH models are bestowed with the additional cross member up front, ensuring robustness in challenging terrains. As for the air compressor, it's the ARB dual compressor unit that finds its place in equipped models. Regarding steering gearing, the TH/Pro models boast exclusivity in this aspect compared to the Off-Road variants. The front differential, indeed a substantial 9", provides the necessary muscle, catering to the enhanced torque demands. Regarding the hybrid system's power provision to the 12V battery during winching, while specifics may vary, Toyota engineers likely designed the system to accommodate such demands, ensuring reliability and functionality during rigorous off-road endeavors.

Last edited:

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
I am 5’7 and if sit behind myself, I have about 2” of leg room from the iso seats. Sitting behind someone that is 5’11, my knees fit right between the frame and shocks.
Thank you! I'm 5'9" and won't be having those Pro seats, so my family may actually fit in this truck. Good news. Thanks again.
Sponsored