Hybrid + 6-foot Bed = Unicorn?

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
I was checking out the specs page on Toyota.com today and I noticed something new (to me). With the hybrid option the TRD Off-road and TRD Sport are only selectable with the 5-foot bed. In fact, the only trim available with a 6-foot bed AND a hybrid powertrain is the Trailhunter.

I know the TRD Pro and Limited donā€™t even have a 6-foot option. But I was really hoping for a Off-road with a long bed and a hybrid.

Anyone have insider info about this? Is this how itā€™s going to be?
Sponsored

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
I was checking out the specs page on Toyota.com today and I noticed something new (to me). With the hybrid option the TRD Off-road and TRD Sport are only selectable with the 5-foot bed. In fact, the only trim available with a 6-foot bed AND a hybrid powertrain is the Trailhunter.

I know the TRD Pro and Limited donā€™t even have a 6-foot option. But I was really hoping for a Off-road with a long bed and a hybrid.

Anyone have insider info about this? Is this how itā€™s going to be?
In Canada, the order guide for the hybrids was released, and yes the only hybrid with an available 6' is the Trailhunter. It may be different in the US. I was surprised the Limited isn't available with 6'.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
As of right now according to Toyota's config site, the TH will only have the 6' bed option. It would be sick to option an OR iForceMax with a 6' bed and bed perimeter lighting, big invertor coupled into a premium package. Maybe in 2025.

DAFFYDOHC

First Name
Santy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR86
I only went with the Trailhunter for the 6ft bed. You guys just made me realize how much hard that will be with 1 specific color I want.

OP
OP
Taco Azul

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
Well thatā€™s disappointing. This might make me try to stretch for the TH. But it has a lot of stuff I donā€™t need.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
I only went with the Trailhunter for the 6ft bed. You guys just made me realize how much hard that will be with 1 specific color I want.
yea vinyl wrap will be a thing for sure. Resale will be much better too. I only intend to have this TH for 6-7years max

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Well thatā€™s disappointing. This might make me try to stretch for the TH. But it has a lot of stuff I donā€™t need.
Yep, the long bed TH wheelbase not ideal for extreme rock picking, but I donā€™t attempt class 5 trails unless Iā€™m on a MTB.

Added weight with all the steel underside protection but hey some decent peace of mind while your in the middle nowhere and get into a tight spot
Sponsored

Last edited: