First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Ranger
From Car & Driver:
Estimated price for TRD Pro $65000.
I’m out. I knew it would be high but when I read it from a reliable source, reality set in.
Jesus... If they're right on the estimate, and it seems reasonable, I'd be looking at $65k after the dealership markup - and that would be before tax, title, license... or any of the accessories I had been looking at. All told, I'm guessing I'd be looking at damned near $80k for the Trailhunter of my dreams...which is where it'll be staying, I guess. :LOL:
Sponsored

4rsreed

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
With that level of a MSRP for a mid sized truck, I would suggest that dealer mark ups an out of the question. Everyone should simply walk out of a dealership the minute they suggest a markup above MSRP, shipping, handing, taxes and tags. I’m not against the dealership and Toyota making money. But there is plenty of profit in MSRP and the days of supply chain are over. Stay strong. Good luck out there with your purchase.

TacomaFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tacoma Limited
With that level of a MSRP for a mid sized truck, I would suggest that dealer mark ups an out of the question. Everyone should simply walk out of a dealership the minute they suggest a markup above MSRP, shipping, handing, taxes and tags. I’m not against the dealership and Toyota making money. But there is plenty of profit in MSRP and the days of supply chain are over. Stay strong. Good luck out there with your purchase.
I agree. I think we all have to step back and remember that there is a lot of excitement right now about the new Tacoma and this will settle down. When it does, we all want to feel good about our purchase and how much we spent.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1st Gen TRD V6
I searched the inventory in an East Coast zip code on the Toyota website (a search in my area didn’t have the 2024 selection). Expanded the search to 500 miles. Here’s an example of a 2024 TRD Off Road from the search results. Final price shown includes taxes and fees near me.
I started to think I could be happy with this and then remembered it doesn’t have the bigger engine.

2024 Tacoma Official: 2024 Tacoma Pricing and MPG Revealed! IMG_0302

Last edited:

outcast

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
I searched the inventory in an East Coast zip code on the Toyota website (a search in my area didn’t have the 2024 selection). Expanded the search to 500 miles. Here’s an example of a 2024 TRD Off Road from the search results. Final price shown includes taxes and fees near me.
I started to think I could be happy with this and then remembered it doesn’t have the bigger engine. Ouch.

View attachment 7053 View attachment 7053
Hybrid engine should only increase it about 3200-3500 hopefully as that is the price difference in the tundra for non-hybrid to hybrid

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Am I in the minority in being kind of happy the new top trim Tacomas will price out a lot of folks?

All I see on the roads are Tacoma OR and Pros. It will kind of be nice to have some exclusiveness.

4rsreed

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Hybrid engine should only increase it about 3200-3500 hopefully as that is the price difference in the tundra for non-hybrid to hybrid
It was funny when I talked to a dealer today, he said that his manager was willing to deal at MSRP for a non-Hybrid because I have purchased a vehicle from them in the past, but was looking to mark up Hybrids. I thanked him for his time and hung up the phone. I will wait until sanity comes to the dealers. No rush. If I've got to wait until the summer or really get production underway, I'm good.

outcast

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
It was funny when I talked to a dealer today, he said that his manager was willing to deal at MSRP for a non-Hybrid because I have purchased a vehicle from them in the past, but was looking to mark up Hybrids. I thanked him for his time and hung up the phone. I will wait until sanity comes to the dealers. No rush. If I've got to wait until the summer or really get production underway, I'm good.
My plan is a TH by Christmas 2024

Hope by that time production is up, dealers are sane

I’ll be willing to pay a tiny markup (1500-2000) but nothing more than that

4rsreed

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
My plan is a TH by Christmas 2024

Hope by that time production is up, dealers are sane

I’ll be willing to pay a tiny markup (1500-2000) but nothing more than that
Remember that Christmas is a time to clear the lots for the next year. “December to Remember” and what not. They are usually looking to deal at that time. I’ll bet you could find a reasonably good deal on a ‘23 Tundra over the next couple of weeks. Good luck to you in finding your own perfect TH.

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson