Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tacoma Limited

TacomaFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tacoma Limited
Im hoping they offer a midnight package for the Limited to take care of the chrome
I got the nightshade edition on my mag grey 2023 Limited I bought last month. I did not really like it at first, but it has grown on me. I think it would look good with the new underground color on the 4th gen

RichieRich

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RSQ8,Audi RS5,Audi RS7, 22 Taco Limited
I was thinking the same, but if you option up a sport or Off Road you have almost the same equipment, sometimes more if you include the offroad goodies TRD OR. The only thing I saw was missing was the HUD, Adaptable Suspension, and the Power Running boards. It feels like all of these TRD initial trims are equipped pretty much the same with the main differences being the suspension. If the Limited wasn't covered in Chrome, I think I would like it better. Not sure why they're doing that in 2024.
I don't get all that chrome either. Makes the trucks look like the early 2000's

cuechairo

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(TBD) 2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Looking at the mpg numbers - I feel like the 4cyl is going to work HARD to push this truck around
I don't understand where this is coming from. Read the MPG and Torque numbers.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1st Gen TRD V6
From Car & Driver:
Estimated price for TRD Pro $65000.
Iā€™m out. I knew it would be high but when I read it from a reliable source, reality set in.

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Tacoma Off-Road; 2018 Audi S5 tuned
From Car & Driver:
Estimated price for TRD Pro $65000.
Iā€™m out. I knew it would be high but when I read it from a reliable source, reality set in.
Reliable source? I don't disagree that Car & Driver is a reliable source, but they don't have any intel that any of us here don't have. No insider information, just an educated guess based on the released pricing and spec information. At $65K it's $7k off of a 2024 Tundra TRD Pro. In my opinion that is too damn close for that to make any kind of sense when differentiating between a mid-sized and full-sized model with a completely different engine, body, etc. I also don't see there being a $8k difference between TH and Pro. This is honestly the most surprising thing about the price guess. I would bet that there's a $2k - $4k difference max between the two which could go either towards TH or Pro (tbd). What is your personal threshold of what you think is reasonable? I think much over $60k for either TH or Pro and we're getting into risky territory for Toyota to continue to crush the mid-sized segment and eeking too far ahead of the competitors. I am not trying to be negative in any way towards what you're saying, but I think we are all putting a lot of stock in speculative information. (I've said this before on here regarding different posts by"credible" sources, so far of which has largely been untrue)

The 2023 Tacoma TRD Pro is $50,740 without destination fee. The 2024 is no doubt way more bad ass in a ton of ways, but if we're comparing apples to apples packaging and everything a $15k increase seems insane. That is also a $12k increase over the actual released pricing of a 2024 Tacoma Limited (non-hybrid). It could be that high, and if it is I'm in your camp for sure. If you haven't watched TRD Jon's YouTube video about pricing you should check it out. I think it does a good job highlighting the real difference between models (that have actually been released) and what goes into those increases. Point being, the Pro @ $65 seems like a reach.

I see you're in Denver area as well, or at least based on the 5280. I could see $65k possibly if they were including dealer markups all around. As an fyi Mountain States doesn't charge markups and they are the largest dealer in the state. That's where I have my deposit for the TH. This is all 100% my opinion, but I wouldn't get too worked up just yet.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1st Gen TRD V6
Reliable source? I don't disagree that Car & Driver is a reliable source, but they don't have any intel that any of us here don't have. No insider information, just an educated guess based on the released pricing and spec information. At $65K it's $7k off of a 2024 Tundra TRD Pro. In my opinion that is too damn close for that to make any kind of sense when differentiating between a mid-sized and full-sized model with a completely different engine, body, etc. I also don't see there being a $8k difference between TH and Pro. This is honestly the most surprising thing about the price guess. I would bet that there's a $2k - $4k difference max between the two which could go either towards TH or Pro (tbd). What is your personal threshold of what you think is reasonable? I think much over $60k for either TH or Pro and we're getting into risky territory for Toyota to continue to crush the mid-sized segment and eeking too far ahead of the competitors. I am not trying to be negative in any way towards what you're saying, but I think we are all putting a lot of stock in speculative information. (I've said this before on here regarding different posts by"credible" sources, so far of which has largely been untrue)

The 2023 Tacoma TRD Pro is $50,740 without destination fee. The 2024 is no doubt way more bad ass in a ton of ways, but if we're comparing apples to apples packaging and everything a $15k increase seems insane. That is also a $12k increase over the actual released pricing of a 2024 Tacoma Limited (non-hybrid). It could be that high, and if it is I'm in your camp for sure. If you haven't watched TRD Jon's YouTube video about pricing you should check it out. I think it does a good job highlighting the real difference between models (that have actually been released) and what goes into those increases. Point being, the Pro @ $65 seems like a reach.

I see you're in Denver area as well, or at least based on the 5280. I could see $65k possibly if they were including dealer markups all around. As an fyi Mountain States doesn't charge markups and they are the largest dealer in the state. That's where I have my deposit for the TH. This is all 100% my opinion, but I wouldn't get too worked up just yet.
I hope youā€™re right; I guess I was thinking closer to $60k. I have to draw the line somewhere. Iā€™m on the list at Stevinson (no deposit required), and Iā€™ll stay on it until actual pricing is released. Iā€™m not optimistic at this point, though.

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hope youā€™re right; I guess I was thinking closer to $60k. I have to draw the line somewhere. Iā€™m on the list at Stevinson (no deposit required), and Iā€™ll stay on it until actual pricing is released. Iā€™m not optimistic at this point, though.
I don't blame you. I have to draw the line as well. Not entirely sure where that is yet, but man seems like $65k is there... I'm coming from an 05' (looks like you may be 1st gen) so I may have a higher threshold than if I were coming off a 3rd gen I guess, but still. You on a list at Stevenson for a Pro? If so what number are you? The other concern I have is where we are on the list. I'm 4th on the list at Mountain States for a TH. I feel good about the likelihood of getting one early on, but you never now. When I put money down in early June it sounded like there were quite a few on the Pro list already and I was one of the first on the TH. I would be concerned if I were 10+ given historical allocations. Again, speculation but just a thought.

Food for thought, but maybe put your name on a high optioned hybrid TRD Off-Road as well if they'll let you.

Last edited:

Teufel Taco

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma
The rough number I came up with for the ā€˜24 Pro factoring in current differences in prices between ā€˜23 models and ā€˜24 models as well as the price difference between a Tundra gas model vs a Tundra hybrid model, is $58,535 before destination. Destination would put it right at 60k +/-.

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The rough number I came up with for the ā€˜24 Pro factoring in current differences in prices between ā€˜23 models and ā€˜24 models as well as the price difference between a Tundra gas model vs a Tundra hybrid model, is $58,535 before destination. Destination would put it right at 60k +/-.
To me that makes a hell of a lot more sense. Obviously we don't really know, but that seems like a pretty solid guess.
Sponsored

Last edited: