Missing under hood insulation

TacoJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
I've owned my 2024 TRD Sport 4X4 for a couple of weeks now. I stopped in a local Toyota/Lexus specialty shop today to inquire about a break-in oil change and they were excited to check out the 2024, asking if they could open the hood.
Once open the owner of the shop said "Uh where is your hood insulation?" He pointed out that there were pushpin holes in the hood and explained why it should have one, but it was the first time I actually noticed that it did not have the insulation piece installed.
I have seen photos online where it was installed, but others where it was not.
Do any TRD Sport owners out there have the insulation installed from the factory or is this a missing part on my truck? Thanks for any information!
Sponsored

M40A1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD
Yes, my 2024 Sport does have the insulation. Edited to add that I do have the premium package.

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
I have a Canadian sport+..it doesn't have the hood mat or the special front acoustic glass. A couple of weeks ago I drove a premium with both...I really tried to decide if the premium was quieter than mine, maybe slightly less motor noise. But not worth the price of the mat for me.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Crazy to think at the price we pay we can't even get some insulation 🤣🤣 I got the Canadian 6M so I'm absolutely thrown into the trash with Toyota. I can hear ever single noise my engine bay makes and it drives me insane honestly, music's always up.

Sponsored

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Sheldon Brown (Chief Engineer) even stated they choose hood insulation over an engine cover! Now it’s only on the premiums?

OP
OP

TacoJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Interesting!! Thanks for all the responses. I texted my salesman and he's going to check with his parts guy to try and confirm whether or not mine should have had one. I have the Sport upgrade+ so you would think it would be on there but...

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
Interesting!! Thanks for all the responses. I texted my salesman and he's going to check with his parts guy to try and confirm whether or not mine should have had one. I have the Sport upgrade+ so you would think it would be on there but...
I also have the Sport upgrade package. Please update if you find out anything
Sponsored