Sponsored

Losing my Multi-information Display settings on the '24 Tacoma with restart.

stillgotomx

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
I've searched the forums and can't find anyone having this problem, so it's probably just dumb a** me doing something wrong. I reviewed trainer Steve Clifford's vids and finally figured out the MDI 3 screen display and how to set it up to my liking. Problem is, that on restarting the truck, either the 1st,. 2nd, or 3rd time, any settings I put in vanish, and I am right back to the ones that were there on the day I picked up the truck. For example, I hate seeing the mpg data at all unless I want to, so changed that; never have anyone in the back seat, so changed that; and generally reorganized the screens to that I could get info I need in an orderly and predictable manner. Sure enough, each time I do this, the next time or two I start up, the MPG data, steering wheel angle, and all the other initial settings are back.

Anyone have this problem, or help me get it right?
Sponsored

Andy@AAV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Tacoma, 2022 Wrangler 4xe
Look for a "demo" setting or something like that buried in the menu? Something for dealers to have enabled to show the vehicle off maybe.

BarryLimited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Taco Limited
I've searched the forums and can't find anyone having this problem, so it's probably just dumb a** me doing something wrong. I reviewed trainer Steve Clifford's vids and finally figured out the MDI 3 screen display and how to set it up to my liking. Problem is, that on restarting the truck, either the 1st,. 2nd, or 3rd time, any settings I put in vanish, and I am right back to the ones that were there on the day I picked up the truck. For example, I hate seeing the mpg data at all unless I want to, so changed that; never have anyone in the back seat, so changed that; and generally reorganized the screens to that I could get info I need in an orderly and predictable manner. Sure enough, each time I do this, the next time or two I start up, the MPG data, steering wheel angle, and all the other initial settings are back.

Anyone have this problem, or help me get it right?
My Limited does the same thing. Must be a bug in the software or firmware.