Sponsored

PNWblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
That's true. Unfortunately people go into mass hysteria when there's a problem. It's a good thing though, at least you know what could happen and why. It also encourages manufacturers to fix problems quickly. I have a feeling this will lead to a software update to the traction control as I am now fairly certain that was the cause. He was revving this in 4 Lo (not unreasonably) and the traction control grabbed the wheel at full torque and snapped the ADD Fork. This is just a guess of course. If I get in a situation like this, I will be turning off TC until we know that wasn't the problem.
Isn't traction control off in 4lo?
Sponsored

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
No, otherwise crawl control and MTS wouldn't work. Traditional traction control may turn off, but MTS is basically traction control on steroids.

OP
OP

ScottyTaco

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco and camry
it really did look like the breaks just over did it, like that thing was getting the piss revved out of it...super high rpm or at least it sounded like it with no wheels moving.

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
In my old Challenger and my cousin’s Sierra, turning traction control off did not completely disengage it. Holding the button down for 10 seconds or so you would hear an audible ding and a message would appear in dash saying Traction control is disabled. Then it would truly be old school, sideways, tire spinning, girly man scaring fun, 🤩.

Mrknowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Silverado, 14 JKUR
The LCs are made in different assembly plants if I’m not mistaken and most in Japan. Read it here on an another thread. Maybe someone can clarify
Even though the Tacoma is built in Mexico and the LC in Japan, the hybrid systems use many of the same parts, along with the Tundra and Sequoia. There can simply be total parts availability limitations. I think they’ll launch the Pro and TH on time, but might limit numbers even more and the other trims might be deeeep into 2024 before hybrids ship.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
I think they’ll launch the Pro and TH on time, but might limit numbers even more and the other trims might be deeeep into 2024 before hybrids ship.
This is probably a reasonable timeline seeing how Toyota N.A. doesn't even have pricing yet for the TH & PRO yet LC pricing has been published some time now.

BigDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma PreRunner (future)

Now Road and Track wants a piece lol.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43

Now Road and Track wants a piece lol.
It's a good thing that others are trying to replicate that failure, right? TFL's broke without pushing it very hard at all, so hopefully whatever flaw they experienced gets resolved quickly.

It's kind of nuts that they didn't even air down. That seems ludicrous to me.

PNWblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
TFL released another video, this time picking it up from the dealer with an "explanation".

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
TFL released another video, this time picking it up from the dealer with an "explanation".
For those trying to find where they talk about the issue: scroll to 9:20.

Is it expected to have to get an alignment when replacing the front diff on an IFS vehicle? That seemed weird to me.

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
For those trying to find where they talk about the issue: scroll to 9:20.

Is it expected to have to get an alignment when replacing the front diff on an IFS vehicle? That seemed weird to me.
Well they have to remove the axles which on older Tacomas only required the upper control arm removal, but I guarantee Toyota wanted everything perfect when they gave it back to TFL so cooperate probably made sure it would be as good as it could possibly be. The fact that they had a new diff and ADD installed in this brand new truck truck in 8 days means Toyota HQ was heavily involved in getting it back out onto TFLs channel to prove itself and help make up for the PR nightmare associated with the breakage.

Parts were overnighted to that dealership, because there's no way they had one in stock. Even if some of the parts are carry over, it would have some updates on it requiring a special order part from Mexico.
Sponsored